5.0 out of 5 stars ''I Am...'' - Arguably Beyonce's Best Album To Date?
In my honest opinion, Beyonce Knowles has outdone herself with 'I Am...'. The concept is not a new one, Janet Jackson explored the alter-ego of Damita Jo in 2004, and now Beyonce is doing the same, with Sasha Fierce. Here though Beyonce pulls it off with great style and substance.

Published on 27 Feb 2011 by ''Rebel Flower''

3.0 out of 5 stars One day she will make an outstanding album
This album demonstrates that Ms Knowles is on her way to one day delivering a truly oustanding album. I bought her first album, Dangerously in Love, and could not believe how atrocious it was. It only had three good songs on it! This album is not typically R&B and is more pop but somehow it works.

The best songs for me are If I were a boy, Halo, Ave Maria,...
Published on 8 Jan 2009 by The Inspired One

5.0 out of 5 stars ''I Am...'' - Arguably Beyonce's Best Album To Date?, 27 Feb 2011
This review is from: I Am ... Sasha Fierce: Platinum Edition (Audio CD)

The Beyonce Side includes tracks like 'Halo', 'Smash Into You', 'Broken Hearted Girl' and 'If I Were A Boy' - primarily mid-tempo ballads which showcase some of Beyonce's best vocals to date. The emotion is there to hear in 'Smash Into You' and 'Halo' especially, and gives the album a more mature tone than Beyonce's previous work.
The flip side is Sasha Fierce, full of fast, sassy songs like the smash hit 'Single Ladies', 'Sweet Dreams', 'Diva' and 'Ego'. There are influences of gospel, soul and urban all mixed to make really interesting and stylish songs that make you want to strut and dance along with Sasha.

Overall it feels like a more grown-up and polished album than Dangerously In Love or B'Day, but it still has the swagger and power that Beyonce is famous for.

The Platinum Edition also includes some nice bonus tracks like 'Why Don't You Love Me?' and 'Ave Maria', and a bonus dvd of the video singles including 'Single Ladies', 'Halo', 'Broken Hearted Girl' and 'Sweet Dreams'. Sadly the video for 'Video Phone' is not included. The dvd also includes a 30minute documentary on the making of the album and videos with Beyonce.

Also, if you're a fan of Beyonce be sure to check out the 'I Am...' World Tour Dvd + CD. You Won't Be Disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Am...Sasha Fierce...Platinum Edition, 28 April 2010
This review is from: I Am ... Sasha Fierce: Platinum Edition (Audio CD)
Brilliant CD I can't stop playing it. DVD is great too. This was a great bargain buy. I am truly happy with my purchase. If you love B you will not be dissappointed. From start to finish excellent. Thanks Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant.... her best yet!!, 6 July 2009
This review is from: I Am... Sasha Fierce (Audio CD)
The songs on this track are amazing. We bought it mostly for Halo, but absolutely loving All the Single Ladies and If I were a Boy. There's not a bad song on it. Absolutely brilliant is the separation onto different CD's of the slow tracks from the more up beat. This helps when wanting to set an ambience... as no need to sit with a remote trying to skip the faster tunes during a romantic meal... or the slow ones during a girls night in! Whether you're a Beyonce fanatic or you just like a song or two, buy this album, it's fantastic!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best albums of 2008, 9 Dec 2008
C. Cox "Rachel" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Am... Sasha Fierce (Audio CD)
I think that this album is beyonce's best yet. A album that you defo need in your life. Below is a review of each song

Disc 1:

If i were a boy-10/10 When i first heard this song, i thought what the hell has beyonce done,after a couple of listens i was addicted

Halo-10/10 Again i didn't like this song when i first heard it but now it is one of my favourites off the album

Disappear-6/10 I like this song, but its not one of my favourites, but i think it will grow on me

Brokenhearted girl-10/10 A lovely ballad with some wicked vocals from beyonce one of my favourites off the album

Ave maria-10/10 When i first heard this song i thought beyonce was doing classical, but now i love this song especially when B says ave maria in a classical voice

Smash into you-10/10 I love this song a gorgeous ballad brillant vocals from B at the end, one of my favourites

Satellites-10/10 Another great ballad, a favourite of mine.

