5.0 out of 5 stars Deep, Lush, Sexy.. The Essential 2009 Winter Dance Album

Published on 8 Mar 2010 by Neil McCabe

3.0 out of 5 stars A MIXED BAG FROM STEVE, 8 Mar 2010
Neil McCabe (Belfast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Subliminal Sessions Winter 2009: Steve Angello (Audio CD)
I'm a fan of Steve Angello and the "Swedish House Mafia." My fave night in Ibiza last season was the Mafia's Dark Forest Monday night at Pacha. Therefore when I say this CD is average I'm being objective as I really wanted this to be a corker. A lot of the tracks don't really go anywhere and there are too many overlong break-downs in the tracks which, I don't know if everyone agrees, but in this day and age i think sound a bit tired (verging on cheesy). I would say that the CD is worth buying - just about. A missed opportunity with this one I think. Pity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep, Lush, Sexy.. The Essential 2009 Winter Dance Album, 21 Dec 2009
Vikrambir Bagga (Gujarat, India) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Subliminal Sessions Winter 2009: Steve Angello (Audio CD)
The back side of the album cover has a formal introduction by Erick Morillo, stating 'Now that the Winters have arrived, & Ibiza is behind us, it's time to bring on some SWEDISH HEAT' which laconically summarizes the entire 150 minute epic house journey in one statement. This mix is hot. Reminds me of the darker mixes by Saeed & Palash, & Peace Division, the kind of quality mixes which have somewhat vanished and morphed into the MOS style pop-dance-vocal music culture, which is being incorporated in all house music mixes these days. If you're looking for that kind, you won't be disappointed. You'll be surprised and delighted, to find a deeper, more hard-edged sound on this album, which is the real thing. The kind of sound which creates dance floor eruptions.

I'm not confusing trance with house here. Trance as a genre, is very much alive, with artists like Above & Beyond, Activa, Armin van Buuren, Markus Schulz, Solarstone, Ferry Corsten and the likes, but house? I think only artists and DJs like Erick Morillo, Carl Cox, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso are keeping it alive. This is an essential purchase. Downright dark and dirty at times, with tracks like Thrill you, Bang the Drum, El Baile Aleman, Bitchslap on Disc 1, to Drop, La Tromba, On the Run, Do You Want it? & Meich on Disc 2. This is a strong mix & I would definitely recommend it. An Essential 2009 Winter House Album by Steve Angello.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough Sexy House, 19 Oct 2009
This review is from: Subliminal Sessions Winter 2009: Steve Angello (Audio CD)
This is one of the guys from Swedish House Mafia. You will love this album if you like a main room tough sexy house sound. The tracks are fresh but sound like some the tracks that were rocking Ibiza.
This is awesome and I highly recommend it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tech house winner!, 19 Oct 2009
This review is from: Subliminal Sessions Winter 2009: Steve Angello (Audio CD)
Some top top tunes on this baby. Was delivered next day too!

Love it!

Definitely recommended....

5.0 out of 5 stars Diiiirrrtttyyy tech-house, 22 Dec 2009
Andrew Oattes "Goldie" (Glasgow, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Subliminal Sessions Winter 2009: Steve Angello (Audio CD)
If you like your mixes to have a little depth and grind, then this one is for you. Angello mixes his way through deep-tech like a man on a mission. The production and mixing is superb and there are times that the acute timing of the mix will bring a smile to your face. If I heard this live, I would lose a stone dancing!

Class.

Subliminal Sessions Winter 2009: Steve Angello
Subliminal Sessions Winter 2009: Steve Angello by Steve Angello (Audio CD - 2009)