‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this Festive Bundt Tin, 4 Nov 2009
This review is from: Holiday Tree Cake Tin - Platinum Series - by Nordic Ware - for Bundt and other cakes, jelly, savoury (Kitchen & Home)
I have been wanting a fancy tin like this for... lets say " a few years now", but each time I have talked myself out of it because of the price. I thought oh it is too expensive, I cant warrant paying that much for a cake tin well this year I have splashed out for this amazing looking christmas tree Bundt Pan. I am so Pleased I did! this is the best cake tin I have ever used and it will last a lifetime.

This pan makes a 10 cup cake, in British terms (not european measurements what everyone seems to use now good old fashioned lb' & oz) it makes a simple British Ib=pound cake

The cakes cook evenly in (50mins -an hour in the middle of the oven Gas mark 4 on average) and makes an average cake look very professional especially when dusted with Icing sugar. you can use it to make breads, as an ice-cream/Jelly mould and also to make a christmas cake, Sky's the limit just play around with it, My kids love baking with it, they have even made dumplings with it (filled the tops of the trees only)and surprisingly they came out very good. (just freeze the rest)

All you need to prepare this pan is : soft spread either melted and brushed on or rubbed on with parchment paper/ grease proof and a dusting of either flour or cocoa Depending on what cake you are making.

* Take a look on You Tube. Type in" Nigella's Spruced up Vanilla Cake"

**I have had this Bundt pan several years now and not had any problems with sticking or un even cooking. I have bought many more Bundt pans from the Nordic Ware range and also never had a problem with them either.. Nordic Ware is by far my favourite brand of cast-aluminium bakeware.. It will definitely live to pass on to future generations.

Happy Baking

5.0 out of 5 stars Chrimbletastic, 6 Dec 2010
Ok so it's a little on the expensive side but oh my, it's so worth it. I nearly burst with excitement when I opened the Amazon box (which was delivered at lightning speed by the way so well done to the merchant) containing this as I have been after one for a while and finally just thought: "To hell with it! I am buying myself a darned Chrimble gift!" and well, in the words of the world's glossiest geordie, 'I'm worth it.'

It's sturdy and shiny and I cannot wait to make Nigella's spruce cake in it. Even if it tastes like soiled pants it will at least look pretty having been baked in this beautiful beast of a tin.

Buy it up quick if it's in stock as I lost out last year when the repeat of Nigella Christmas came on telly and suddenly the whole world (including me of course) wanted a piece of this Nordic bundt loveliness.

You might think my review is overly swoony but I don't care, I finally have my tin and I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this!!, 18 Mar 2011
Adore this tin I've baked ''vanilla spruce cake'' from Nigella Lawson's christmas book & it cleans so easily even after jelly!(which also works brilliantly) Makes a novice cook like myself look like an expert!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not used frequently but so very effective when it is, 8 Dec 2013
Chris M (York) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
My wife purchased this two years ago, after watching the very festive `Nigella Christmas' series.

I have to say we absolutely love this cake tin (something I never thought I would say).

Reasons we love this tin:

-First and foremost, the resulting cake is amazing, friends always comment and it does create a real buzz around the table when it's brought out
-The non-stick interior combined with a non-stick agent means the cake doesn't stick at all which we were worried about (we use Wilton 6 oz Bake Easy Non-Stick Spray and find this very effective)
-It is excellent quality, as with all Nordicware tins it's heavy duty and sturdy
-We hand wash the tin and it comes out perfect every time
-Since it's a bundt tin, the cake results are excellent with even cooking throughout.

My wife always makes a vanilla madeira cake in this, then dusts with icing sugar (exactly as per Nigella's recipe), and it has never failed yet.

We were hesitant to purchase it since we knew prior to buying that we really would only use it around Christmas but that really doesn't matter. You could of course use it at other times of year but regardless, if you are considering purchasing this tin just know you are buying a sturdy bundt tin, that will likely be around for many years to come. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Talk about a showstopper!, 25 Jan 2013
Every single one comes out perfectly, and they look amazing. It couldn't be easier to bake an incredible looking cake. It also cooks through perfectly so you don't get dried out or undercooked bits - impressive. I also bought Wilton's Bake Easy Non Stick Spray to use with it and it works a dream.

It wasn't cheap, but I'm going to invest in more from the range as they're so well made, they'll last for years. Try it - and your friends will be urging you to go on GBBO too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 26 Nov 2012
Product is great, don't have a bad word to say about it really! I used the recipie from Nigella's christmas book and the cake turned out perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas in forest, 22 Nov 2012
Great product,with a definte Chrstmas feel?Iwould recommend it to everyone who loves cooking and Christmas.Both jellies and cakes can have a magical twist!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE " Nigella Cake Tin", 8 Jan 2012
This is the "Nigella Cake Tin" used in her Xmas book to make her cake. It really does a great job. Don't worry about the price - it really is spectactular when you turn it out, so well worth it. So take the plunge & invest in this & you wont be disapointed. Great service from this company & great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holiday tree cake tin, 7 May 2014
Purchased this cake tin after seeing it on a TV program. It is of excellent quality
I have now used it on quite a few occasions and had perfect results, It is important, however, to ensure the tin is fully greased thoroughly.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB, 28 Jan 2014
QUALITY OF THESE BUNDT TINS ARE SUPERB. VERY HEAVY WITH GREAT DETAILING, HAVE BOUGHT SEVERAL OF THESE ALREADY, WITH FANTASTIC RESULTS...(YUMMIE)..

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›