That's why your beautiful-9/10 A really nice mid-tempo song with a rock edge to it.

Disc 2:

Single ladies(put a ring on it)-10/10 A brillant choice for the second single, i love it. I think this song could be the next crazy in love for B

Radio-10/10 This has to be a single, i love,love this track. A great pop/dance track this would be great played in clubs it would defo get people up dancing.A favourite of mine

Diva-10/10 This track is wicked, I love beyonce's swagger in this song.A favourite of mine

Sweet dreams-10/10 I first heard this song on youtube last year, and it was called beautiful nightmare,but B changed it because it sounded to similar to beautiful liar. I love this song whatever it is called, i just love the beat especially if you turn you bass up on your stero, you get a even heavier beat 2 this a favourtite of mine.

Video phone-10/10 I love this song its sick and so is beyonce's swagger, i love how she is being dirty like for instant in the song she says if you liking this position you can tape it. A favourite of mine

Hello-10/10 I love this song its one of my favourites but i feel this song is a ballad and should have been put on the first disc.

Ego-10/10 Another wicked track,i love the part when she sings its too big,its too wide it won't fit is she really talking about his ego or something else like a certain part of his body.

Scared of lonely-10/10 I love this track, but again i feel this should have been on the first disc.

All in all a wicked album, if you can't decide which edition to get i would recommnd getting the deluex version for the brillant smash into you and satellites.

If you are looking to buy any other albums this year i would recommnd beyonce's lil sis solange new album sol-angel and the hadley street dreams it is a wicked album full of 70's soul

4.0 out of 5 stars I Am...Actually Quite Impressed, 12 Feb 2012
This review is from: I Am ... Sasha Fierce: Platinum Edition (Audio CD)
I wasn't so impressed with B'Day and i thought Dangerously In Love was alright so i struggled weather or not to buy this album but after a while i forgot about this album but when i saw her at Glastonbury i was quite impressed she sang three songs from her fourth and then upcoming album 4 so i decided to buy it as soon as it came out and i was really impressed with 4 so i bought I...Am Sasha Fierce Platinum Edition and i was happy with the results not all songs are impressive but there not rubbish either, this woman can sing and she writes some really good songs.
This album is worth buying but make sure you buy the Platinum Edition it has extra songs that are amazing and it includes a dvd with music videos to her songs such as Single Ladies, Halo, Broken Hearted Girl, Sweet Dreams and more.
If you are going to buy this album as your first Beyonce album then don't buy 4 it is much better, then buy this one.
Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) - 9/10
Satellites - 9/10
Disappear - 10/10
Ave Maria - 10/10

Standout Tracks...
Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
Halo
Disappear
Ave Maria

5.0 out of 5 stars I Am...Sasha Fierce Platinum Edition., 19 Nov 2009
This review is from: I Am ... Sasha Fierce: Platinum Edition (Audio CD)
The third enhanced issue of Beyonce's hit album 'I Am... Sasha Fierce, the Platinum Edition' is released, the extras not on the previous two issues include 3 new songs - 'Why Don't You Love Me', 'Honesty' and 'Save The Hero'. Also there is a second DVD disk containing 8 music videos and 20 minutes of behind the scenes footage.

If you think the album is great like i do, then you'll surly love this, OK arguably a cash in, but unarguably a great stocking filler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Introduction to Beyonce, 28 Dec 2009
This review is from: I Am... Sasha Fierce (Audio CD)
I got this album as a Xmas present, after liking some of Beyonce's latest singles e.g. "If I Were A Boy"; "Single Ladies"; "Halo"; "Sweet Dreams" and "Broken Hearted Girl". I have never bought a Beyonce album before, but I think this provides a perfect intro to her voice and music - as it has 2 discs.

