on 14 March 2014
Yes these are heavy, and I wasn't confident when my little one was younger when he played with them on his back, luckily whenever he discarded them they never landed on his face.

Now he's sitting, I'm happy to let him play with them as much as he wants and he enjoys trying to put them in his mouth.

I like them and find them pleasantly tactile, and I feel that he'll be able to enjoy them in different ways as he gets older- other adults can't leave them alone.

So I like them, and would purchase them again if he lost them, but I'm not surprised if they don't suit every family.
on 22 September 2013
If I would've seen a photo of a baby holding it, I would NOT have bought it. Most likely, the balls are huge so that they are not a choking hazard if the elastic breaks, but it is frustrating for the baby as s/he can't put the balls in their mouth. My baby seems to prefer wooden toys, but isn't interested in this toy at all.
on 11 April 2011
These beads are fantastic quality and massively addictive for an adult! Whilst my 4 month old baby does enjoy them, they are too heavy for him to hold at the moment... I'm sure he will love them soon, but until then I didn't feel I could give 5 stars, although the quality is definately worth 5 stars.
on 22 September 2014
Good toy but baby cannot use this effectively til at least 6 months
on 22 January 2016
Appealing to the eye, interesting design. Bought for a present which was appreciated by the child's parent but not sure whether/how baby would perceive and use the item. A bit disappointed by the pakaging - beads placed in a plain plastic bag that wasn't adequate if meant for a gift.
on 16 July 2010
I've realised I'm quickly becoming a Manhattan toy addict, as my baby just adores every single thing I've bought from them (as my first two kids did when they were babies, 7 and 5 years ago). This is the usual Manhattan standard - well made, lovely colours, simple concept. The wooden balls are beautifully finished and the perfect size for little hands and mouths (somewhere between walnut and golf ball size, I guess). They seem exceptionally secure so I have no worries about them falling apart, and the whole family enjoys playing with them, including fidgetty fingers daddy who loves this kind of thing. The painted finish also makes them easy to clean - I give them a wipe once a week or so and they're still looking brand new after a couple of months. SImply great.
on 9 August 2015
These look great but became sticky to the touch and i couldn't find any way to clean them that got rid of it, so i've had to remove them from my baby's toys . I wanted to see if they would exchange or refund but apparently too late as i've had them a couple of months.
on 22 December 2014
This is lovely and colourful but a little to heavy for my baby to hold and chew on.hes had this for a couple of months now and still can't quite manage to grab hold of it properly.
(He was just over 5 months old when they arrived)
on 2 January 2015
Little one hasn't played with these yet as too Young but they look good and I have a feeling he will get hours of enjoyment once he's a bit older. They are quite heavy though. Will need to make sure he doesn't bang them on his head!
on 11 October 2013
I bought this toy because of the good reviews. The toy itself is of good quality, bright colours and doesn't break easily, but our baby has never been interested in playing with it. So it's not useful for us.