5.0 out of 5 stars excellent after care too
I had my Andrew James worktop oven for three months when the bulb blew, I set myself for that difficult phone call which we have to make when we have a problem.
There was absolutely no need to worry, the nice man listened to what I said then, without further ado, told me that a new top would be in the post that very night.

It was and it's great...
Published on 18 Dec 2009 by Mr. Asa Thornborough

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Food - Flawed Design
Published on 30 May 2011 by Twirligig

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent after care too, 18 Dec 2009
Mr. Asa Thornborough (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Andrew James 12 LTR Deluxe Halogen Oven Cooker Includes 128 Page Recipe Book+ 12 Month Warranty (Kitchen & Home)

It was and it's great.

Isn't it nice when you get top class service, instead of all that send it back in the original packaging that some shops impose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Time & Energy Saver, 14 Dec 2009
I own a combination microwave oven which is great except when I want to use the microwave for the meal at the same time, which is quite often. I also own a conventional oven but this takes a long time to heat up and cooking for one it always seemed wasteful. So I decided to give a halogen oven a whirl. I tried to get the Prolectrix one as advertised by the Daily Mail as being the best. However, the only stockist appeared to Robert Dyas and these were always out of stock so decided to give this one a try. (The Factory Shop also sells them but when one lady bought seven (!) there was none left again!) Must say I have been delighted with it. For one or two people this is a real cooking boon. From chicken to frozen chips, cooking time is less and it heats up in no time to temperature. I own an energy monitor and it is true it takes less power to heat than a microwave. It is great to able to see the food cooking so clearly. It is easy to keep clean and mine came with lid stand, two pans and a handle for lifting them out. Plus the two racks of course. Definiteley worth paying the extra for these items. Everything stores in the basin when not in use which is handy. There is an extension lid which can accommodate larger meals but for me this is obsolete so resides elswhere. The only drawback is not in the product itself, and so have not marked it down because of this, but in the accompanying instruction / recipe booklet has strange spelling mistakes and contains very little real information. Recipes are poor and too few. So you need to search the Internet or try one of the newer Halogen Cookbooks. All this aside I can thoroughly recommend this cooker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 9 Dec 2009
I am extremely pleased with this product. It saves time and money. Anything I used to cook in the oven or fry, I now use this instead. It cooks chicken, fish, sausages, bacon rashers, burgers, virtually anything you can think of. Use aluminium foil on the base, held down with the low rack, to save on cleaning when you are cooking chops or anything fatty. Place foil under something liabable to stick, like breaded fish, again just to save on cleaning. It is easy with a little trial and error to work out cooking times and the best way to do things. It has no stand for the lid? Use a chopping board if your kitchen surfaces are so fragile. Personally I just put the lid straight down on the tiled top. As for the stupid comment in the Daily Mail about the ping noise it makes when cooking is done, *rolls eyes*. The one slight drawback is that the bowl is a bit bulky when washing it in the sink. However, that is a very slight price to pay for the other excellent qualities of the product. I recommend it.

Footnote: The element in the lid blew after seven months. However a replacement lid arrived the day after I 'phoned the supplier. No quibble about a replacement and a very pleasant man at the end of the 'phone. I still would purchase this oven again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit!, 1 Jun 2010
G. Bellwood (Isle of Man,) - See all my reviews
I'm a very keen cook and have a range cooker with two large ovens which I'll continue to use for entertaining. Struck me as very wasteful to turn the oven on for one item, so I looked into Halogen Multi Cookers. I initially bought an Igenix from a local retailer, but after first use I noticed flaws in the base of the glass bowl. A similar story with others in the showroom so I accepted a refund. I then opted for the Andrew James 12litre Deluxe because I'd already established that the extender ring was a great asset and the lid holder essential. There was also more space between the two shelves so one can cook, say, a roast on the top and vegetables underneath with ease on the oven trays provided. The recipe book is also essential as the Operating Instructions are not good, and I have subsquently bought the Maryanne Madden Halogen Oven Cookbook as well. Perfect roast chicken and excellent baked potatoes so far, and I look forward to experimenting with more dishes. Think one does need space to leave the cooker on the work surface rather than put it away after each use - it is quite heavy.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 5 April 2010
D. Saunders (coventry.uk) - See all my reviews
bought this to go in a camper van and its great, cooks quickly and is interesting to watch your meal cook in a gold fish bowl!
great value and easy to clean, I'm getting another to have in the house!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic product, 17 May 2010
I have arthritis and have been struggling to get things in and out of the oven. My Andrew James oven arrived 2 days ago and whoooopeee it is a godsend. No more bending and lifting. Although I have always loved cooking, but of late it had become a chore ...Now I am looking forward to the joy of cooking once more....Thankyou Andrew James.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 17 Jun 2010
i love this oven, i doubt my cooker will be used much now i have cooked in this 99% of the time since i received it and can honestly say things taste so much better and its so easy to use, clean and so easy to clean too!
i can honestly say if you buy one of these you will not go back to conventional oven! i have now encouraged my Mum to purchase one & she is so pleased as well

5.0 out of 5 stars halogen oven, 10 May 2010
Ms. Faith Davis (Coventry, England) - See all my reviews
The best kitchen appliance I have bought in a while. Easy to use and easy to clean. Makes the food tastier and gives chicken that rotisserie finish. Meals are now quick and easy. uses a third less power to run as the timing is less even if you need to preheat oven, which is usually for 5 minutes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must have in the kitchen, 7 Mar 2010
Bought this because i liked the size and time saving features. I am still getting used to cooking in this oven but so far i am impressed, its cooks really quick and even compared to my regular oven and my food looks nice and crisp. Its economical and easy to use although i did not find much usefull information in the instruction booklet. Once you get used to cooking with this oven i am sure you will not be dissapointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Food - Flawed Design, 30 May 2011
I bought this cooker in Feb 2010. It was a great little oven for around eight months and then the halogen bulb just stopped working. The supplier replaced the oven lid (where the bulb and fan are housed) without quibble. Seven or eight months on, and the cooker is broken again - everything (bulb and fan) just stopped working in the middle of my Sunday roast. (I checked the fuse and wall socket - they weren't at fault.)

I've used the oven once a day, almost every day, for re-heating; grilling; baking and once or twice a month for roasting a chicken. I can't fault the way it cooks (never had such succulent roasts!), but I think the problem is that the heating element is in the lid, and heat rises (despite the best efforts of the fan, which is also in the lid); at some point I guess the oven must just overheat to the point of no return. I'm disappointed that it hasn't lasted for a full year and for that reason, and only that reason, I won't be replacing it.