Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Kindle Shop Fire Shop now Shop now

on 14 June 2010
Like many people, I was looking for a lead to connect my HTC Hero to my computer for data AND power (the same as the original lead that comes with the phone). After reading many reviews from different websites it became clear that a lot of people were selling standard mini USB leads at HTC leads - these leads charge but don't data connect. The proper HTC lead has a plug almost the same as a mini USB plug except rather than having a chamfer on 2 edges, the chamfer is only on one edge (when you look at the HTC plug end-on, it looks like a rectangle with the corner cut off). From the product picture above, you can't see if it is the HTC mini USB plug. I can confirm that the lead I received WAS the HTC plug and it did data and power connect.
on 20 January 2012
The cable supplied to me was a standard micro usb cable with slopes on both sides.

However, the socket on the hero has one sloping side and one straight, as does the plug supplied with the phone as standard. On first inspection the standard plug should not fit the Hero.

Even so and despite appearances, the standard micro USB plug does actually work with the Hero. This one is of good quality and at a sensible price.
on 20 January 2014
After originally receiving an incorrect item (a standard micro-usb cable that wouldn't fit my HTC Hero), I contacted the seller who requested pictures of the cable i received (I also sent pic of the charge port on my phone, just to demonstrate), and was quickly mailed out a replacement cable of the correct type.

I understand such mistakes can easily be made and appreciate the speed with which it was handled, especially just before christmas.

Having decided to breathe a bit of life back into the HTC Hero as a secondary phone it's nice to get it back up and running and the cable has had no issue keeping it charged up exactly as desired.
on 24 July 2010
This is the samecable as you get with your charger. As my charger does not leave the plug socket in my bedroom this was a must have accessory from my laptop bag. Price is unbeatable when i purchased two days ago.
on 7 February 2011
The charger neither worked when used as a usb with my computer, nor when used with the charger plug. I tried contacting the company who sold me it, but have had no reply.
on 2 May 2011
At last! After purchasing 3/4 wrong chargers, I finally found the same one I got with my HTC Hero. Thanks to all the other reviews, I decided to get this one.
on 3 November 2011
-Dispatched rather quickly.
-Came in a nice bubble wrapped envelope.
-Not damaged at all.
-Worked perfectly with my HTC Hero.
-After a few months the connection towards the insert to the phone started to fray and come loose.
-That is why I bought this product, due to the same thing happening with my previous USB cable.
-All I can say is to be careful with it, VERY careful.
-I would still recommend this, as all HTC Hero chargers are designed in the same sort of way.
-Hope this helped
on 7 February 2011
Beware other listings for an HTC Hero USB cable, once you order you get a micro-usb cable which is completely useless, this is the real thing, with the special HTC connection, so if you need a replacement, this is the one to go for!
on 9 May 2011
I should have read it better, £8 + postage and packing for a 3 quid item. The neoprene case postage was free!! I wont rush my orders next time. The product is fine, as you'd expect from a genuine article.
on 7 June 2011
After receiving a supposed genuine HTC cable that did not even fit in the phone from another vendor I was pleasantly surprised to see the little HTC tag on the cable. It does fit and does work.