5.0 out of 5 stars smart and cosy shrug
Published on 30 April 2010 by vocalist

2.0 out of 5 stars Unwanted mirror bits
What I hadn't realised until this arrived (it isn't apparent from any of the photos to date) is that they hadn't stopped with the beadwork - those glints of light hitting glossy beading in the photos? They're not reflections off beads, they're reflections off some children's oversized silver glitter accident glued among the bead pattern.

This is a huge shame...
Published on 20 May 2011 by a_llusive

5.0 out of 5 stars smart and cosy shrug, 30 April 2010
I purchased 3 shrugs in different colours to match / liven up some outfits and am very pleased with my purchases. They look great over practically anything! Light to wear but warm enough to keep the chill out on a cool evening. The tailored look and decoration make them a very smart but casual option to evening wear but not so overdone that you couldn't wear them over daywear for a meeting or lunch date.

They look stiff in the product photos but are in fact, soft to wear. One minor point is that the beading is more like glitter than beads, and has been stuck on with glue rather than sewn in to the fabric so although the instructions state that the shrug is machine washable, it may be better to hand wash to minimise the loss of decoration from being rubbed off by other items in the machine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Leona Bolero, 24 Oct 2010
This review is from: EyeCatchKnitwear - Leona Bolero Plain Knit Beaded Shrug (Apparel)
I ordered the M/L on the advice of another review saying they come up small and it turned out to be too big for me, I am a size 10-12 so I have now exchanged it for the smaller size. The beads are nice, they are stuck on and as said before would need to be hand washed otherwise they will come off. The material is relatively thin and needs to be ironed before its worn.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unwanted mirror bits, 20 May 2011

This is a huge shame because the pattern of the (glued rather than sewn-on) tiny black beadwork is quite attractive and the cotton top itself fine. Even if had been a sprinkling of chrome-silver beads I might have found it wearable - I don't object to shiny decorations in general, though I do like due warning. As it is, the flat glitter they chose makes it look really cheap, especially as its already started falling off to show the glue beneath, and a less flexible wardrobe fit - I can't wear it in our the office as intended.

I wasn't expecting this to be long-wearing and had no trouble with the size, but I just hadn't expected what other reviewers described as 'sequins' to be such a bad and glaring contrast with the rest of the beads.

As I've got some good beads and fabric paint somewhere I'm trying to see if I can find the time to disguise the visible glue where the glitter has come off. It seems likely that this was just a bad call on how to hide excess glue from attaching the black beads. If the beaded design didn't have gaps in the lines that wouldn't have been better.

I'd happily get their plainer tops if they're the same but without the disappointingly overdone underthought flourish.

3.0 out of 5 stars Small fitting, 29 Jan 2011
M. Kinsman (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
Nice quality product and pretty design. However fitting is very, very small, hence 3 stars. I am a size 10/12 and this is very snug and rides up under arms. No labels inside product to check on sizing so you do no know if you are getting the right size.

2.0 out of 5 stars Prettier in the picture than in reality !, 24 Feb 2011
I bought one each of these in red, white and black. They are of quite a thin fabric and the sewing is poor. The fit of each of these (all the same size!) was different with two of them bulging badly under the arms. The beading is more of a stuck on embellisment rather than beads. This means they fall off and make quite a mess. I have decided to return two of them and am only keeping the black. Being in a darker fabric it appears more robust than the other two but I dont expect it to be very long wearing. A great pity because they really are very pretty and feminine.
On the positive side, the seller was extremely quick to dispatch the items and they arrive reasonably well packed in record time. I can only hope that the issue of the return and refund are handled with the same professionalism.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hugely disappointed with the sizing of this item ...., 3 May 2011
I ordered the size L, after reading other reviews of this item and could not believe how small it was. The quality of the item was not as good as I had hoped for either. There is no way the size is appropriate for 12/14 and seems more like a size 8! It was extremely tight and unflattering and the material was a lot thinner than I imagined it would be. I am now totally confused as to the sizing of this garment and will be returning and not ordering another one. I would hesitate to order anything else from this seller due to the disappointment with this my first order.
What a shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leona beaded shrug, 26 April 2010
Sue (manchester) - See all my reviews
Nice light material, good fit and the beaded sequins along the edge give it that extra party sparkle! Good price too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wardrobe Essential, 19 Jan 2012
B. Quittenton (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a great little bolero. It covers a little more than some of them which I appriciate and the long sleeves are ideal for my outfits. The beaded detail is beautiful and it is a decent fabric. Not too thin but not so thick as to make it a winter only item. I will be purchasing more colours!

1.0 out of 5 stars very poor quality., 19 July 2011
The stitching on the seams not finished properly. The garment had holes on the seams and they still sent it me. It looks nothing like what you see on the picture. The price should have had alarm bells ringing...but i fell for it. I'll never buy anything from them again.

4.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 15 Mar 2011
the top itself was bought for a wedding,but the colour doesnt quite match the outfit yet because i love the design have kept it anyway...one flaw that comes with any top like this is the beads fall off as soon as you take it out the pack and can imagine washing it will be a nightmare.