5.0 out of 5 stars Ace Purchase Bird Station!
Published on 1 July 2010 by Gray

3.0 out of 5 stars Bird Feeder
Published on 14 Mar 2010 by KatRose

3.0 out of 5 stars Bird Feeder, 14 Mar 2010
This review is from: Gardman Complete Feeding Station Kit with 4 Feeders (Garden & Outdoors)
Nice looking feeder - bought it for my dad for Christmas but have only just put it together. it feels a bit wobbly in the ground, not sure how long it will last on a windy day! Only one problem - the plastic bird bath wasn't in the box! I will send the company a message to see if they will send one on to me as it definately says on the box that it is included. all the other feeders are in there and they look really good.

added 17/03/2010 - contacted Longacres regarding the missing bird bath on the evening of the 14th and had a reply the following day saying they would send one on to me. This arrived on the 15th - very impressed with the fast response and ease of reporting this problem. Thank you very much! The bird bath locks into place on the feeder so there's no chance it will blow away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ace Purchase Bird Station!, 1 July 2010
I pondered over the various alternatives of feeder station for a long time, ideally looking for a slightly cheaper option than this one for a friend's birthday present. I took a gamble on the Gardman in the end as I fancied the look of it in the pics. And was I pleased when I opened the box! The kit not only looks superior but is of high quality and very sturdy indeed - a sort of Rolls Royce of bird feeder stations. The feed containers are well designed and pest proof and match the frame perfectly. It is also easy to assemble. My friend is absolutely made up with it, and now I am planning to purchase one for myself. I have no hesitation in recommending this product to anyone as it is such good value and so pleasing to the eye. Needless to say the item arrived very swiftly and well within the estimated delivery time. Thank you again Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Banquet for the birds, 30 Jun 2010
John Moore (GB) - See all my reviews
I bought this thinking it would most probably be another cheap and nasty bit of kit.

I couldn't have been more wrong, a well made wrought iron and welded structure at the top, and the feeders were worth spending the few extra squid to get. No plastic tops & bottoms, they are real quality cast metal items, plus the main pole is thicker than most others around this price, so very little wobbling when a tiny bird flies off.

It took about half an hour to assemble and get it up and running, and it looks absolutely great in our small garden, a real feature. I would suggest using a piece of softwood between the hammer and spike as you are putting it in, as the spike needs to go a fair way into the ground, and if you are thump crazy, and deform the spike pole around the top, the other bits won't fit onto it. Make sure you read the destructions otherwise you will find yourself taking it apart again as you have bits left over.

Just to reiterate, a real nice quality item, that for the price, can't be beaten.

Just one question, do Amazon sell the wild birds as well?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 5 Jan 2011
I purchased this just under a year ago. As I have 3 cats of my own, and my neighbourhood is a hot spot for other peoples cats I was looking for a bird feeder that would attract birds without risking them becoming a take-away lunch for all the local felines. I was a bit dubious about the stability of this bird station, but I took the risk and bought it anyway. The kit is easy to assemble and the feeders are good quality. When first errected and embedded in the ground, the set up seems a bit wobbly, but once the feeders are filled with food stuff, the weight of these makes the station seem much more stable. Mine has been out in the front garden for almost a year, it has been battered by heavy winds, rain and snow, despite this it is still standing albeit leaning slightly to one side. At the bottom of the pole there is a marker indicating how far down to embed the pole. Mine is embedded approximately 3 inches short of this which may explain why mine starts to lean a bit after high winds, even so, this bird feeder can still take the weight of 3 fat wood pigeons perched on the top at once, though it does wobble a bit when the fly from the top of the feeder to the feeder basket half way down the pole! Although my feeder has been out in the elements all winter it still isn't showing any signs of rust. In all I think this is really good value for money, and if positioned well away from fences or walls (or other potential pouncing spots), it is fairly cat proof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied, 31 July 2010
We already had an excellent two-arm Gardman feeder. It didn't hold enough varieties of food during the recent cold winter so we ordered a four-arm one through Amazon, as we trust them to choose good suppliers. The feeder arrived promptly and well-packaged from Longacre. Unfortunately the middle one of the three elements of the stand was partly bent out of shape and couldn't be connected. (Not Longacre's fault, as the feeder was inside a Gardman box and they couldn't have seen it before packing it.) I phoned Longacres. The call was answered promptly by a friendly, courteous and helpful person who immediately said that a replacement part would be sent to us. In fact they sent us replacements for all three parts of the stand. It took us a while to work out how to connect-up the feeder as the instructions are minimal and the diagram rather misleading.Then the bottom of the stand had to be hammered quite deep into the ground, (using a piece of wood to protect it). We are delighted with it though. It is well made, elegant in design and excellent value for money. It fits in well amongst our plants and attracts a host of small birds, and it is rock solid even in the strong winds we sometimes get here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent feeder for the money, 1 July 2010
Simon (Hertfordshire U.K.) - See all my reviews
I purchased this feeder before Christmas with the idea of replacing a more basic Gardman feeding station. After the easy construction it had replaced the old one. The instructions are very basic but easy to follow, the parts were well constructed and went together very easily. With this feeder you do get the feeders supplied which are basic but the do save you having to purchase feeders if you are just starting out, however I already had some very good feeders by The Nuttery, so the supplied ones are now kept as spares.
Overall this feeder is great value for money and went though the bad winter well with no problems and gave the birds an easier time finding food. One suggestion though if you live in an area with sqirrels and that is to also purchase the Gardman squirrel baffle as it stops them 'nicking' all the bird food!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 27 Dec 2010
Quite simply, does the job. Before, rare sight of birds flitting across the garden. Now, the feeding station is simply packed - tits, finches, nuthatch, blackbirds below. Even had a woodpecker on it. And, of course, a squirrel. Seems robust, was simple to erect and obviously satisfies its main customers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gardman Large Superior Bird Feeder, 28 Sep 2010
The feeder is excellent value for money and mucxh better value than than the more basic models .It was bought for some elderly relatives who love watching the birds in their garden. The feeder pole ,and the variety of feeders supplied,has brought the birds closer to their window and, in conjunction with the patio base (essential for hard standing areas), is now at a height that they can view the activity.It also keeps the feeding birds out of reach of the carnivorous cat that preys on the birds in their garden.

3.0 out of 5 stars extra thought, 16 Jan 2011
this product is well made and very good quality as many other people have said, although I do think that there is a problem with the design of the feeders
the seed falls through the dispenser by gravity to a tray at the bottom of the feeder. when it rains this all gets wet and recently when it snowed, you could not see the seed at all. this is the time when the birds would want the food the most.before buying this product, I had some feeders that I bought for a pound or two from Wilkinsons. the plastic feeders had holes at various places on the tube where the birds could get at the food, but sheltered from snow and rain, great product but a better design required.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 24 Jun 2011
Great Value feeding station with all the extras. never seen so many birds in our garden. Robust & easy to assemble. 10/10