VINE VOICEon 15 January 2010
Bought this to enable my non Wi-Fi desktop to work with new (Wi-Fi) printer. Installed quickly & without a hitch, and now enables me to put the printer in a convenient place, rather than within reach of USB cable. Does what it says it does, at an excellent price. It was also delivered by return.
on 9 January 2010
Got this dongle for my main comp which i had moved upstairs to my bedroom and couldn't be bothered opening it to put a wi-fi card in.plugged it into usb and it was picked up right away and it's working great.My router is downstars so the range is good and signal strength is steady
22 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 November 2009
The product arrived on time and was easy to set up. A good piece of kit which performs exactly as described. I Connected to my home network perfectly, and had no problems with the security I have in place. A great product at a very affordable price.
on 11 February 2010
The dongle arrived within a day or two and is excellent!! Internet strength is great - no problems at all. The computer is upstairs and the Router downstairs and we get great signal strength, it has not dropped out on us yet!!I have had experience of using another "brand leader" which constantly overheated and eventually gave up the ghost but so far NO HEAT from this device although it is in constant use by my teenager!
on 10 February 2011
I followed the Windows 7 instructions enclosed but no luck or rather no Windows 7 drivers on the enclosed mini CD. I spent a wasted hour digging around on the net but life is too short. I guess the item name is true - it does not include Windows 7.

As I returned it so promptly I got a full refund with postage so a very good returns policy.

Try the TP-Link TL-WN722N 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter it worked first time, came neatly packaged too.
on 9 June 2010
Unfortunately my dealings with this dongle are contrary to the majority of the reviews on here. To put it briefly: it did not work. I am a PC technician by profession and installing this dongle should have been a walk in the park. The product failed to install properly - it reached 66% then hung for about 15 minutes - and when I eventually cancelled it; it popped up saying installation was successful and the computer started detecting wireless networks?! I assumed all was well but the network connection dropped after about 10 minutes and the computer failed to detect the network adaptor (this dongle). Eventually it "found" the dongle again, but refused to connect stating that the network key had been incorrectly entered (which was obviously nonsense as the computer had been browsing the web minutes before). For the next 2 days it would sporadically connect, die, lose the adaptor, find the adaptor, report something was wrong then start all over again. Eventually I got fed up and decided to try a different wifi dongle from another PC. Low and behold it installed fine and worked instantly! My advice to you if you are looking for a cheap wifi dongle is don't compromise. You can pick up a Belkin wifi dongle from Argos or similar that is solid as a brick and won't fail you. It's £10 more but this isn't something you'll need to buy again so save yourself time and effort and buy something worthwile from the beginning. It's questionable whether or not this dongle is actually even compatible with Vista judging by some of the other reviews on here. I wish I'd read them all first! For anyone that's interested, the computer I was trying to install this on was running Vista Home Basic.
33 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 February 2010
Very Fast Delivery and the Dongle is working wery well on the Laptop. It worked within a couple of minutes of being plugged in. Thank you very much for your prompt service and brilliant peice of equipment.
on 3 March 2011
bit hit-n-miss with this. I'd bought for a neighbour of mine, who had been borrowing my NETGEAR one. Installed the drivers for this adaptor on their Win2000 machine and the PC picked up it no problem. It then took a could of minuted to pick up the required IP address and allow connection to the network, but then, wouldn't let me access any web pages. Quick check - lost IP address / connection. IP 0.0.0.00 We tried this also on a Win7 laptop - same problem.

Straight back to Amazon for refund unfortunately.

I've also had trouble uninstalling the software that came with it, getting a registry error whilst uninstalling. Have ended up having to trust PC rollback to get rid of it !!!
on 4 May 2011
I'm using this dongle to connect a secondary PC system to the net in conjunction with a BT Hub which we have installed.
As I am fairly new to this sort of thing I had my doubts before I bought this product, but I went ahead and to my extreme pleasure it worked 100% from the word go. This has doubled my PC capacity with no trouble at all and has allowed me to separate our domestic system from the one which we use for the business.
I would have no hestiation in recommending this particular product to anyone who runs a small business from home, and who needs a bit more computing capacity at a budget price.
Many thanks,
Malcolm
MAC Gravure ylinder Services.
on 26 January 2011
This was delivered very quickly and took less than 2 mins to install and connect my non wifi desktop pc to our router. Plugged in the dongle to the usb port, 3 clicks later I was online! Simplicity itself, and at a very good price! A rare occasion where I cant find a fault with price, delivery or function! Extrememly satisfied!