5.0 out of 5 stars Opens up a new dimension to your bike rides
I don't know why I didn't think about getting one of these before. I was shopping for a decent bike computer to put onto my mountain bike when I realised that my iPhone has a number of Apps that could do the same job, and then some. While this may seem quite an expensive phone bracket it's no more than I was looking at spending on a stand alone computer.

What...
Published on 27 Sep 2010 by Craig Laws

1.0 out of 5 stars 2nd Ride = Smashed iPhone!
Published on 25 Mar 2011 by Mark Williams

1.0 out of 5 stars 2nd Ride = Smashed iPhone!, 25 Mar 2011
Mark Williams (Royal Leamington Spa , England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amzer Bicycle Handlebar Mount for iPhone 1G and 3G/3GS - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I purchased this item based on the glowing 4/5 star reviews. It seemed that compared to other similar products, this one secured the iPhone tightly onto the bike. However, on my 2nd ride out the cradle flies off the bike and my iPhone bounces down the road. Also in my panic I fall off my bike causing injury to my hand. Thanks to this poorly made device my new shiny iPhone now has a smashed screen and scratches all over it. To say the least, I am not impressed.

Maybe it is my naivety that I went ahead and used the iPhone for this sort of activity, but it has taught me one heck of a lesson.

When I received the item I attached the bracket to my bike and although it looked rather ugly it certainly was sturdy. I then popped my iPhone in the cradle, again all nice a snug...so far so good. Then I slid the cradle onto the bracket. Instantly I was a bit concerned at the ease the cradle came out of the bracket as it didn't click into place as I would expect. However, as it needed a push to come out I (again naively) decided to gave it a chance.

At the end of my first short ride (1.5 miles) I was a bit worried about it, so the next day cycling to work took some glue with me so I could secure the cradle to the bracket. Oooops to late. Half way on my 1.5 mile ride to work it pops out of the cradle going over a bump and bounces down the road. Luckily it was a quiet road, but this didn't stop my iPhone becoming no more than an expensive brick.

Whether mine was faulty or there is an obvious design flaw in the product, I cannot recommend this device to anybody. If you do still decided to buy it, I would suggest super gluing the cradle to the bracket at the first chance you get.

A very unhappy customer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amzer Iphone Mount, 27 Mar 2011
Bracket came away from mount on second ride!

Was on a fairly smooth main road at the time and watched my iphone bouncing down the road.

Very poor product!Amzer Bicycle Handlebar Mount for iPhone / iPhone 3G / iPhone 3G S

5.0 out of 5 stars Opens up a new dimension to your bike rides, 27 Sep 2010

What I've got now is a very sturdy and easy to fit phone holder which allows me to bat along the roads and trails with my iPhone in front of me displaying either my satnav (nDrive) for those longer more adventurous rides or Runkeeper which keeps track of my speed, distance, pace, calories etc and then exports it to a Google Earth map for a visual record of my ride. It adds a new dimension to our bike rides, plus there's something bizarrely satisfying about a hands free call on a push bike.

One thing to consider though when buying any of these cradles is that you'll need to remove any cases that your phone has on them. It's a small point but the fitting is quite snug, obviously to stop your expensive toy popping out and bouncing under the wheels of a passing motorist. Fitting of the cradle takes 2-3 minutes and the angle can be adjusted easily to suit, plus naturally it has the ability to view the phone in portrait or landscape.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 3 July 2010
Mark Kennedy (Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent item, not quite as pictured but does the job and works really well, have it fitted to a mountain bike and it's pretty solid when riding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Dec 2012
This holder worked great, my phone never came loose even once, vibration never moved the holder either. The only trouble is I have changed my phone and it doesn't work on iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 5 Nov 2010
A Jenkins (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This is an amazing product!

I have it attached to my bike all the time. It was quick and simple to attach it to my bike and it's never fallen off on me. I found it easy to use my phone when riding and even used my video camera to record when riding. Simple and a great attachment for your bike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Iphone Bike Holder, 19 Oct 2010
Build by Amzer but is Amazing. Took 5 mins to fix to bike, and then 2.5 hours to run the battery flat on my iphone. Get yourself a small plastic sandwich bag and place over the top to make it waterproof and away you go. GREAT peice of kit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dave from Pinner, 1 Sep 2010
Does what it say's on the tin, only problem when bike was attached to bike rack, phone holder flew off, so now have to purchase a new one!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 28 Aug 2010
Mr. Graham A. Harker (UK) - See all my reviews
Great. Use it with my iphone on my bike having downloaded the GPS Motion X App. Lets you know your track speed distance and time. Only danger is if you spend too much time looking at it you can run into the back of a bus so wear a helmet! Make sure you put the phone in the right way up Oops! Cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars iPhone Holder, 25 April 2010
A Kid's Review
This is a very solid and very useful addition for my iPhone, o have had no problems with this and have done many miles over different terrain.