Disc 1: has a nice accoustic feel to it, which I think showcases Beyonce's vocal talents brilliantly. I do really like all the songs on this CD! I wasn't sure what to expect from the "Ave Maria" but, it was a real eye opener -fresh & original; I was very plesantly surprised!

Disc 2 is a party CD! All the music on this CD, just makes you want to get up and Dance!!!! I luv it!!! I'm really glad I decided to put this on my Christmas wish list. For me, this 2 CD edition has provided the perfect introduction to Beyonce Knowles. 10/10!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bset Beyonce album, 22 Dec 2008
This review is from: I Am... Sasha Fierce (Audio CD)
I do not agree with some of the comments, yes Beyonce's music is a lil different in this album but an artist has to change! It would get boring if she stayed the same. I have to say I was a bit skeptical at first because music is rubbish these days but I was shocked at how good the vocals and production is. This album shows of her vocal abilities and the fact that she is an artist not some nice haircut nice clothes girl. I thought she would never have an album better than dangerously in love I was wrong this is her best album. And none of her songs sound like Rihanna's umbrella, Beyonce actually writes most of her own songs and allways puts on an amazing performance-They don't call her hottest chick in the game for nothing lol

3.0 out of 5 stars One day she will make an outstanding album, 8 Jan 2009
This review is from: I Am... Sasha Fierce (Audio CD)

The best songs for me are If I were a boy, Halo, Ave Maria, Smash into you, Single Ladies (Put a ring on it), Hello, Scared of Lonely.

I would say Sasha Fierce is weaker than I am... because it is more disjointed in terms of musical style. Also, I expected Sasha Fierce to be completely uptempo with Divaesque attitude and only half the songs manage to achieve that.

Overall, it is an album that I keep listening to because it showcases her powerful voice very well, several of the songs are mesmerising, enticing and are forever etched into your memory.

The rousing chorus of Halo left me intoxicated and I listen to the song repeatedly. It is the best song on the album and one of the best songs that she has ever recorded in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Is this your sweet dream or your beautiful nightmare?, 29 Dec 2008
Brida "izumi" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: I Am... Sasha Fierce (Audio CD)
Beyonce's recent release, "If I Were a Boy" helped greatly to make me decide to buy this album. Once I learnt that it contained two CDs, one full of ballads and one for the part of her that is meant to be more fierce, I decided it was an interesting concept and so bought this verion with extra tracks.

Disc 1, I AM... opens with the brilliant single, "If I Were a Boy". This, for me, is typical Beyonce. It begins very gently, almost understated, but then builds up to a crescendo, making it a real stunner. Her voice, and the lyrics make this one of the most intelligent and heartfelt songs that I have heard for a long time.
"Smash into You" from this CD is also worth a mention. Again, her voice is shown off to its full power.
Disc 2, SASHA FIERCE opens with the equally brilliant "Single Ladies", pure dance. The attitude that we have begun to associate with Beyonce is on this track; one of a independent lady who knows how to say it like it is.
"Video Phone" gives us the chance to see Beyonce's more naughty, risque side.
My favourite from this CD is "Sweet Dreams". It has the edge that Beyonce is trying to create with her alter-ego, Sasha Fierce, but it also has the usual magic that you expect of her. The song is catchy and the music is brilliant.

So, those are my standout favourites from the two CDs. Personally, I think the first CD is the most consistent, and I enjoy more of those tracks than the second disc. I suppose, whichever 'side' of her you prefer says something about yourself and your tastes. While this is not a bad album, I understand people's views when they say they would have liked more consistency. All in all though, it was an interesting concept and it didn't fall flat on its face. There should be enough to entertain you - would recommend this version, as you get more songs for your money.

I Am ... Sasha Fierce: Platinum Edition
I Am ... Sasha Fierce: Platinum Edition by Beyonce (Audio CD - 2009)