Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 4 March 2012
Brilliant start via 'Girls & Boys' with arpeggio guitar tripping over thunderous bass & drums plus a cool vocal interaction between Billy & Charlotte. Much like their first album the track I like least is the 2nd up which here is 'Kalifornia' a Foo fighters type punk offering but it's OK. The sprightly 'Alright' is probably the most commercial & is a strident positive piece. 'Shake Shake' another one to pogo to is followed via the pretty & reflective 'Move To Newlyn'. Title track 'All Or Nothing' keeps the action going falling into the twin worlds of gentleness & aggression. Both 'I Won't Let You Down' ("I won't tear your heart out") & 'Turnaround' are excellent numbers & are amongst the standout tracks here, the responses between Billy & Charlotte are brilliant along with the energy plus their grasp of melody & words "you gotta live a dangerous life I love it when you're mad". 'Obsession' is another fine piece, then the beautiful tender 'Strawberry Blonde' "tell me you sing a song for my lonely soul", 'Always Tomorrow' maintaining the enthusiasm & beauty, and with a pretty ending in 'Lostboy', as Billy with heartfelt emotion describes his split from Charlotte (but it's something we all can surely relate to in one way or another). Personally think this is as good as their debut album with neat clean uncluttered honest sounds & intentions.
on 2 July 2008
So much for second album syndorme.
It races out of the blocks, with the pounding Girls And Boys, and impressively keeps the pace up for the best part of the album. Single worthy Shake! Shake! is a fantastic track.
And songs like Move To Newyln and All Or Nothing allow you to temporarily catch your breath before the stomping Turnaround.
The album is littered with huge festival sized tunes, and wonderful acoustic numbers.

The Subways have managed to improve every aspect of their debut album. The lyrics are stronger, the music is tighter and it proves almost impossibe to pick out a favourite track.
on 5 September 2008
It seems like The Subways are trying to appeal to a wider audience with this album as it has a slightly softer, more commercial sound. It gets off to a brilliant start with "Girls and Boys" which has to be one of their best tracks but after that I find myself yearning for the more raucus sound of the first album. Good but not great.
on 6 July 2008
The Subways have come on top form yet again. Its the kind of album you listen to over and over for days on end. With rock tracks such as Girls and Boys, Shake! Shake! and Obsession to softer tunes like Move To Newlyn and my personal favourite Lost Boy you will no doubt love this album. Lets hope The Subways stick aournd for a long time.
on 29 July 2011
Saw The Subways at Leeds a couple of years ago and thought they were fantastic live. Bought the album and it's ok - I'll definitely go and see them live again if given the chance but can't help but be slightly disappointed that the music seems a bit empty on a disc...
on 13 January 2011
I absolutely love Young for Eternity, but something about the album (probably the raw youthful energy) made me think they wouldn't be able to match it for their second album.

Sadly I turned out to be right. The album is still fairly lively, but they've lost some rawness and although I couldn't really put my finger on why, nothing on this album really grabs me.

It's a real shame.
on 3 March 2009
I got this record on a whim one day off amazon, having heard 'All or nothing' on the radio. I was surprised by how great the album is - nearly every song is an instant classic. It is both a light, summery record, but it has fantastically darker patches which makes it even more interesting.
on 3 December 2013
this album is a great high tempo indie rock album, perfect for a gym workout for those not inclided to dance music
on 18 October 2013
I love the subways, so had to buy this amazing album. Really enjoy listening to it over and over again.
on 16 January 2013
This was a present for my Grandson and one of the CD's that he wanted so thank you very much