5.0 out of 5 stars PEACE ON EARTH - BUT NOT IN THE VICARAGE
Well, I'd never seen this - but I'm delighted to say that the gap has now been filled. For all those who think that the ultimate Christmas films are IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE and WHITE CHRISTMAS, take a look at this remarkable and uplifting tale of a country parson, and revel in the sheer quality of the writing, the directing, and the superlative performances from a five-star...
Published on 11 Aug 2010 by Green Knight

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing Scenes
The video came on time and with that there was no problem. When we watched the video we noticed two scenes had been left out which disapointed us as we know and love the film. Scene one that was missed out was the nativity scene with the children and scene two was the carol singing outside the womans house, We believe that these are an integral part of the film. Is this...
Published on 27 Dec 2009 by S. Lord

5.0 out of 5 stars Holly and the Ivy, 1 Jan 2011
S. Lord - See all my reviews
Excellent product came on time. the only problem is, and this is not the sellers fault, two bits have been chopped out of the original film 1) the Nativity play by the children, 2) The Carol singing. Otherwise every thin was fine

5.0 out of 5 stars the Holly & the Ivy, 17 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Holly & The Ivy [DVD] (DVD)
I must be honest and say I haven't watched this DVD yet because it is in PAL format and I have an North American DVD player. My brother sent this as a gift and I must get another DVD player in due course. In the meantime, the parcel arrived very timely and in good shape so no complaints. Sorry I can't say more at this time but it has nothing to do with the vendor. I know I will enjoy it when I finally get to see it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't play this terrific movie on my usa dvd player, 7 April 2011
This review is from: The Holly & The Ivy [DVD] (DVD)
We've been searching for the dvd of this wonderful movie for years. I finally found it on Amazon UK. But it can't be played here because it's from region 2 and we're in region 1, the first I've ever heard of such a thing. A big disappointment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 5 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Holly & The Ivy [DVD] (DVD)
I want to say that I enjoyed the film--but I can't, it was disappointing to say the least. I was working on the theory that 'the old films are the best'--don't be fooled, this one isn't!
It spends a long time going nowhere and then when it starts to go somewhere it's finished--Do yourself a favour and buy a different dvd!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very stagey !, 23 Feb 2010
Natalie Morgan (Addlestone, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Holly & The Ivy [DVD] (DVD)
I'm afraid I thought this was going to be better than it actually was....
Very like a stage play,if you like that kind of thing,unfortunately I don't !

1.0 out of 5 stars The Holly and the Ivy, 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Holly & The Ivy [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this to watch over Christmas, and was quite disappointed by it. It is dated and just hasn't moved with the times. Picture quality is fine and sound for the era, but it's all about nothing really and just didn't hit the spot. Would not watch this again too boring.

The Holly & The Ivy [DVD]
The Holly & The Ivy [DVD] by George More O'Ferrall (DVD - 2009)