5.0 out of 5 stars non splash soup making
Published on 24 Jan 2011 by Caroline Wilkinson

1.0 out of 5 stars This is my second blender in three years - the ...
This is my second blender in three years - the first one simply stopped working one day after I had had it for 14 months - hadn't had much use but I did find the soup blending attachment very effective. Obviously out of guarantee at that point.

Published 29 days ago by Jacejem

5.0 out of 5 stars non splash soup making, 24 Jan 2011
Caroline Wilkinson (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood HB716 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
The Triblade makes soup making so easy. The large diameter non splash pan blender is just that, and the ingredients are whizzed up in a flash thanks to the 700 watt motor. There are 2 speeds and eject buttons to fire the blender into the sink. The smaller jug blender is great for making banana smoothies thick and frothy. The only disadvantages are minor. The blenders are a little fiddly to fit and the eject buttons need to be pressed fairly hard. Yet they are minor and the overall performance of the blenders override these very minor flaws.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely good hand blender, with useful jug, 15 Oct 2011
Seren Ade (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Kenwood HB716 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
The Kenwood Tri-blade hand blender is - ahem - a cut above other hand blenders I have used. The HB716 is a step up from the basic model, complete with 1 metal attachment - an ordinary-sized tri-blade blender - and 1 plastic attachment, a 'Big foot' blender for use in pans (there are more expensive versions from the same series, where you can have beater and chopper attachments as well), as well as a small-sized blender jug.

The blender makes quick work of everything I've thrown at it, and the pan attachment is extremely well designed - blitzing through even a stock pot full of soup in only seconds, while making hardly any mess at all.

My only down-side: blending strongly coloured dishes e.g. tomato/pepper based soups can cause some discolouration to the plastic attachment as the plastic seems to be slightly porous. So whilst the 'Big foot' is recommended for blending large pans of food without splashing I'd add the proviso that it is better to use to stainless steel foot when the food you're blending is strongly coloured.

Nonetheless, over all a very good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS Kenwood Triblade hand blender HB716, 3 July 2010
This review is from: Kenwood HB716 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
Amazing machine. I have used it for fruit ice-cream and yogurts. Drinks and also whipping a small amount of cream (with the blades!) Soups too. It is as good as a goblet blender but much easier, quicker and less washing up. It is efficient and very quick. Following another feedback I tried mash potato but it was like glue so I wouldn't reccommend it for that.
Safety wize I am very pleased with it as you can disconnect the blade end easily by pressing 2 buttons, one each side. I do this immediately after use. The blade goes straight in the dishwasher but is also easily rinsed clean under tap. The enclosed jug/ goblet has a lid which doubles as a slip resistant mat. Great design.
Extremely good value for money and very powerful motor.

4.0 out of 5 stars A powerful hand held machine, 25 Oct 2010
Mr. G. D. Little (East Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood HB716 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
I was very impressed with the power of this machine,it makes short work of soups. However was disappointed that there is no whisk or chopper attachments available.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is my second blender in three years - the ..., 21 Nov 2014
This review is from: Kenwood HB716 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)

Bought another thinking I had been unlucky ..... I have been unable to put the motor and the attachments together and was ready to put it in the bin (14 months old again) but my husband has just been investigating it and the rubber "washer/grommet" on the end of the shaft of one of the attachments was stuck inside the motor end. Have removed it and the two parts now fix together again, but for how long I wonder?

This blender is obviously flawed and I do feel a bit cheated by Kenwood who must be aware of the problems. They are not cheap either to end up as a throw away item shortly after a year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Blender. Recommended, 21 Jan 2011
O. Bastide "Ollie" (Richmond, Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood HB716 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
Kenwood deliver here one of the best value for money blender with this powerful stuff. simply equiped ( Stainless steel narrow foot,plastice big foot and a plastic jug )
Very efficient as feature 3 blades. If you like creamy soups you can change them into fancy cappucinos with this stick.
+++

4.0 out of 5 stars Wifey Loves this!, 25 Feb 2012
This review is from: Kenwood HB716 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
My Wife loves this - she bought it to puree food for our daughter during the weening process - I must admit having used it once to see what it is like - WOW impressive bit of kit - I thought there may have been a few splashes of tomato on the wall whilst making soup but no not a drop - amazing bit of kit.

3.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: Kenwood HB716 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
Had to replace my old Braun handblender and this was recommended by good housekeeping. It is an excellent blender. The clever design really does prevent splatters! Genius!
Makes quick work of just about anything. I particularly like the fact it has a big soup blender and the power boost button.
It is really powerful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying the Soups, 8 July 2013
rosie "rosie" (essex chelmsford) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood HB716 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
A very good service from Amazon, as usual. We make soup on a regular basis, especially in the winter. Up until now we have used a liquidiser. This meant loads of washing up. Now just a quick zip in the saucepan with the triblade and a rinse under the tap and all done, Great addition to my kitchen tools. Quite heavy, but even with arthritic hands I had no problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blessing, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: Kenwood HB716 Triblade Hand Blender (Kitchen & Home)
Absolutely perfect .So much handier to use instead od dragging out my old Kenwood mixer with the blender on top . I wish I bought this triblade ages ago. .

Kenwood HB716 Triblade Hand Blender