5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy
Wanted an electric meat grinder for a long while but couldn't make our minds up. Decided to read the reviews for these products via Amazon. Great reviews on this machine prompted us to go for it. Delivery was unreal, next day service great.
Published on 20 Jun 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish
they is a gap between the blade and the actual disc, meat gets clogged and blocks the holes as the blade does not touch the disc, usless really, this means the meat is forced through and mushes it as suppose to mincing it, i would not reccomend this as i have tried 2 machines both had the same issue
Published 17 months ago by j hackford

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 20 Jun 2011
This review is from: Kenwood MG510 Meat Grinder (Kitchen & Home)
Unpacked, washed, assembled and in went the turkey stakes (was going to be our dinner but couldn't wait) resulting mince formed the basis for some great burgers. Noisy? not really bad enough to worry us. Next some beef mince still as good. Wished we had bought it earlier. Looking forward to making sausages (should be fun).
thanks to the reviewers, you sold us on this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit, 18 April 2013
mr (augustenborg, Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood MG510 Meat Grinder (Kitchen & Home)
Delivery was ahead of schedule by UPS and was in perfect condition. I would note however that it was delivered in the display box without exterior packaging.

Whilst I have given the machine a five star rating which it deserves it has a very poor instruction leaflet. You would have thought a company like Kenwood could do better than this. My primary reason for the purchase was to produce my own sausages and the level of information on this in the instruction book is very poor. Below are some tips that I can share on its use for producing sausages.
1. First ensure you have the right tools to clean it afterwards otherwise it is a nightmare as you cant put the parts in the dishwasher. I use a bottle brush, a test tube brush and a nail brush with these I can clean the whole thing in about 10 minutes. I dry the metal parts with paper towel then put them on top of the oven to ensure they are completely dry then spray with vegetable oil and store in a plastic bag.
2. Before using assemble the grinder attachment and put it in the freezer (not the motor) for an hour or two. The grinder can get hot and this discolours the meat. If it starts off very cold this does not happen.
3. Chop your meat beforehand and put it in the freezer until the temperature is just above freezing. Separate the fat and cut into very small pieces. It is very important that the fat is very cold almost freezing.
4. Grind your meat, add your seasonings then return to the freezer for half an hour so that again it is cold.(not frozen)
5. I prefer the English "banger" style sausages so I use a 32mm cassein casing from Tongmaster on Amazon, these fit the largest stuffing nozzle.
6. The small cutting screen struggles with pork. Would not recommend using it.
7. Assemble the sausage attachment and load with casing and put your ground meat into the hopper. It is useful if you can get someone to keep pushing the meat down in the hopper as I find it is a two handed job to control the stuffing process.
8. If you prefer "chipolata" style sausages I made some without using casings just lightly coating in flour as they were extruded.
9. You get some meat left in the nozzle when the screw drive is empty, I put some breadcrumbs in at the end so that the remaining meat is forced through.
10. I have found that the sausages are best left in the fridge for 24 hours before cooking or freezing as the taste from the seasonings seems to develop better.

So far I have used turkey, beef, pork and chicken all with success.
The grinder can be a little noisy when it is under a load (sounds like a vacuum cleaner), pork seems to be the worst.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent......, 31 Mar 2011
This review is from: Kenwood MG510 Meat Grinder (Kitchen & Home)
I bought my Mincer 2 weeks ago and the delivery was so fast I couldn't believe it.
As a young person who loves doing everything by myself, this is by far the best and most useful appliance I have in my Kitchen. The best thing about it is you can choose what you mince and don't have to get stuck on the normal supermarket or butchers mince that is always full of fat (since it is evident that they always mince the undesired cuts of meat.)
I am yet to make sausages because I haven't gotten round to getting casings; my husband can't wait for that ;-)

I have just read through a review that talked about Mushiness of meat. Thing is, if you buy a NEW Kenwood mincer, it will come with 3 nozzle attachments that have different sized holes for how fine you would like your meat or whatever it is you are grinding. So it depends on what you attach.

The assembling is so easy, and cleaning is a breeze. Though it can get a bit noisy which is totally normal with electric grinding, I really don't have any cons to it. I AM A HAPPY WOMAN.

5.0 out of 5 stars does exactly as it says on the box!, 4 Jan 2011
J. Fleming "JohnF" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood MG510 Meat Grinder (Kitchen & Home)
Despite reservations about the price tag, this turned out to be a superb grinder. It is worth the extra spend. Don't waste your money on cheaper models, this will not disappoint you!

UPDATE...Have been using this grinder successfully for 2 years now - no problems whatsoever. Excellent, reliable grinder.

