on 14 March 2011
This one has almost everything you could ever want from a watch. Sure, it's not suitable a dress watch, but that's not what it's for anyway.
Because it has so many functions, it can take some time to learn your way around this watch, but the instruction manual is clear and the operation is quite intuitive. Since it has a polymer case and a titanium bracelet, it is very light and comfortable. The case back is stainless steel, so it might not be a nickel free watch.
The titanium bracelet is a perfect combination of low weight and a very secure feel and it also has a double lock clasp. I purchased a bracelet link remover since the bracelet with all the links in place is quite large. You might be able to remove the bracelet pins without a special tool, but the risk of scratching the links is much higher then.
The (nightly) calibration with the atomic clock is also very good, almost all places in my house gave a good reception of the radio signal. I also have some mechanical watches and I use this watch to set them correctly.
I'm very happy with this watch and I would highly recommend it as a (very) accurate, high quality, well made, versatile watch.
on 20 March 2011
This is great fun. I have a tiny wrist and I had to remove all the removable links, but it just about fits. The display is easy to read and the buttons easy to use. I particularly like the graph of temperature over time. The only disappointing thing is that it doesn't have the phases of the moon - that is on another model which doesn't have sunrise and sunset like this one does and is more useful to me. Expensive, but worth it.
on 17 August 2011
This watch is perfect for a hiker or a walker.. the watch is nice looking at the same time functionality is very very good.. expect to spend at least an hour to explore the features and studying the manual to read and understand the functionality.. read and remember how to understand the different measurements..

make sure you read the manual how to calibrate the sensors.. and calibrate them everytime you travel between countries with completely different weather.. for example egypt to uk.. :)

Overall, its a nice watch and very happy with it..
on 29 March 2011
I spent a long time looking around and was tempted by the Sunnto Core all Black watch which is the Casio's nearest rival. But and this is a big but the Suunto is NOT Solar and its back light is awful. Also the Casio Titanium strap that I got with this version far exceeds the Core which has a plastic or resin strap. You can fine tune the Casio with more accuracy and the whole watch is just amazing. Its not bulky at all and is some 30% thinner and looks great. It has a neat little Auto back light feature so you do not have to always press the light button. The only drawback is that is sometimes comes on when you don't want it to. The Casio is made in Japan where as the Core is made in China and the whole Casio look and feel is far superior then anything else. I would highly recommend this watch its functions and ease of use make it just fantastic. Nothing to touch it !!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 28 March 2011
This is a fantastic quality watch, with superb features. I did think about the watches from Suunto, but reviews on quality issues swayed me to this one, and I'm glad I did. The titanium watch is so light and looks better than any photo's. Buy it, you wont be disappointed.
on 12 November 2011
ordered the item on 6th november.amazon told that it has an extended delivery time(until 15th nov).but it turned upon 11th.took only 4 working days (shipment was from france).
pros=thinnest protrek,titanium bracelet,solar,atomic time sync,alti,baro,compass.the prettiest watch in the protrek lineup.it took 8hrs in the english winter for the battery to go from medium to high.it never went below that afterwards.

cons+needs 3 links taken out for my 7.5 in wrist(it is actually an advantage as u can size it perfectly)
+case is resin
+warranty card is not filled in.(i checked with the casio website.did an online registration.they ensured that warranty is valid anywhere in europe,as long as you have the original receipt and all the documents.im satisfied with that.)

one more thing.it comes fitted with panasonic ctl1616 battery which was notorious for failure in the early solar watches.my watch is made in 2010 and comes with the new battery(labelled CTL1616 japan 2).so im satisfied with that as well.

all told this is the best casio i ever had.if u r still doubtful buy it,try it ,and return it if u r not satisfied.im pretty sure every single soul will be keeping this watch for life.....
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 March 2012
I already own an Edifice EQW-500 from Casio, which shares some of the features of this watch. I was looking for a digital watch and liked the idea of having full date, day of the week etc.

Build/construction:

Titanium strap, solid clasp link bars, double lock on the clasp. Resin face surround. Watch is about 107g so feels very light despite the large face size. Pretty thin though. Light works well, not overly bright but has auto function, which only operates when it is dark, nice feature.

Compass:

Duplex display so you retain time etc on screen. This works well and seems accurate as far as I can tell.

Barometer/Thermometer:

Barometer seems to work well, hard to check accuracy. The thermometer will not work when on your wrist as it detects body heat and will read about 6 to 10 degrees high. You have to leave the watch off for twenty minutes to get an accurate reading. This does work when you do this, I have checked it against another thermometer.

Altimeter:

Shows two types of altitude, explained in the manual. Do not know how accurate this is as yet but easy enough to use and understand.

Atomic Update/Solar Power:

Watch has updated overnight without fail. Shows you the last time and date that an auto update was performed. Solar power turned up showing "high" battery level and has never dropped so far. Great to know there is no need for a battery or to ever set the time/date.

I like the Sunrise/Sunset times. The normal array of features such as stopwatch, timer, alarm etc all work well as expected. The current time remains on screen at the bottom for most of the screens so you do not lose this, which is nice.

Downsides:

The date is in the mm/dd format instead of the more sensible dd/mm format and I have confirmed with Casio that this cannot be changed.

Dial face is large, and not made of titanium but resin.

EL light feature could be brighter and stay lit for longer. (UPDATE, this can be changed to 3 seconds instead of 1, see comments)

That said if you are looking for a high quality digital watch packed with features then this is a good choice.

90%
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 2 October 2012
Got this particular watch to replace my old battered pro trek.First impressions are very good,very light ,not half as bulky as most pro treks and I was expecting it to be silver ,but its more of a grey colour which I prefer.Got this for everyday use but to be honest I find myself very reluctant to do so as its such a nice looking watch and I work outdoors so it wouldn,t be long Getting scuffed and scratched.Would recommend.
pro,s-Nice looks,titanium bracelet,tons of specs,world time,sunrise/set,atomic clock adjusted etc.light and slim.
Cons-Alarm quite low,bracelet will need specialized adjustment,easily damaged if you attempt it yourself,no tide or moon.
Overall even though it's not cheap you get a lot of watch for your money.
on 26 May 2012
Its a great job by Casio! I love this watch.

Strikes perfect balance lookswise between being adventurous model and not being too chunky to look out of place in the office.

Packed with helpful features.
I tested thermometer- it was within 0.1 degrees of a food grade probe.
Did not test the barometer, but if it shows a certain drop you can be sure that the wheather is going to deteriorate.
Altimetre is very sensitive (5 metre increments)- climb a sand dune and the watch will show it.
Compass is also acurate enough.
Great to have Sunset, sunrise times.

The only thing that really disappoints is the very silent alarm- i cant hear it in my sleep. Casio please make it a real thing on your future models. And the light could stay on for longer after pressing the illumination button.

After 16 months radio reception feature stopped functioning.I sent it to be fixed under the warranty to the UK through the Irish dealer. No problems there even though it was bought on e-bay.

While fixing the radio reception they managed to break the compass though. I dont think i will bother to send it away again- mostly because i have compass on my iphone, but also i fear that some of more relevant features may be harmed.
on 28 August 2013
No problems with delivery delivered early. New in manufacturers box with all instructions and guarantee cards etc. Wife very pleased with watch, arrived fully charged with all features working, accurate and easy to read. Very stylish watch, wife happy I'm happy need I say more.