5.0 out of 5 stars Guitar Method Video
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:00 Mins
Published on 25 May 2011 by eMedia Representative

3.0 out of 5 stars For beginners or those wanting to go beyond the very basics
If you are looking to learn the guitar and can't afford a music teacher then this is a decent place to start. I am self-taught guitarist with an ability to play very basic chords. I found this helpful from a power chords point of view and also enjoyed the 'learning to play blues' section.

The 182 lessons include:

5.0 out of 5 stars Guitar Method Video, 25 May 2011
Length:: 2:00 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with my progress, 5 Mar. 2011
This review is from: eMedia Guitar Method (PC/Mac) (Software)
I have been using the program for about six weeks and it has been the most significant reason why I am advancing quickly in my ability to play the guitar. I have also taken a few lessons with a teacher, bought another basic beginner book/DVD and found videos on the internet. Each of those, and practice, certainly has helped me get some basic skills, but this program has been the key for me.

The program jumps in pretty quickly and allows you to play along to songs within a few minutes. It starts with very basic chords and then keeps building on what you have learned and you progress. Being able to watch the computer screen and hear the music along as you play is great for getting skills in reading music and keeping a steady beat. It is easy to use and you can take anything at your own pace. I have gone back to the beginning numerous times and walked through all the songs as practice, and it is amazing how you were struggling with a song just a few days ago, and now you can knock it right out.

I would recommend it strongly. I don't think it is appropriate for young kids, but I expect anyone in their teens or older would fine this program very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well thought out guitar curriculm, 1 Feb. 2011
This review is from: eMedia Guitar Method (PC/Mac) (Software)
I'm a guitar instructor who teaches a once a week high school guitar class. I've started recommending Emedia to my students as a great at home guitar program. As an instructor, I really like the step by step approach to the lessons. The video are very helpful in demonstrating techniques between lessons. Kids that are using the program progress a lot faster than those that don't. This is a fine program either for those that want to learn on their own or that are also taking lessons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for learning the basics, 27 May 2011
This review is from: eMedia Guitar Method (PC/Mac) (Software)
This has been really helpful at getting me through the problem areas I have and now its become pretty easy. It teaches it in a way that you can grasp pretty quickly. I like having the video feature that shows you the material and allows you to play along with the "instructor". It's enabled me to go at my own fast pace as I grasp the basics of chords, strumming patterns and how they can be used in songs. I really like the blues section of the software, since that is what I most want to play. The rock section was also pretty fun and simple.

Overall, if you are just wanting to learn for your own enjoyment and not be a serious player, this can easily be your sole source of education. However, if you want to be a serious player you'll need much more than just this software. I'm using this to grasp all the basics on my own, and plan on taking lessons in the next month or so as an advanced beginner player (once I finish all the eMedia lessons). Much cheaper that way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic program for anyone tempted to play the guitar, 28 Jun. 2011
Owain (Dyserth, Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I first wanted to play the guitar, I struggled to find a program that was accessible and efficent in teaching me the know-how of everything in playing the strings. I bought a few programs that were made for guitar learning, but none of them stacked up in comparison to this. Each lesson here is detailed and easy to follow. There are a number of songs here for learning, and for a beginner, it's most definitely the most easy-to-learn collection. The interface is accessible and easy to command, and navigation is also effectively simplified.

If there's one drawback, it's that the program's content ends before you reach songs in the intermediate level. There isn't a great feeling of accomplishment for those who want a challenge, but for a beginner, I guess it isn't really all that necessary.

For a guitar novice, I'd recommend this software without hesitation. Lessons are fantastically well made and chord charts and a built in tuner all assist in creating an accessible and effective piece of guitar learning software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recomended By A Guitarist, 25 Jun. 2011
Mr. B. R. Good (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have played and occasionally taught guitar for 20 years. I have used and tested over 100 different tutorial books, CD's and videos. Some are good, some are just plain poor, then there are packages like this. Emedia Guitar Method is superb. The software is easy to use and navigate and provides a number of useful features. The tutorials have video examples and the musician providing the tutorials is easy to understand and works slowly.

