5.0 out of 5 stars Charley Boorman Sydney to Tokyo (By Any Means)
Having watched Ewan & Charley's 'Long Way Round' and 'Long Way Down'; and also Charley's 'Race to Dakar' and 'By Any Means (to Sydney)' I have to say that this latest offering from Charley is absolutely stunning compared to the aforementioned offerings.

Published on 10 Dec 2009 by S. Elson

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
This is really simple.
Long Way Round, Charley and Ewan on bikes. Brilliant
Long Way Down, Charley and Ewan on bikes with support crew. Brilliant
By Any Means, Charley and Russ on all kinds of transport. Superbly entertaining, we didn't miss Ewan or Claudio at all
This DVD? Charley with random people, no Ewan, no Russ and very brief glimpses of...
Published on 1 Oct 2011 by Mr. S. J. Rowley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Charley Boorman Sydney to Tokyo (By Any Means), 10 Dec 2009
S. Elson (Potchefstroom, South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sydney To Tokyo By Any Means [DVD] (DVD)

This time around there is less of the "ME"-factor from Charley and more of the "Hey folks, look, I'm using all the means of transport available but that's not really important, look at the countries I'm traveling through and the cultures I'm experiencing."

All in all this is a very entertaining, fascinating and informative production, making one realise that the Australia and the Pacific Rim Archipelago has more to it than it would seem at first. Also, the odd quirky or amazing means of transport pops up here and there, plus some super customizing of cars and bikes is shown.

My only gripe is that perhaps a bit more of Claudio could be featured as he appears to be a charming person with a screen personality of his own (but then it wouldn't be Charley's film, would it?)

But that aside, I will heartily recommend this production to anyone that wishes to experience a bit of the Pacific Rim area vicariously - you will not be disappointed. (I would also recommend the other items mentioned if they are not already a part of your collection - but I guess I'm preaching to the converted.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first one, 15 Dec 2009
Philip Grimes "Slack-Jocks" (Dunleer, Louth, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sydney To Tokyo By Any Means [DVD] (DVD)
I have followed Charley's adventures from Long Way Round to Sydney to Tokyo. I found this trip better than the first (Ireland to Sydney) mainly because I don't think Russ who followed Charley on his first trip had much to do with this one. Charley on this trip was more in control of were he went and what they decided to show us the viewer. Although the trip was not completely done on motor-bikes I still enjoyed it immensely, a really good way to pass an afternoon over the Christmas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sydney to Tokyo By Any Means, 26 April 2010
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sydney To Tokyo By Any Means [DVD] (DVD)
`Sydney to Tokyo By Any Means' is the continuation of Charley Boorman`s epic travel adventure and this time he travels up the pacific rim from Australia to Japan. There are six episodes, each mainly focusing on a country (Australia, Papua New Guinea, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan and Japan) and this takes in vibrant cities and remote jungles and everything in between. Charley's sense of delight and adventure is infectious and as with the first series, I enjoyed this more for Ewan McGregor being missing as Charley thrives on his own and is more entertaining. There are a vast range of vehicles utilised throughout, from quad bikes to boats, spitfires to tanks and rickshaws to motorbikes and more besides. There are bonus features including Charley's twitter diary and extra clips. Charley experiences some amazing things and we get to enjoy them with him, although I am glad it was Charley eating the turtles testicles and not me! This is an interesting and action packed adventure and well worth watching if you have enjoyed his other travel series`.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

4.0 out of 5 stars Travelling!, 10 April 2012
This review is from: Sydney To Tokyo By Any Means [DVD] (DVD)
Love travelling stories, always wanted to travel the world and see it in Ll it's glory, I love watching program's about it and reading the books, charley boor an never fails to entertain me and feed me knowledge and scenery that I may never see in real time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent travel series., 3 Oct 2010
This review is from: Sydney To Tokyo By Any Means [DVD] (DVD)
What a great series this is and a must see for anyone interseted in South East Asia particularly the Philippines which is little shown on British TV. Charley Boorman is a great presenter with a great sense of humour and at the bargain price on Amazon you get a lot of quality television for very little money. Highly recommended *****

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good DVD I would recommend it to family and friends, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sydney To Tokyo By Any Means [DVD] (DVD)
Found this very good and fascinating could not take my eyes off of the DVD for long as there wasn't a dull moment throughout the whole programs

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for your collection, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sydney To Tokyo By Any Means [DVD] (DVD)
As always a fascinating dvd, to watch over and over.I have all of the series now,a great collection to keep

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it a lot., 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sydney To Tokyo By Any Means [DVD] (DVD)
I've seen parts of it at Viasat Explorer channel and wanted the Whole DVD.
Earlier I've bought Extreme Frontier which also was great, but was the DVD a Shorter Version than the series shown at Viasat Explorer?

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: Sydney To Tokyo By Any Means [DVD] (DVD)
great films i really want to do a trip like this and these are great for ideas think these def worth a watch if you like traveling

5.0 out of 5 stars Charley Boorman DVD's, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Sydney To Tokyo By Any Means [DVD] (DVD)
This was another DVD that I bought in the collection of Charley Boorman DVD's, from the by any means collection!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Sydney To Tokyo By Any Means [DVD]
Sydney To Tokyo By Any Means [DVD] by Samuel Simon (DVD - 2009)