My faithful old iPod-photo doesn't get out much these days, he just sits around on top of a speaker dock, sings me to sleep at night, wakes me up in the morning. It's not much of a life for the old dog but old tricks are better than no tricks. However, recently we had a real scare and we thought we'd lost him, his screen was flickering, mind in a spin, couldn't seem to get going - just not like his old self at all.

So we tried him on this new Battery Replacement Therapy - and it's worked wonders! At first I wasn't convinced home surgery was such a great idea but this pack comes with the instruments you need, a mini spudger and a Torx screwdriver, and after checking an instructional video on the interweb I forged ahead, opened him up and performed the battery-ectomy and transplant operation in only a few tense minutes.

After some overnight mains-powered recuperation the difference was extraordinary, his face is bright and alert again, that hard-driving spirit seemed to return and best of all, his singing voice is as sweet as it ever was. Nowadays he's back on the dock and working those evening and morning shifts like someone half his age - and it's so good to have him around again.
on 17 April 2012
Excellent product, quick despatch, follow YouTube video and it's easy to fit, brought new life to my iPod so happy!
on 1 November 2010
This battery comes complete with an installation tool that helps you with fitting. Works a treat and I'm really pleased with the huge capacity - hours and hours so far!
on 17 February 2014
I took great care in correctly identifying my iPod model etc using all the references from Apple and 3rd party sources but this battery still came with different connectors and would have required skills and tools beyond me to make it fit. I have to be honest and say that I used a company that charged me £45 which included supply, fit and returning my iPod (not a recon). I feel you really need to be confident about changing these yourself. I given three stars because I'm sure the battery is fine if you you're able to fit it - anybody want to buy mine for half price?
on 25 May 2014
This was really a wonderfull purchase. My iPod had stopped functioning and it's battery had expanded and opened the case. IPod still functioned but only for about 30seconds, so ordered this replacement battery on a bank holiday Monday mid morning it arrived at nine the next morning, excellent service. Battery came with tools to remove the tiny screws and a lever to lift the circuit board/open the case. Job done by ten in the morning and full functionality returned to the iPod. If your iPod is past it's prime get one of these to bring it back to life.
on 6 August 2013
Great purchase. Easy to fit and has brought my ipod back to life.
Came in a few days as promised and all parts attached as advertised.
Good value .
on 13 December 2014
Super fast delivery and so easy to replace my old battery. Included the necessary T6 screwdriver and an opening tool! Simply excellent!!!
on 4 May 2016
I would give this 0 stars if possible!
The battery arrived quickly and was fairly easy to install, I used a video on YouTube for instruction. I charged it up and it worked great - so I was initially very pleased to have my faithful old iPod back in service.
However - after 2 weeks it's completey dead again and will not charge. I have seen some similar reviews saying the same thing - so I would avoid this and spend more money on a better battery!
on 4 April 2014
came with tools to help install which I was not expecting, my iPod was back up and running in about 15 mins.
on 3 May 2010
Great, the pack include the tool kit that included an opening plastic tool & a small Torx screwdriver. The only additional tool I used was a flat head screwdriver while removing the old battery. A small downside is no instruction page included on how to replace the battery, but this can be easily searched on the internet. I would certainly recommend this product.