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 18 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 19 Nov 2010
This review is from: Kenwood MG510 Meat Grinder (Kitchen & Home)
After spending days researching all the various grinders??!!
Im so glad I settled for the Kenwood it does exactly what I wanted it to do!! even tiny bones, instead of endlessly chopping my dogs raw meat up it has saved me hrs of time and soar hands very much recommend it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent grinder for anything, 19 April 2012
sodaisy (UK, Somerset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood MG510 Meat Grinder (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this grinder after reading reviews from many pet food related websites as I wanted to make a complete BARF diet for my cats and need a strong grinder to grind chicken bones.

I am very impress with this machine, it grinds chicken & rabbit bone and with ease! It didn't jam at all.

Previous reviews said the meat was too "mushy", this is because they use a smaller plates. There are 3 plates with different sizes holes, the largest one is prefect for meat, I use this to grind the bone, then change the plate with a smaller hole and put the bone (now is a mixture) through the second time to grind down into smaller pieces.

This machine is quite loud, but the grinder from the butcher is just as loud so this isn't an issue. It is easy to take apart and clean. I haven't try the sausage tube but I am sure it will be pretty good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood meat grinder, 4 Nov 2010
This review is from: Kenwood MG510 Meat Grinder (Kitchen & Home)
This sturdy machine does exaactly what I expect it to do. Easy to clean but can be noisey. As it does the job so quickly the noise is not a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mincer ever, 14 Jan 2012
This review is from: Kenwood MG510 Meat Grinder (Kitchen & Home)
I nearly didn't buy this machine because of some of the negative views. How glad I was that I ignored them.
It is incredibly easy to use, fast and efficient. A little noisy perhaps due to the heavy duty motor.
I note people saying that parts of this machine rust. Mild steel naturally rusts, didn't these people go to school? All it needs is to wipe the screens with vegetable oil and wrap them up in greaseproof paper after use, just as the instructions say.
I use this machine as a mincer only (I buy my sausages from Sainsbury's 'cos I like them). One person said that it was difficult to force the meat into the mincer, I honestly don't know why. Meat just falls into the machine, most of the time without using the stuffer.
I have used the coarse and medium screens and have found the results to be very acceptable. the mince was used for burgers and lasagna, and I know what has gone into it i.e. no rubbish.
Cleaning up is no trouble at all, 5 minutes max and that includes wiping the screens with oil and putting the machine away in a cupboard.
This is a really good buy and I can't recomend it high enough, if you want a powerful and compact mincer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Product at great price! :0), 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: Kenwood MG510 Meat Grinder (Kitchen & Home)
Having got more and more frustrated with the declining quality of mince in the last few years, I've been toying with the idea of a mincer for some time. I've ummmed and ahhhed over the pros and cons, value for money, cost of mincer outweighing money saved etc. Well when I saw that minced steak has now hit 8:50 a kilo, I started to give much more thought to the idea, considering the shops can still put any old tat in theirs within certain guidelines
After much googling and window shopping, checking prices all over and STILL not being able to make a decision, this machine (one of my shortlisted) came up on a lightning deal for 59.99 (it's still 99.99 in the likes of currys)....Choice made!!
What a beauty!
Firstly...usual speedy Amazon delivery although I was slightly concerned by lack of packaging and tape on display box saying "repackaged by yodel" 0_0 Worries were unfounded though as the machine was absolutely pristine with no evidence of having been returned after someone else's trial run!
It is quite a large machine to store if kept in the box but size of machine is a small food processor or a smoothie maker. It has a 1600w motor and it's noisy, make no mistake, a high pitched whistle can start to grind after a bit (if you'll excuse the pun!) although , to be honest, it does the job so quickly that unless you're mincing enough to feed a rugby team it doesn't stay on long enough to be too much of a problem.
Now - I bought some vac packed Silverside (very little external fat but enough marbling within to give flavour and prevent dryness) from Asda for 4 a kilo to use as my first attempt. I'd read some of the reviews on here and chopped the meat into lumps of about 1 1/2 inch cubes to start with...didn't even need to use the pusher, just dropped it on in there and out it came! If you do experience clogging, there is a reverse button at the bottom on the end opposite the mincer, you just switch off and then press the reverse button and it will work in reverse for as long as you keep pressing (I gave this feature a whirl even though I didn't need to, just to make sure it worked)
I started off with the coarse disc and it was bigger than your standard mince so I swapped to the middle disc and it was perfect. Quick and easy and lovely and lean.
There was very little waste contrary to some other reviews I've read, no wobbling of discs or jammimg up.

I have uploaded some pics as I think seeing for yourself would save you the days of brain ache I went through...hope they and this helps.

If I encounter any problems with further use, I will return and update.

Kenwood MG510 Meat Grinder