5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, easy to use, inexpensive...but doesn't make tea., 22 July 2014
This review is from: Sony Sound Forge 10 (PC CD) (DVD-ROM)
Having toyed with several other audio editors over the years (Sonic Solutions, Pro-Tools, Audition, etc), I was always discouraged by either the price, steep learning curve, or lack of suitability as a music editor. So I was a little nervous when I bought and installed this Sony (now upgraded to V11?) - but it proved brilliantly easy to get to grips with. It will do far more things than I will ever need, but I've managed to load and edit several days of recording sessions with hardly a glance at the instruction manual. There were a few tricky edits where changing in/out fades, overlaps, etc proved a bit hit and miss - doesn't work quite as you expect (and instructions really not very useful here - web videos were more helpful) - but I got there in the end. Installation was very easy (with Windows 7 Pro), and it interfaced with the resident soundcard with no help from me. Operation at the maximum 24bit/192k quality has been rock solid and glitchless. Still have lots to learn, but I love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound Forge is a must, 8 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Sony Sound Forge 10 (PC CD) (DVD-ROM)
This is an essential piece of software when you are working with Sony Vegas Pro 12. The only slight irritation was that I purchased version 10 before realising that version 11 was coming out. I have therefore purchased an older product for the price of the latest, and so far as i know there is no way of changing that. This goes also for SpectraLayers Pro 1 which I purchased at the same time that SpetraLayers Pro 2 came out.

Sony Sound Forge 10 (PC CD)
Sony Sound Forge 10 (PC CD) by Sony Creative Software (Windows 8 / Vista / XP)