Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.16

on 7 September 2009
I read this back to back after Faefever so didn't suffer too much with the cliffhanger (about 10 seconds). However Ms Moning tortures the reader by cleverly writing in all sorts of further cliffhangers and another biggy at the end, so it's going to be a long wait for the final book. The previous reviewer's comments are just right so I won't repeat those, but this book IS the one we've been waiting for, finally, for more info on Barrons and of course the long awaited answer to the will-they, won't they, Mac-JZB ignition. All of that makes for a fantastic start to the book, but you just know Mac will have to suffer again later and written from Mac's first person view, her need to endure at several points come across as quite heartbreaking. That said, I loved this book.
on 3 September 2009
Well if you are reading Dreamfever or planning to, chances are high you have already read the previous fever books, and may even know Karen Monings highlander series. So without any further ado, here is 5 stars.

This was a treat to read. Barrons and Mac finally combust on the pages. Eventhough the author has done this so cleverly we may infact get another "first" time in the last book. I certainly hope so, because Mac deserves the choice.
Mac has set her sights on the Abbey and what the sidhe seers can accomplish if they stop hiding in the abbey, but to get them going, she needs to wrestle with Rowena.

Mac is pretty pissed off at the two "heroes" in her life, who never got arround to saving her from the unseelie princes, so she is setting down some new ground rules, oh and did I mention there are some side effects to being pria - certain immunities, that a certain fay prince wont be too happy about *grin*

And finally, it seems that Karen likes to drop us off at cliff hangers here towards the end of the series. As she did with the previous book, so she does with this one. But I dont mind. She has remained true to her characters, true to the story, and delivers on her promises. Everything you have been wondering about is adressed which is really all one can ask for as a fan of the series.
on 10 August 2011
If you've read the Highlander books don't be fooled into thinking this is the same, but just more about the fae. I was halfway through the first book when I realised this and was wondering why the story was not moving quicker...Duh. I've read so many paranormal romance type books in this past couple of years that I'm struggling to find new authors to read. This was like nothing I've ever read. I wish they would make a tv series.

WOW, the first section of this book between JB and Mac is so well written it gave me butterflies. As the rollercoaster continues, we meet JB's group, there are 9 altogether, just like him ( somebody catch me!) All I can say is the begining gave me busterflies and the end had me going Nooooooo!!!

I dare you not to be obsessed with Jericho Barrons, he really isn't a nice guy, but I'm still obsessed with him now, and I've read all 5 books twice. I won't spoil the plot, you'll recognise some characters and references from the highlander series, But I will say this, miss moning is not afraid to turn you inside out and upside down! I would definately recommend buying books three, four and five together because of the cliffhanger endings!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did and if anyone can recommend something I would be eternally grateful, I love J R Ward, Kresely cole, Larrissa Ione, Lara Adrian, Gena Showalter and some of the Carparthian series. I'm now really stuck!
on 9 January 2010
when i started reading the fever series i did not think i would get into it but i have just finished marathon session and finished in 2 days i just could not put the book down and the cliff hanger is allready driving me nuts and i still have 11 months to go ahhhhhhhhh a must for any fan
on 31 July 2012
This series just keeps getting better and better.. is that even possible? Yes it is! Although writing a review for this or any book in the series has been quite difficult as there are so many plot twists and turns I am afraid to give something away in the review.

As with the previous books they all run into each other and little to no time is lost in the transition. With many series books I have to say again, I am so glad I read these once they were all released. I would have died a few times already if I actually had to wait around for the next book to be published.

The first 15% of this book is.. HOT. There is other way of saying it. Just wow. I didn't want it to end but sadly it did. But then I was full of so many different emotions throughout and the end!?! Talk about a cliffhanger. I even had to start book five before I could come back here and write this review. Couldn't stop for a minute.

I would strongly recommend this series to anybody.
4.5 Stars

Bloodfever is the fourth book in Karen Marie Moning's Fever series starring Sidhe-Seer MacKayla Lane so this review may contain spoilers for the previous books. The story picks up right after the ending of Faefever - the walls between the Fae and mortal realms have failed allowing the unseelie prisoners to escape and leaving Dublin under attack. Worse still Mac has been turned pri-ya by the unseelie princes and has become completely obsessed with her physical needs not even able to remember her own name. Can she come back from the brink of madness to help put a stop to the Lord Master's plans?

I've been really enjoying the Fever series but I have to say I think Dreamfever was my favourite instalment yet. I'm so relieved that I already have my copy of Shadowfever though because the cliffhanger would probably have killed me if I had to wait a year for it! Poor Mac has been through so much since she arrived in Dublin and that pretty, sun loving, pink wearing & flirty young girl is no more - she has had to toughen up to cope with everything that life has thrown at her and she is now all black leather and sharp edges. You have to admire her just for surviving - I don't think many people would have the strength of character to go through everything she has and come out the other side with her sanity intact (well almost anyway lol).

It is so hard for her to know who to trust, she is afraid to even trust her own instincts any more. She feels that both Barrons and V'lane let her down by not coming to her rescue before the princes captured her and she is determined never to allow herself to rely on anyone again. I can completely understand why she feels like that but sometimes I do find myself wishing she would let people help her a bit more. I'm still desperate to find out more about Barrons - what the heck is he? - and I loved the way things played out between him and Mac in this book (particularly at the beginning of the story - I feel like I've waited FOREVER for that!).

It's been really interesting watching how things have played out with the Sidhe-Seers - I really can't stand Rowena and there were times I wanted to reach into the book and slap her but to give the wily old bird her dues she certainly knows how to play the political game and get people on her side! It was great to see the friendship between Mac and Dani grow though and I enjoyed seeing things from Dani's point of view for a few chapters at the beginning - that has made me excited about the spin off series staring her that comes out later this year (starting with Iced). I'm hoping we get to see Mac and Dani team up more in Shadowfever because I think they work so well together.

