Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.49

on 4 October 2013
Sheer brilliance. In a world of manufactures pap, not pop, this 70s classic stands out a mile. It would be interesting to see what would happen to this album if it was as heavily promoted as, say, a "Z" Factor person.

As far as the music goes, let me paraphrase and say "All Killer, No Filler!"
10cc always had a self effacing nature and nowhere did that show better than on Sheet Music - the album at least two of the band claim to be their best, which I guess in many ways is fair comment and you can see where they are coming from. I never looked on the opening track as one of their stronger songs, but on closer inspection it is an extremely well crafted piece.

The Worst Band in the World has them at their impish best and gives way to a bunch of strange jungle type music that morphs into Hotel. At times the album is almost too clever for its own good and that's the only reason I rate it behind the first album. It's almost as if Sheet Music is a companion to 10CC but not as much fun - the band kind of trying to grow up without perhaps thinking about the consequences.
on 4 June 2001
SHEET MUSIC (1974) has to be regarded as one of the best albums of the 1970's, and to me instantly puts 10cc in the category , BEST band of the 1970's. From their first album (10cc)on through to 1976's "HOW DARE YOU!", the original line-up of 10cc (Godley, Creme, Gouldman, and Stewart) innovated, renovated and improved "pop" music to new standards. Once past the hit "The Wall Street Shuffle" you have an album that was at least 10 years ahead of it's time. "The Worst Band In The World", "Hotel" and "Baron Samedi" all share characteristics that wouldn't show up again until the 80's. This is a phenomenal album, and a must have, AND should get you hooked on everything else they did.
on 25 April 2013
Brilliant album from one of the most melodic and intelligent bands ever to emerge from the UK. This band and this album has everything they became known for and I can't recommend it enough.
on 2 July 2015
this is not what you imagine it is, I have played this side by side with an original copy, I have also contacted notnowmusic who produce this item, basically it is not taken from master tapes of the album, it sounds very much like it has been mastered from a cd, which defeats the object of buying it on vinyl, further evidence is the fact the album version of The Worst Band In The World has been replaced with the singe version, I did inform notnowmusic, their concern extended to if you are unhappy with it ask for a refund from where you bought it, nice touch, please don't buy this product as while it is packaged well the content is not worth the time of day, see also my review of the first album,

It goes without saying that the songs are wonderful.
66 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 May 2009
It's clever and witty. The hit 'Silly Love' stands the test of time. Great production and some terrific musicianship. I would have said this in 1973. At the time, it was a breakthrough album and now it still sounds fresh, the playing is tight and the lyrics strangely undated. If you want to hear more than just 'Greatest Hits' - this is the one for you.
on 26 January 2013
Witty lyrics, clever tunes. Kev and Lol should never have left. As I say in the title of this review I'm resting my vinyl and to some extent my cd's.
on 9 May 2014
What a classic album, great to hear these all time favourite tracks. Brilliant art work, love watching YELLOW vinyl spinning round on my high end turntable. Keep your CD's and digital down loads, nothing compares.
on 6 August 2015
Arrived on time intact. Great album with extra tracks, compliments my old original vinyl copy.
A happy purchasing experience, unlike my earlier' CD/DVD drive for laptop 'buying fiasco where I bought an item clearly described as being compatible with my laptop requirements but turned out to be not fit for purpose.
Unsure whether I can trust vendors on Amazon now, ask plenty of questions before buying !
on 8 February 2013
Finally got round to getting Sheet music on CD.
Bought the LP when it came out in the 70's, but not played it in years.
Very clever and original musicians, have enjoyed listening to some great tracks again, Clockwork Creep, Hotel and the rest plus bonus tracks.. A must for any 10cc fan..