The beauty of this package is that you can play along and record your efforts, listen to slower versions and bite-size chunks of theory are provided without overwhelming the student.

Does it pass the 'songs you actually want to learn' test. Yes! Unlike the many tutorial products on the market that offer such dreadfully naff standards as Amazing Grace or Jungle Bells et al - this pacakge does include some genuinely decent 'modern' songs. Songs include Bob Dylan & Rod Stewart, amongst others. This is not pacaked full of songs you want to play to impress your friends but it's got enough to make it a genuinely decent package.
A clever feature is the animated fretboard and click-able chords. If your PC has a mic attached, it can actually display on the fretboard the strings you are playing.

This is an incredibly good value guitar tutorial programme.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful software package, 24 Jun. 2011
James B. Spink "Jim" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
eMedia Guitar Method is a useful software package but does not fully replace a tutor for those starting out on the road to being a guitar hero. A few lessons with a professional will stop you picking up bad habits from the start, and make your playing a lot more enjoyable.

What this software will do, however, is help you to improve your playing at home and help you master a good range of songs. It won't play the guitar for you and you need to put in the effort yourself to get the best out of the help it offers. You need to keep the CD-ROM in your computer to run a lot of the programme - you can't just put it all on your hard drive!

It is one of the better programmes of its type and runs on the three current Windows platforms and also on Macs. eMedia have posted their own two minute video in the form of a review which demonstrates the features and is worth a watch. The Product Description gives an idea of some of the songs featured and what reviews it has had - good reports from the likes of Peter Frampton and Nancy Wilson can't be bad!

At around forty quid it offers good value, probably the cost of two or three lessons these days. It has some useful features Including automatic tuner, metronome, and 250-chord dictionary, amongst others, and I would recommend it as a learning aid - but not as a substitute for real lessons. Playing the guitar is a skill that can give you pleasure for life and this product can help - but won't give you the feedback and encouragement you may need in the early days.

Five stars for what it is at the price, and recommended for what it offers - a little book would have been a nice addition in the box but you only get the CD-ROM.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its very good!, 21 Jun. 2011
Musicfan (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had a guitar for years and I have been trying to play for years without taking lessons. I must admit, i had pretty much given up. I could pick the chords but it never sounded like anyhting recognisable! Then I obtained this software. It is remarkably easy to use with an easy to understand step by step lesson approach. There are over 100 lessons. These are by way of audio and video. One thing I really liked was the ability to slow down the track to your own speed (in my case .....slow!). Another great feature is by connecting a microphone to your computer you can check the tuning of the guitar (very helpful). The programme also enables you to play and will provide feedback on how you are doing etc. There are plenty of tunes/songs to play (not that I know some of them) but you can hear them, play them and get feedback. I am still at a very early stage but i am encouraged to keep going and after a few hours already feel I am making progress. As I am playing for my own amusement, this is far cheaper than guitar lessons! Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my son, 14 Nov. 2012
Michael Scott "www.nowillpowerrequired.co.uk" (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My son was having lessons at school but this was proving expensive and frustrating for him as he was sharing time with the other kids who weren't as strong.

I bought this trainer software to run on my laptop and he has used it extensively and absolutely loves it.

It really is from a beginner to a good standard of play and he is working through the chord examples and lessons and enjoying it immensely.

A well price product, works well on my 2 year old laptop and generally I cannot fault it and therefore this is strongly recommended !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent easy to follow lessons, 3 Oct. 2012
John M "John M" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an excellent series of easy to follow lessons which gradually build technique. The lessons are well illustrated by video demonstration and sound demonstration sections. The lessons are clear and well explained. As a beginner I've looked at a number of resources but personally have found this CD to be the clearest and easiest to follow resource. Because it is a very extensive programme I cannot give an overview of the entire resource, but so far it is 5-stars.
Just be aware that this will obviously will only run on a piece of hardware that has a CD-drive, and many portable devices don't have this facility.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

eMedia Guitar Method (PC/Mac)
eMedia Guitar Method (PC/Mac) by eMedia (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Out of stock