on 4 April 2013
Although it didn't mould completely as it should (I think I either used water that was too hot or maybe not hot enough) it did fit pretty well. It would also be possible to improve fitting by trimming. The thought of trying to sleep with this in your mouth was off-putting but I have used it to try to stop biting my tongue whilst sleeping - apparently a common problem. It has worked.
on 6 January 2013
absolute rubbish,were,nt flexible enough made my husband gag when put into mouth;i wont be buying them again,waste of money thanks
on 7 June 2012
I bought this as a replacement for my dentist's over-priced night-time tooth grinding guard. In the advert it clearly stated that it was recommended for night use. When it arrived (after waiting longer than expected) it turns out to be a simple sports gum shield that is specifically declared as NOT suitable for this use. The advert also said that I would get free delivery and guess what, they charged me over £6 postage. This product is a RIP-OFF - BEWARE! I will not buy from these people or Amazon again, as I have now had three very poor experiences with Amazon's army of home-working non-professional traders; and I find it very hard to talk to anyone about my problems.
on 9 March 2013
It was very easy to mould to the shape of my teeth and it stays in place when I open my mouth. The reason I've not given it 5 stars is because it has changed in appearance and looks crystallized instead of the smooth clear material it looked like originally. I'll probably buy another one in another colour to see if it looks any better.
on 29 October 2011
Needed a low cost effective shield for our daughter as she is doing Rugby. Moulding took two attempts as other reviews suggested but strightforward to do. Harded part is ensuring daughter understands how to make it a snug fit. She has now used it four times and it looks like it will last the season, which is all we wanted it to do.
on 7 November 2013
My 13 year old followed the instructions to mould this himself. I have a proper dental mouthguard which was £100 from my dentist. Cheaper private than NHS, surprisingly. Mine is much softer than this and I can't see how one of these would be comfortable to wear overnight. But as a sports shield is great.
on 30 December 2012
This had poor reveiws but I found it worked very well. I have tried others that were much more difficult to use. It was soon quite comfortable and I found it excellent value for money. It is certainly a good back-up when used to prevent grinding of teeth.
on 6 January 2012
I think this would work very well for most people but I seem to take it out during my sleep so to be honest not the best for me. You can mould it to fit your mouth so it is comfortable.
on 10 March 2015
I started buying this about three years ago to protect my teeth from nighttime grinding and it works great. It is super easy to mould and the thickness of it is exactly the same as what I used to get at the dentist. It doesn't cover my back teeth, which is fine as I can't grind those once the mouth guard is in anyway. This is a much cheaper alternative than the dentist's version, meaning that I can also replace it more often, which is necessary! My dentist used to provide me with a really thick and chunky mouth guard, one that would rub my gums sore, so I'm glad I've found this!
on 22 February 2013
Years ago,my dentist said I was grinding my teeth down causing headaches etc...and I needed to wear a guard at night.I paid a lot of money or him to make me one.I misplaced it over the years.Recently,life has been very stressful and zI 'm grinding again.zi saw this and thought for the price I can't go wrong even with a loose fitting
Wrong,this guard is so hard and inflexible I would break a tooth to get it to fit around all my teeth.This stuff it's made of is just too hard and clumsy for a universal flt.was too lazy to send it back and lose on postage