5.0 out of 5 stars Stops habitual suicidal thoughts
I started taking this product for its pure DHA about a year ago, after reading 'Brain-Building Nutrition by Schmidt and learning that most people are deficient in this vital nutrient, and that the central core structure of our brain is made up of DHA.

Published 10 months ago by Eco Chica

3.0 out of 5 stars good product but I did not find much difference from ...
good product but I did not find much difference from using ordinary cod liver oil. Expensive to buy so will stick with the ordinary cod liver oil in future.
Published 2 months ago by colette

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Stops habitual suicidal thoughts, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Green Pasture - Fermented Cod Liver Oil - 120 Capsules (Personal Care)

The first thing I noticed was that it cured my dry eye syndrome, which I'd had for about 5 years and was often so bad, it prevented me from driving. I think it took about a week for me to notice that improvement.

The next thing it did was to quell symptoms of mild OCD, which were particularly bad during episodes of anxiety. This benefit was also noticed by my husband, who had moderate OCD at times. Basically we both stopped 'checking' things after taking two of these pills a day.

The most important thing this substance has done for me however, is difficult to talk about, but on reflection perhaps ought to be brought out in the open. It stopped me thinking about killing myself.

Habitual suicidal thoughts had plagued me since a teenager. I think I'm a bit too realistic to have ever actually gone through with it, although I must admit I did attempt it about 3 times. The really funny thing was that the suicidal thoughts always overlapped with the OCD cleaning thoughts, and I could never get my head round the mess that 'self-murder' would inevitably create. (That was not a joke!) I also noticed in the past that if my energy/mood was particularly low, then the suicidal thoughts would multiply. This does not happen anymore.

I have come to realise over the last year, that it doesn't matter how tired I get, or how many things are 'sent to try me', my thoughts never go down that path again. In fact, what's interesting is, that after a long year of sometimes incredible mishaps (raging jaw infections, natural floods, dying dogs and fleeing on a busy motorway from a burning car) I can now see that the habit of suicidal thoughts is not 'fuelled' in the same way anymore e.g it does not cross my mind any more, and if it ever does (because it was a pretty ingrained habit) it very quickly seems a very stupid idea, that I dismiss immediately. I was not able to dismiss it in such a way, before I took this product.

Our ability to manufacture DHA is drastically reduced after the age of 20. Human breast milk is a rich source. Low levels during infancy is linked to lower I.Q. Low levels during pregnancy is linked to increased post-natal depression.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal., 2 Oct 2013
Good price and arrived quickly. Due to the fact that this oil is fermented you avoid the problem of it repeating on you for the rest of the day. Very good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for your skin!, 24 Aug 2014
Bearing in mind I only just started using this yesterday, I absolutely love it! I originally got it for my acne after reading some good reviews, but didn't expect it to work so quickly. I've now taken three pills and my face definitely looks much better. I also went out yesterday and was surprised to see that my legs have never looked better!

I'm sure there'll be many more health benefits to come from using this too. If you're put off by the price, get it anyway, it works so much better than normal cod liver oil which I've tried before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 May 2014
Had this recommended by Weston A Price foundation, its a very good quality product.

If I take lower grade CLO I find I get indigestion and it repeats all day, which is seriously unpleasant. Fishy burps - mmmm.

I don't get any kind of adverse reaction with this product, perhaps the fermentation makes it more digestible.

Its not cheap, but the quality is there which in my view makes it worth while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best quality cod liver oil, 11 July 2013
I have been searching for high quality fish oil for awhile and from my extensive research come to Green Pastures being the best choice, as they don't heat treat the oil, but use fermentation to preserve the product. I have purchased cod liver oil and butter oil blend now, as that's even better as has vit K as well as vit D and A. Fermented cod liver oil has been traditional food for many centuries in a lot of cultures and glad we can buy it here in the UK from a reputable source

5.0 out of 5 stars I noticed after taking two capsules every morning, that ..., 11 Aug 2014
I noticed after taking two capsules every morning, that a week later my husband who suffered from a mild depression, started doing things around the house and garden again

5.0 out of 5 stars xcellent product, 25 May 2014
I was looking for something that would give me natural Omegas, but everything i tried repeated on me with an awful "fishy taste". This product does not do that and I believe I am getting a good dose of Omegas without the YUK!

5.0 out of 5 stars fermented cod liver oil, 16 April 2013
Dad "Just a DAD" (Bristol) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
After researching cod liver oil and reading about 'sick' farmed fish, and oxidised fats from harsh processing I discovered this fermented cod liver oil.

Not only is this oil processed in a natural way, which makes it highly bioavailable to the body, but the vitamins A & D (and other unique minerals and metabolites) are the natural forms already found in the oil.

This is unlike 'normal' cod liver oil where synthetic vitamins that are added afterwards, as the natural ones are destroyed by processing.

The caps themselves have a slight taste of bees wax! simply because the caps are made of the stuff, it's not a bad taste but worth mentioning so it's not a surprise to anyone.

I have used these for 30 days now and glad ai swapped from th eother store brands.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cod liver Oil, 23 Jan 2014
I have been very happy with the product. Since my son started taking it his eczema has improved. He will continue to take it for a couple of months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amaizing cod liver oil, 18 July 2014
This cod liver oil is an amaizing product, I can really feel the benefits of it already.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›