Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 6 August 2012
I used to have moth balls. However the problem with moth balls is that the they tend to disintegrate over time and leave back powder which gets into your clothes. The cedar wood products do not have this problem and do the same job
on 8 June 2014
Unfortunately if you are unlucky enough to have moths, the ONLY way to get rid of them is to locate the larvae. The only thing that really helps is to hoover absolutely everything i.e. curtains in and out and mattresses! These blocks may kill a few but does not tackle the whole problem. I used it for my clothes and put the cedar wood oil on them as well which helped kill a few.
on 6 August 2015
Ours arrived smelling pretty subtly of cedar and I wasn't sure what to make of them. We don't have a significant moth problem and we don't want one, especially with full wardrobes. I also don't like moths in rooms which, for us, is a problem sometimes because we like having the windows opened for most of the year.

If your wardrobes are very full, with things packed close together, these might not work so well since the subtle smell might not penetrate around everything you are storing, so it is important to allow the cedar aroma to circulate properly.

Also, if the hangers barely seem to smell of anything at all (as they will over the course of time) don't throw them away! Simply sanding their surfaces should release a new batch of cedar-y goodness and give them a new lease of life.

Cedar is a natural solution to a natural problem, and the scent is actually pretty pleasant to most people when it is subtle enough, so you should still like your clothes when they emerge into the light of day!
on 21 August 2015
You can definitely smell the cedar even through the bag, so that seems promising! I previously bought some cheaper ones similar to these from Lidl, but they didn't smell of anything. I can't tell you about the effectiveness of these from Hangerworld as I haven't used them yet; I bought them for the apparent moisture absorbing qualities of cedarwood (as opposed to the moth repellent abilities) to hopefully keep stored clothes fresh. As I say, they seem like the real deal and I will buy the other type they sell to put in drawers.
on 23 May 2013
Good quality product and large enough that, when the time comes for sanding them to bring out the smell again, it's quite easy.
on 5 November 2012
Seem effective so far. No more moths yet. Time will tell. Parcel came on time . Smell is nice and long lasting
on 19 May 2016
use these in wardrobes to protect groups of items from moths, ie t-shirts, polo's and shirts. Also have in cupboard for coats.
needed a rub with sandpaper to recharge the cedar aroma after a couple of years in use.
on 6 March 2016
What seemed like an attractive way to repel moths from our wardrobes has in the end been a bit of disappointment. It looks good but sadly the smell disappears very quickly so I assume it's effectiveness is also reduced. Won't buy it again
on 13 October 2015
The hook fell off one hanger as I opened the packet - not a good start. Packaging doesn't mention being moth-repellent, and the hangers hardly have any fragrance. I expected them to smell woody or like mothballs. I have mixed feelings ...
on 9 June 2013
Prompt service and well packaged. Can't complain as does the job perfectly, recommended to all. Remember to buy the cedar oil to freshen then up every three months or so.