Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 19 June 2000
"Trouble Is" makes a nice change in the world of both rock and blues. The tracks vary from good to bad, but the guitarist is always on fine form. "Blue On Black" and "I Found Love..." are exceptional tracks and display KWS's ability to play guitar. The title track only furthers this comment. There are slight problems which are inevitable. (The Jimi Hendrix cover sounds a little too much like Hendrix's original, especially vocal-wise.)
Overall, the album is very good with some much-needed uniqueness. A triumph to KWS who certainly knows how to rock.
on 24 February 2013
From the opening song to the last you cant fault this album,if you like rock/blues look no further I only found Kenny Wayne Shepherd last year{2012} while brousing through on amazon and this is the 3rd album Ive bought so far,the quality of songs is amazing,and such a young guy,just a teenager back in the 90s when this album came about.Would be nice if he crossed the water and paid us a visit,would love to see a live show,blue on black --what a song and so many on here you will get to know on this one of my favourite albums in my collection.
on 28 May 2011
Ever since listening to this album I've become a KWS addict, listening to everything I can of his. I didn't think anyone could match up to Joe Bonamassa, but get hold of this album and see what you think. Can anyone tell me if the Special Edition of "Live! In Chicago" is available on CD in the UK? Constant searches just bring up the mp3 downloads.
on 16 January 2000
This great album fuses the best of rock and blues. Noah Hunt's deep growling vocals are the perfect compliment to Kenny Wayne Shepherd's Clapton/Hendrix like guitar playing. The song Blue on Black alone is worth the album price - but the whole album is great. There are no "album filler" tracks here.
on 24 September 2012
Bought this CD second hand from the US and it is real bargain.

I really like the combination of Noah Hunt's rich vocals with KWS's excellant guitar work.

Particular favourites of mine are Blue on Black, Everything is Broken, Somehow, Somewhere, Someday, I Found Love etc & King's Highway but there are no weak tracks here and it is a very good album.

I regularly listen to the album and a great precursor to "How I Go"
on 1 May 2016
There are some fabulous blues tracks on this album, but True Lies for me is the clear standout. It's one of those albums that needs something extra, as it gets a bit samey samey after a while. Well worth a listen though.
on 3 March 2016
Yet another superb offering from the new Prince of the blues ( Walter Trout being the King).
on 19 June 2015
bought this because i saw him at SBE, great product, delivered on time, and value for money
on 18 February 2008
Since we jammed at the NAMM '97 show Kenny has really developed. At the time he was just a cool kid with some deep southern blues vibe. We met Al and Jamie Hendrix at the launch of the Hendrix tribute Fenders and had a jam during which some TV station interviewed Kenny. I think he was more interested in playing the guitar with me but he interviewed well. Well I was very pleased to see not only had he married Mel Gibson's daughter (babe) ( I married an insurance moguls daughter ) but his guitar has Really come on Hard and Strong check out this album. Nice one Kenny.

Now! You go and buy this album. He can play alright!

WiLF
engine room of the apocalypse
on 7 May 2016
Good album nice to hear some early material and how his playing as improved.