5.0 out of 5 stars This is a real blast form the past, 7 Mar 2001
This review is from: Cherish [Us Import] (Audio CD)
This is my best CD purchase in a while. I have never stopped litening to it since it came through my letterbox. I can hardly beleive how long ago David Cassidy was the man of my dreams. I am also astounded at the amount of words of the songs I remember. If you are a 60's child, this is unmissable, and he still looks gorgeous, even with that feathercut! 'Cherish' was always one of my favorite David Cassidy songs, but now it is 'I Am A Clown' it has a meaning I never understood as a gril. To sum up, this is fab and no 40ish girl should leave home without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A teenager again!, 29 Nov 2001
This review is from: Cherish [Us Import] (Audio CD)
As soon as I began to listen to this wonderful CD I was transported back in time 30 years to when I was 14, laying on my bed, listening to my vinyl LP of "Cherish" and gazing dreamily at a giant poster of David Cassidy! All the old memories came flooding back! Even though I'm married with a grown-up son, just closing my eyes and litening to these songs again, gave me a 'pang' of those feelings I had as a teenager with a crush! One of the best purchases I've ever made! If you ever loved David Cassidy in the seventies, you'll love him all over again if you buy this CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for the memories!, 5 Dec 2000
This review is from: Cherish [Us Import] (Audio CD)
This CD certainly brings back the memories of those teenage years. I was delighted to see that a CD version of my favourite LP had been released, as unfortunately I no longer own the original. The songs have stood the test of time and sound just as good now as they did ??? years ago! A must have on the Christmas list for all David Cassidy fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars My teenage years have come back!, 29 Sep 2000
This review is from: Cherish [Us Import] (Audio CD)
Many women, shall we say of the mature nature, have long awaited this release of a vinyl favorite on CD. It will bring back memories of teenage nights spent listening to David, under bedclothes (no one had heard of duvets in those days!) and imaging he was all yours. The album was a classic of it's time, and was clearly aimed at a vunerable teenage girl audience. There was no missing the fact that, it was clearly aimed to provoke the imagination of it's audience, with it's haunting ballards and sexy innudendos. It has taken a long time for this album to be released on CD. After so long, it will be nice to listen to the album without the scrathes or jumped tracks, that many of the cherished vinyl LPs (yes, they were called LPS in )aquired through over playing. It is also nice to see the record company have kept the orginal playlist. All I can say to the forty plus age group for whom this album formed part of their developing years is enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A blast from the past, to bring back those memories, 11 Feb 2001
This review is from: Cherish [Us Import] (Audio CD)
It's nice to be able to hear all those old songs again, this time without all the scratches. This was David at his most innocence, things could only get better from here on in. Let's have more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant! Pleasant easy music., 23 Jan 2009
This review is from: Cherish (Audio CD)
The single Cherish was release in late 1971 reaching number 9 in the US Charts. David's first solo LP: Cherish followed in early 1972. It reached No.15 in the US/No.2 in UK. The LP was deleted by the late 70's.

Unlike the other compilations, the version of 'Could It Be Forever' is a different watered down take. On this Cherish album/CD it is the original (BEST) hit version. This CD also contains the complete (original) full length 'I am A Clown' (UK No.3)

Every track is brilliant and catchy. 'My First Night Alone Without You', 'Where Is The Morning' are ace. My favourite track is 'Could It Be Forever'. This was a massive hit (No.2) at the time in the UK.

Having bought the original LP many years ago it was a delight to have this on CD, when it was first issued in 2000. Subsequent release in 2008 or earlier have a fine beautifully remastered quality that sounds excellent. When I first heard this album I rated it a Number 1. It typified some of the early 70's easy listening for young people at the time. And despite some corny lyrics the recorded work and arrangements are richly well done.

The CD inlay is well informative on the period of David Cassidy recorded work at the time, and some great pictures as well as the original LP back cover.

In my view/personal taste, out of all the David Cassidy/Partridge Family albums, this is David's best ever album he has ever recorded along with his 1985 Romance CD album. Perhaps a possible reissue on CD by Sony/BMG and a 'proper' COMPLETE (including 'Romance') original hit recordings 'Greatest Hits' package

I originally wrote a review on Amazon US back in 2000. This is my UK version!

If you have not heard this album before, you won't be disappointed, don't delay obtain it. Amazon has rated 5 stars for a `top marks' I rate this CD 10!

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't beat a bit of nostalgia, 14 Jan 2008
Mrs. S. P. Goldman (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cherish [Us Import] (Audio CD)
A wonderful CD, I can't believe I waited so long to buy it. I've just been transported back in time to the days of David Cassidy mania and sitting in my bedroom listening to this album and sharing all of David's angst and heartbreak. There are some really great songs on this album and David delivers them well with his gentle easy singing voice. Who could forget the lovely 'Could it be Forever' one of his better known hits? It still sounds great. Then we have the achingly sad 'My First Night Alone Without You' and Where is the Morning' which all of us (then) teenagers thought we could relate to! My favourite however is 'I Am a Clown' which pretty much sums up how David was feeling at that time, as we found out later. Knowing this makes it all the more poignant. This is an excellent CD and I'd recommend it to anyone who is in need of a trip down memory lane. You can't beat a bit of nostalgia!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd give it a thousand stars, 30 July 2009
This review is from: Cherish (Audio CD)
What can be added to what everyone else has said? Just my simple adoration of this beautiful creature known as Cassidy.

Across the board, all of the songs on "cherish" are excellent. Short, pithy and emotionally charged. David's voice is powerful, exuberant, and oh so supple. Find a singer nowadays with that talent and versatility.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fell in love again, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Cherish (Audio CD)
What can I say ? It is a grown up David Cassidy sound and I fell in love all over again with' Cherish', 'I am a Clown' and 'Could it be forever'. This CD is a must have for fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars fan since chilhood, 25 April 2011
This review is from: Cherish (Audio CD)
what can i say, as soon as i put it on, i was back to being a 14 year old school girl, always a fan and always will be, david.

ARRAY(0xa0a4e240)