5.0 out of 5 stars Bebel is BACK ! Great mood lifting album
Published on 9 Dec 2009 by P. Bokhorst

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit dissapointing
Having waited a while for this album to be released I must say that I am dissapointed. I liked her 2004 'Bebel Gilberto' album and was expecting a more musically mature sound.

Published on 23 Mar 2010 by Gnigel

5.0 out of 5 stars Bebel is BACK ! Great mood lifting album, 9 Dec 2009
This review is from: All In One (Audio CD)
Her last album ' momento' was a disappointment for me personally, but I had a sigh of relief when I first listened to her new album. It is so much better and this is a wonderful relaxing album with some great up tempo songs as well. The piano is back again sometimes, and so are the lazy beach type songs. So it comes more into the direction of her second album - great variation of songs and an overall feel good album you can play at dinner parties or just relaxing after a hard day's work, it will bring you into a different world, one of sunshine. This album is coming close to her second album and deserves a 5 star for me since I know I will be playing it again and again. Great album !

5.0 out of 5 stars All in one, 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: All In One (Audio CD)
I love Bebel's music and I love this CD. Its very mellow and relaxing to listen to, and reminds me of far off exotic places

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't go with the Product Description on this one, 11 Oct 2011
Guy reid-brown "GRB" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All In One (Audio CD)
Very odd, but my opinion of this album seems to be the polar opposite of the featured review - I cannot decide which of all these tracks I like best, but it would be a final choice between `Sun is Shining' or `The Real Thing' as bona fide chill out classics, and then there is The Secret. . .

BTW, why on earth should Bebel Gilberto plunge into an `extreme end' of anything? Professional critics of a certain hue have not got a hard day job and have not grown out of their adolescent exclusiveness and so, like the good commissars they are, they are suspicious of the concept of people just wanting to make relaxing, escapist music. Life on Terra Firma, with its appalling tragedies, frequent ghastly tedium and one hundred per cent mortality rate is `extreme end' enough as it is.

And I would definitely make a special mention of the penultimate track 'Secret (Segredo)'. Mr Critic missed out on that one, it could start a whole new genre -`Sinister Bossa'; good timing too- I think I will put this one on the Halloween Mix.

I do agree with the other contributor here who thought that `Memento' was something of a letdown, but this one is definitely back on target. I would love to see BG attempt an entire album with the feel of the three tracks I have mentioned here. But as long as the next one is sunny, sensuous etc, you know, RELAXING, I am sure that it will do just fine.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit dissapointing, 23 Mar 2010
This review is from: All In One (Audio CD)

The main problem is that when she sings in English it changes the pace of her songs and some even go out of tune! I believe its a problem she has had in previous albums. Having said that the Brazilian language songs are good and the album is worth buying just for 'bim bom' and 'chica chica boom chic'.

The whole album is growing on me, but I wish she would sing in her native language only.

A nice album for background music.

3.0 out of 5 stars why the covers, why ?, 26 Oct 2010
red-x (sw scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All In One (Audio CD)
Don't really need to add anything to the main review which I think is quite fair but I'll put my pounds worth in... The 5* reviewer must be a die-hard fan and will revel in just about anything Bebel puts out? Well, I actually think memento was overall a better outing, once you get used to the intrusive electronic blips and squeeks. With this album, I think that she has been led astray with the cover songs entirely and they seem completely out of place amongst those Bebel signature songs. Its good to explore but in doing so the album has no cohesion, no central flow or continual appeal. I find that you breathe a sigh of relief once the hot-sun-through-the-white-voile songs return. So, take the covers out and you're left with another good set. How will Bebel explore? Maybe she should take control of that ??

ARRAY(0xa136066c)

All In One
All In One by Bebel Gilberto (Audio CD - 2010)