on 15 March 2013
I had one of these at my previous job and now I am working for myself this was one of the first things I bought. Incredibly easy to use, does distance, areas and even volumes. Can add together as you work with it. Robust against rain and knocks, minor falls etc. Fits into back pocket when surveying. Saves of all the hassel of getting out a tape measure, especially in those dark roofs when you can't get across the joists! Such a great tool saving immense amount of time. Worth every penny.
on 22 April 2013
Used this to measure up a new house that we are buying. Very effective and MUCH faster than using a tape measure - and could use it on my own, so didn't need anyone else to hold the end of the tape. Only problem was that it was difficult to see the laser spot when using it to measure the back garden, but I found that the best approach was to start as close to the fence as I needed to be to see the laser and then walk backwards, watching the spot carefully. As long as I didn't blink, I was OK! It did impress me though, that I could get accurate measurements even from a rough garden fence.
on 14 March 2014
Accurate and easy to use but a bit of nuisance having to keep checking the screen to check mode. But this will come easier when more used to it.
My one niggle which would have given it a fifth star is no backlight. I was using it under floors and had to bring it out into daylight to read it.
Otherwise a good solid feel to it and I like it.
on 17 January 2012
Great little unit, just perfect for the type of work I picked it out for. Like it's versatility, can be mounted on a tripod or used by hand. Worth the extra few quid to step up to this unit if you are going to get lots of use from it..
I have been using a Leica Laser for about ten years and only changed when the case cracked. I was weary about using the Bosch as it is smaller and lighter and less substantial. I shouldn't have been as it is convenient to carry and does the job as well if not better than the Leica at a better price.
on 5 March 2011
Very easy to use, logical/intuitive functionality & controls. Seems very accurate & versatile. Can be used in a lot more situations than you would expect.
on 14 January 2013
Great product works really well, very accurate cuts out all the maths for woking out area and volume certainly worth the money good delivery
on 27 August 2012
From DIY projects to professional projects I always make sure I have this in my bag. Apart from being spot on accuracy wise and a pleasure to use with its simplicity, the fact that you can take a measurement within seconds on your own creates a much stronger environmental awareness. Batteries seem to last forever. After a few drops this light tool shows no marks. Dust, dirt and rain haven't had any effect. Well recommended. Only wish I'd got a laser measure sooner.
on 9 August 2013
Chose this to use to make a plan of the house and then use for work. It's compact with a very powerful laser. Simple to use and tested using a level against standard measures at varying distances. Very accurate overall. I've have a cheaper version but this beats it hands down. Yet again I find there is truth in the saying " you get what you pay for !"
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 August 2015
This is a good item as it appears complicated but is very simple to use, with just a one button function measures volume, area and distance/length.
Is very accurate to 1.5 mm, comes with battery's so work can start immediately.

Simple to carry around only weights 180 grams, fits straight into your pocket item is splash proof and dust proof (IP 54) simple to change batterys ( 4 AAA ). Uses a laser modern technology, with the dimensions 10 x 3.2 x 5.8 cm, this product would be used by professional tradesmen,or can be used by yourself at home.

Made for indoor use but can also be used outside. The DLE40 covers metric and imperial measuring with a range of 0.05 - 40 meters.
A great gift to a handyman and is money well spent.