4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it
Published on 6 Dec 2010 by lou-kate

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Album I have ever bought
When I first glanced through the tracks on this album it seemed okay. It had a few songs on it that you rarely get on other Christmas compilations so I went for it (I was in a bit of a hurry unfortunately!!)

Published on 21 Dec 2009 by Martin Bond

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Album I have ever bought, 21 Dec 2009
Martin Bond - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Hits - Christmas (Audio CD)

When it arrived (quickly) I put it on and was immediately disappointed by the songs on the first CD. I played the 2nd which was worse, the 3rd was the best of the 5, and the 4th was absolutely ridiculous.
Songs like Club Tropicana, Walk This Way, Rhythym Is A Dancer, Deeply Dippy (I must have been to buy this rubbish) and Tragedy (No comment)do not inspire any christmasy feel in any way.
After chucking cd4 straight into the bin I put in cd5, the disc with most of the decent tracks on only to discover it was a DVD!!! It got worse, it was a KARAOKE DVD.

This was the point where I chucked the whole lot into the bin and logged in to write this review. I have never written a review before but felt so angry about how cr*p this album is I wanted to make sure nobody else wasted their money on it.

Summing up, there are many many Christmas compilations out there to buy. If you manage to buy one worse than this, then I would be amazed. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND STEER WELL CLEAR!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rather a pile of rubbish, this..., 17 Dec 2010
David Pearlman "sound fanatic" (Arlington, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Hits - Christmas (Audio CD)
I love Christmas music, and I own shelves of it. I am a sucker for new compilations that features one or two Christmas songs I don't already own plus the usual odd sox assortment of the hits.

But this, THIS, is ridiculous. I mean, sure, it's 100 songs for a few quid. How bad could it be, right? Well, I'll tell you: QUITE bad. There are probably a couple of CDs full of OK Christmas tunes that you already have, or that you're heard a few dozen times on the radio this season. The rest is straight out rubbish, with either bad covers of songs done definitively by others, or else songs that have absolutely no connection to Christmas.

Rick Astley: Never Gonna Give You Up? I'll bet the guy who put this together had a good laugh when he put that one on. And that's just the start of it. Most clearly they didn't have enough Christmas songs to pad out the requisite 100, so they've larded it down with pure dross whose only connection to Christmas is the ringing of coin in the record company's coffers.

Do yourself a favor and pass on this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading!, 15 Dec 2010
S. Lynch "niloinss" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Hits - Christmas (Audio CD)
I was delighted when I saw the more modern Christmas songs like Fairytale of New York, and Driving home for Christmas - but what a dissappointment! When it arrived, I opened it up, immediately went to "Disc 5" and when I looked, it was a DVD. Disc 5 is actually a sing along DVD. So I now have another Christmas album with all the old favorites - exactly what I didn't want! Years ago, there was an album called "The Best Christmas Album in the World....Ever" - it was released in 1997, so if this could be updated, it would be the one to get.

3.0 out of 5 stars Money for old rope?, 6 Dec 2009
Dosher (Newbury, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Hits - Christmas (Audio CD)
It looks like a pretty good album except that I bet most of us already have 80% of these already somewhere in our collections. The good side is that they're all on 1 collection but the downside is that they had trouble finding the last few Christmas songs, well the whole of CD 4. Since when was Rick Astley's "Never gonna give you up" a Christmas song? Some of the artists and or songs I've never even heard of!!

Not really worth the money. I suggest you do a search on all the Christmassy words that come to mind on all your ripped music and I'm sure you'll come up with much the same, if not a better selection. Those that you're missing, download for your perfect Christmas mix.

Anyway, Santa Baby just isn't Christmas unless sung by Earth Kitt...

Merry Christmas...

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!, 16 Dec 2009
This review is from: 100 Hits - Christmas (Audio CD)
The Christmas hits are a bit thin on the ground and the tracks jump from modern to classic; pop to carol....worst albums I ever bought!

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, 6 Dec 2010
This review is from: 100 Hits - Christmas (Audio CD)
I thought this was a good Christmas combination, some real classics and fab singers - the Elle Fitzgerald version of Santa got stuck up my chimney is fantastic, very cheery. The other reviews are accurate, there is one disc that is barely Christmas tunes at all, perhaps they were out around that time of year or something, so be aware you are paying for three discs of Christmas songs, not four! A good easy listener for in the background on Chrimbo day, or to sing along with at the drunken end of a Christmas party.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 15 Feb 2014
Mrs. Diane E. Wright "diane_w_2000" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Hits - Christmas (Audio CD)
This album is the best one that is on the market at the time of me buying it!!! I'd recommend to all ages.

2.0 out of 5 stars I gave it to the charity shop., 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: 100 Hits - Christmas (Audio CD)
Not good and full of really old rubbish on one disc. Another had nothing to do with Christmas. I would not advise purchase and dumped it as was cheap and not worth post to return.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for Christmas, 18 Dec 2013
Steven Tunstall (North East, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Hits - Christmas (Audio CD)
I haven't personally bought this album, though it is being played where I work. I figure after coming across the bad reviews that I'll have my say. The first 3 CD's are clearly the Christmas music, not my personal choice of music because I don't really like most Christmas music, but it clearly is Christmas music. Then we come to CD 4, not at all Christmas like, but for a lot of people out there, New Year is part of Christmas, the kind of music played on New Years Eve. Disc 5, the DVD is obviously for anyone having a party and wanting to have some fun with Karaoke.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst christmas cd ever!, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: 100 Hits - Christmas (Audio CD)
I never had a BAD christmas cd before. Didn't know that anThing like that could exist...until I got this cd. It is cheap and you do get what you pay for. A total waste of money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

100 Hits - Christmas
100 Hits - Christmas by Various (Audio CD - 2009)