The story has been getting darker and darker with every instalment which makes for very intense reading. It's going to be very interesting to see how Karen Marie Moning finishes this part of the series - I'm really hoping that Mac gets to have some kind of happiness by the end because I think she's earned at least a bit of a break!
on 12 September 2011
Wow. I think I'm running out of ways to say "This. Series. Is. Awsome!!!" No other explanation needed. It simply gets better and better (how is this possible?!?)

Karen Moning is simply a genius. I have never read such a clever series before. Every time there is a twist or turn in the story Im totally gobsmacked. I dont see any of them coming. Which is unusual for me. I can usually pick up on roughly what's going to happen once Ive been reading a series this long, but no, not with this, I'm constantly surprised!

Warning. Spoilers from Faefever below!

So if you've read Faefever you no doubt picked Dreamfever up immediatly. There was nothing else to be done after THAT ending! The walls of faery having come crashing down poor Mac is taken by the unseelie Princes and turned Pri ya. There's supposedly no coming back from being made Pri ya. Well not unless you have someone like Barrons around! Folks if you're Team Barrons, the first couple of chapters are to die for... That's all Im saying on that subject...

Once Mac is recovered she is straight back to work. The walls are down and there is work to be done. Dublin is no longer the place it once was. For that matter neither is the whole world. Unseelie are running wild, the shades are consuming the city one block at a time and the only people left defending it are Detective Jane and his men. Mac makes it her mission to get the other sidthe seers out there fighting and using their talents to help the cause. But first she has to get past their Grand Mistress who still hates her guts.

I really admired Mac in this installment. So much horrible stuff has happened to her and continues to happen to her but she just keeps getting back up and carrying on. You can see how much she has grown since she arrived in Dublin.

As with the other books this one is full of mystery, suspense, action and more OOP detecting! Mac is still trying to kill the LM, find the book, discover the details of this prophecy that everything seems to hang on whilst still trying to contend with Barrons and V'lane, both of whom want her to stay with them and help them track the book.

I really loved this installment. It was really exciting to read and we discover so much more through Mac as she continues in her quest of revenge. The ending is just as brutal (if not more so) as Faefever and even though I finished at 1.30 in the morning and was desperately tired, there was nothing I could do but immediately start reading the final book Shadowfever to see what was going to happen next because I think that's one of the cruelest cliffhangers I've ever read!

Another 5 star rating for this incredible series and I have no doubt whatsoever that I'll be giving the final book a big fat 5 in a couple days time too...
VINE VOICEon 7 November 2010
Dreamfever is the fourth book in the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. Insatiable and seductive to a tee, the Fever Series is highly addictive and will always have you craving for more.

Mac is still on her quest for vengeance against her sister's murderer, the Lord Master. But before she can exact her revenge she must first overcome her sudden sexual cravings that have made her lose her mind. On the brink of death, she is saved and carries on her battle, stronger that ever, against the Fae that have invaded her world.

I was so happy with this book to begin with. I thought everything would work out and we would finally see Mac catch a break. But no, Moning is no dream-satisfier. Although, she did make one of my wishes come true but I won't elaborate as it will spoil the book for you. We see Mac finally fighting back against her allies and demanding the truth and if they don't provide it, she has other means to getting the truth. Mac teams up with the other sidhe-seers to try and take down all the Fae but collaborating with the strong headed leader of the sidhe-seers proves just as difficult as Mac anticipated it to be.

Dreamfever ended on such a horrible cliffhanger that it should be against the law and left me and, no doubt, millions of other readers frustrated. It has left me wondering and theorising each and every character we have met throughout the series. I have a few theories but I know they will be a million miles off. However, I am glad to see Mac overcome everything and become stronger through it all. I can't wait for the next, and final, book.

Disclaimer: I do not own this book, I borrowed it from my local library. I have not been paid to review this book and everything I have said is of my own honest opinion.
I'm an avid reader and as such I feel that I've been lucky to get the Makayla Lane series back to back over a few months rather than the usual wait time that you endure for favoured authors next titles, however this series is getting deeper and darker with each passing title and whilst a lot of them hint at further games being played by all sides with our heroine as the principle pawn, the reader is left with another cliff-hanger at the end of this book.

Don't get me wrong, I love Karen's writing but this book really felt a lot more like filler than anything else to me. It is a gripping series, the characters are decent and keep you guessing as personal and professional motives seem to interplay and change as twists unfurl, but when a story feels like its going round in circles with reminders as to what's gone before, you do end up wondering wha'ts happening. I just hope that the final book in the series (for now at least) Shadowfever, will break up a lot of the tension that's been building and answer some questions that have been enquired about since the beginning.
on 1 February 2013
I am reviewing this book after I finished reading the whole series and I have to say it is definitely worth your time getting started on the series. I recommend you read them in order and do not take long break between the volumes. Not that you will have much patience anyway. Well, maybe after the first two, but not the rest.
For those of you who have read Highlander series, these book are different. Don't expect a happily ever after at the end of each volume. On the contrary. I don't want to leave that sentence hanging but I don't want to write any spoilers either, so sorry guys!
One thing I really disliked about the series are the many brand names mentioned arbitrarily throughout the text. It is such an obvious marketing attempt that I couldn't help myself but take away one star just for that reason. Other than that, and the fact that in this first book of the series, the protagonist, ie the lead female character is so fake and unlikable that I wanted to choke her. Well,it gets better later on though so, hang in there.