5.0 out of 5 stars Universal Mains Charger for Garmin nuvi 1490T
Good and necesssary product which should have been included with the 1490T. While getting accustomed to the features of the satnav the charger has been in constant use at home as the 1490T's battery lasts for a maximum of 3 hours.
Published on 24 July 2010 by B Procter

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought it, but not needed it yet!
I bought a Garmin 1490T for a New Year gift to myself; reviews for that revealed that there was no mains charger included in the package, so I ordered this as well.

Published on 22 Feb 2011 by dprees

5.0 out of 5 stars Universal Mains Charger for Garmin nuvi 1490T, 24 July 2010
This review is from: Universal Mains Charger For Garmin nuvi 1490T (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin charger, 30 Oct 2010
R. Sacks "traveller" (London UK) - See all my reviews
It is crazy to sell a sat nav, supposedly designed to be used for walking, without a mains charger (only one for the car)! so I called Garmin and they were happy to sell me a charging kit for about 25!! I declined and looked it up on Amazon. Found the same kit, which is unnecessarily elaborate, for 20 and finally the simple charger for less than a couple of quid - though the postage made it about double. It does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must, 11 May 2010
Should come with every garmin, but as it does not, it is a well recommended buy

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought it, but not needed it yet!, 22 Feb 2011

It turns out that the 1490T comes with charging cables for use in the car, and a combined data/charger USB cable, so I can easily charge up my 1490T both indoors, and in the car. Hence I've never even tested this charger.

May be a great device for you, but do consider whether you really need it -- I certainly don't.

5.0 out of 5 stars brill, 20 July 2011
L. Richardson "bof" (uk) - See all my reviews
Not only does it charge my Garmin Nuvi sat nav but also charges my MP4 player how good is that!

1.0 out of 5 stars charge or not to charge, 8 Jan 2011
Bought this along side the Garmin nuvi 1490T as a Christmas present, so imagine the disappointment when after waiting four hours for it to charge the Sat Nav wouldn't switch on. Tested the universal charger on different machine and the rate of output kept changing including providing a negitive charge!!
Cheap and not worth that money, luckily Amazon did replace the damaged sat nav and I ended up buying a Garmin charger.
Did get a refund from suppliers - less their handling charge. Lesson learnt!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
It works

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected, 3 Jan 2014
My Garmin Nuvi 1490 is not useable when connected to a standard USB charger or PC and I assumed that, as this one is advertised specifically for the Nuvi, that it would allow me to charge and program the unit at the same time. This is NOT the case and the charger is therefor no different to connecting the NUVI to your PC USB port. Money wasted for me .

4.0 out of 5 stars mains charger, 30 Dec 2013
just as it says, charger for Garmin. However as I had to return the Garmin, which was faulty and I replaced it with another make it is now no good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mains Charger, 23 Mar 2013
Gman (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
I have been considering buying a charger (for my Garmin) for some time but have never got around to it, then along came an e-mail from Amazon with this one. I found the price was the best of anybody's and decided it was too good to miss. within an hour it was attached to my Garmin and working. The results were excellent (for me) and so I was well pleased with the results and would recommend to anybody

Universal Mains Charger For Garmin nuvi 1490T