on 12 February 2011
So funny, made me laugh, cry & cringe on many occasions. Made me wish my husband was a bit more like D.J Neely. It was a pleasure to read, about to start book two now.
on 1 March 2011
I bought this book as it was free so I thought I'd give it a try and when I started reading it I fell in love with it and I intend to by the next two. This book was light hearted and had a great romance plot can't wait to read the next one :)
on 4 June 2011
I downloaded this book because it was free. In itself the story is quite funny and entertaining but my goodness is it ever close to bible bashing!!!! Initially I thought the God references were just from a quirky elderly Italian relative but then almost every page has a praise God sentiment via a variety of religious chapels......
It's a shame as the story is quite similar to Mills and Boon making it very easy to read. However, I won't be downloading any more of the Christian Romances although this one didn't say that's what it was.
A typical dislike in the free books is that they are apparently not proof read before download and the punctuation, grammar and spacing are often terrible!!!!
on 15 March 2011
I gave this a go because it was free on the kindle. I'm actually really pleased I didn't pay for it! Our protagonist is a very likeable, Texan-Italian who lives at home with a bunch of zany characters that make up her Italian family. I was actually pleasantly surprised because it's well written and the characters are very likeable. However, I have to agree with many of the other reviewers and say that I found the religious theme very overt and overpowering. I understand the writer is trying to give a 'message' but for me the religious aspect seemed forced and very much thrust at the reader. It also came across as a little judgemental and for me personally the decent plot was totally overshadowed by the preachy nature of the author's religious beliefs.
on 5 May 2011
This book doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. Light-hearted, fun, entertaining, silly, engaging with lots of likeable characters. As for the 'preachy', 'religious' message, this book is by a Christian author so don't expect anything else. Get it - you'll be pleasantly surprised!
on 5 February 2011
I must say, I didn't notice a massive amount of religion shoehorned into this, maybe I'm in the minority. OK, so there are some references to Christianity that some may find needless. I'm not a Christian by any stretch of the imagination (!), but I didn't find the religious overtones in the book particularly 'preachy', or offensive; I felt they just gave an insight into the beliefs of two families who both come from places that are quite heavily steeped in religious beliefs, and weren't aimed at trying to convert the reader.

The book itself - although the storyline does have a couple of flaws that others have pointed out - is an enjoyable if generic read, and the author does have comic timing in places. I won't be rushing to pay for the others, but for an easy going read that will make you smile, I'd recommend a download of this. It is free, after all!
on 17 February 2011
I found Fools Rush in a really quick and easy read- no thought necessary. It's a typical girly story about a girl in her late twenties desperate to find love and settle-down. The majority of the cast are either from a Texan family of Cowboys or from a big Italian family which emigrated to Texas many years ago. I don't think there's a single member of the cast who isn't a devout Christian/Catholic and there are a lot of references to God and praying and sometimes it felt a bit forced and preachy. The storyline is predictable, but it's entertaining.

This isn't Sophie Kinsella, but there are several humourous storylines and it's a perfectly reasonable girly read- especially as it's free!
on 22 October 2012
I started off really liking this novel, it had an appealing heroine and hero and a cast of engaging characters with an fun if somewhat far fetched meet cute. However, before long the religious references started appearing. I'm not religious but I have no problem with a character being religious but after a few chapters, I felt as if I was being force fed which made me put my Kindle down. As another reviewer noted, every character seems to go to church. I haven't finished the novel yet and I may as I was enjoying it apart from this. But I have to say that I don't think I will read any more of the series or recommend it to my friends.

One reviewer said that this is a Christian author so what do you expect? Well, I didn't know that the author was although it became very apparent very quickly, and there was nothing to tell you that from the description or the book cover as I didn't read the reviews on Amazon before I started as it was a free book. I do have a subscription to reviews of free books which gave this quite a good rating which is why I downloaded it but didn't mention the religious aspect.
on 4 March 2015
I have read many reviews on this book, and many criticised the book for being too heavy on religion. So I began this book fully aware that it had a religious background to it. I have to say I really enjoyed the book. I just love Bella and her wacky family, and that cowboy of hers, and his brother are so dreamy. The book can be read as a stand alone book with a happy ever after ending or as the first in a series of weddings that take place at club wed. Would read the others in the series in the future. (less)
on 18 May 2013
Thirty-something Bella Rossi is about to have her life turned topsy-turvy when her Italian turned Texan family hands over the family Wedding Planning Business to her. As a Wedding co-ordinator Bella lands her first job....to organize a Texan-themed wedding for one of her clients. The only problem is...where is she going to find a DJ who can play Texan music with a family whose taste in music is anything but eclectic; they only like and listen to Frank Sinatra.

When fate and a misunderstanding introduces her to DJ Neely, a handsome Texan from Splendora, Bella falls head over heels with him, literally. DJ Neely saves the day, and Bella. He agrees to be the Disc Jockey and introduces Bella to the rest of the Neely Family. But will DJ and his family accept Bella and her crazy Italian family? With a pizza- making uncle with ties to the mob, a crazy broom-wielding aunt, a barking-mad dog named Precious, a bad-mouthed parrot named Guido, an insanely jealous ex boyfriend, and an insane delivery of 80 cowboy boots, will Bella ever get to hear Wedding bells of her own? There's loads of 'Boot Scoot'n' fun and crazy antics to keep you turning the pages. The story is written in the first person by Bella Rossi as she gives an account of her first Texas Wedding as a Wedding Planner and her encounter with DJ Neely and his family.

There are many underlying Christian morals or themes in the book. One quote that keeps resounding in the book is: "Where there is life, there is hope." One of the themes in the book is hope...hope that, in spite of the chaos in our lives, everything will turn out just fine. Another theme is that we should surrender our fate to God....to put our relationships in God's hand and not worry about the small hiccups. Another theme within the book is embracing change, as Earline's favourite bible passage states:

2:8-13 The voice of my Beloved God! Behold, he conquers the mountains (triumphant over adversity,
obstacles), (9) he beckons me to come, leaving my fears behind (to trust His good leadership). (10) I will arise, I will come away with You. (12) The Lord is doing a new thing, the season of singing has come (the
new Songs from Throne), the harvest of the nations is at hand. I will arise (I will leave my fears behind).
~Song of Solomon 2:8-13

This is book one in the Wedding by Bella series. I loved the book! It made me laugh in places and put me in a good mood. There's lots of rooting' tooting action and adventure in this book, not to mention some good 'ole fashioned beauty secrets. Janice Thompson is a Christian Romance writer living in Spring, Texas. She started out writing screenplays. I can't wait to read the rest of the Wedding by Bella series.