5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! - worth every penny
When i first saw this chair online, I first thought of it as too bulky, but don't be put off!
It really is a wonderful chair at a great price.

I thoroughly researched buying baby's high chair (my 1 year old); plastic ones are too flimsy, so we decided to go with buying a wooden one. This chair does not disappoint at all.

Plus points:
-Lots...
Published on 21 Feb. 2011 by Alexandria

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy
Published on 23 April 2012 by Smart Lia

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! - worth every penny, 21 Feb. 2011
This review is from: East Coast Combination Highchair (All Wood) (Baby Product)
It really is a wonderful chair at a great price.

Plus points:
-Lots of comfortable seat space for baby to sit on.
-Very solid wood design, can last a lifetime.
-Harnesses are strong.
-Can be converted into a mini table and chair (which my toddler loves!)
-Easy to clean

There really aren't any cons to the chair, although it seems bulky in the picture, this is not the case when you see it assembled. Also if your child is younger then 1 year, i would recommend buying the seat insert.

Great product, genuinely happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great 2 in 1 highchair, 13 Sept. 2010
This review is from: East Coast Combination Highchair (All Wood) (Baby Product)
we bought this highchair after detailed research on various websites. big shop stores didnt have it in a stoke. we were glad to find it here, plus under lower price! great product from 6 months to 2+ y.o. good solid wood chair with 2 in 1 function.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful high or low chair and table. A long term, safe, adaptable, seat from 6 mnths to 3+yrs. Bargain!, 11 Jan. 2015
This review is from: East Coast Combination Highchair (All Wood) (Baby Product)
We are delighted with this high chair. Clear instructions with diagrams to fit together. Converts to low chair in one easy movement. Tray slides close or further from baby allowing lots of room for growth and easy reach for a little one. It slides off completely for easy access and cleaning, and later use as a toddler chair and table for eating or drawing. We added the Fisher Price Insert to give our grand-daughter, (5 months, 16lbs in weight, just sitting up unaided, so occasional toppal :) ) extra comfort and security. The two choises of height slots for the straps in the insert, keep them securely in the correct place and help her to stay upright when reaching. Without the insert, at this stage, straps can slip down little shoulders as they are securely fitted to the seat. The seat fitting will make the straps' use more flexible but keep her safe still, when she is much bigger and more mobile. We anticipate many years of many uses from this well made high chair. Easy to wipe clean and at an absolute bargain price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, 23 April 2012
Smart Lia (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: East Coast Combination Highchair (All Wood) (Baby Product)
This chair is nice and sturdy. However, I think it will come in handy when my 6-month nephew is a bit older. For now, we can't really move it where we want to feed the little one, as it is too heavy. It would have been useful if it had wheels. Also, even with the insert, my nephew still slumps on one side. We had to buy a different, more practical one, for now, and hope to use this one later.

Edit: nephew now 16 month old. The chair has been stationery in the kitchen, where my nephew would occasionally have food. We had to buy another high chair to move about, as this was way too heavy to maneuver around the house. However, now the chair comes apart into a table and small chair. It is really useful for him to sit at, draw, eat etc. He loves it! So the chair has only become useful over the last few months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what we wanted, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: East Coast Combination Highchair (All Wood) (Baby Product)
I purchased this East Coast highchair for my 6 month old son. We looked at lots of cheaper plastic chairs and decided that we wanted something that would last. The chair arrived in good time, It looks great and was simple to put together (around 30mins). The seat is a bit too big for my son at this point, but I expected that and am glad it is something he can grow into over the next couple years. I love that he can now join us at the table for meals and he loves being a part of the action.

I look forward to using the seat and table separately for arts and crafts when he is a little older. It will be great to have a space that suits his size.

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect? Not at all..., 9 July 2012
This review is from: East Coast Combination Highchair (All Wood) (Baby Product)
We had reviewed this product before and now are revising our review because after using it for a while we are very unhappy with it and wish we purchased a safer, sturdier, more comfortable highchair for our little one.

Things we like about the product
-converts into a chair and table for when the baby is older
-construction feels solid
-was relatively easy to put together

Things we did not like
-definitely need two people to put together and not as intuitive as IKEA in terms of instructions and engineering that makes it super easy to put together
-No support for the child between the legs; easy to slip down. We bought the cushion seat to put into the highchair but our baby (7.5 months old) still keeps sliding down
-The harness is bad quality and doesn't keep her in place. Too loose, too narrow and moves too much. She easily slides out of it. Also prevents the baby from sitting up straight, so uncomfortable and bad for babys posture
-The cushion we purchased for this chair is also bad. Doesnt fit with the harness and fills in too much of the seat. I think it will be too small for our baby very soon.
- its bulky and heavy, and feels like it may be easily tipped off balance with a very active baby
- While there are multiple slots / positions on the tray, it is all too tight, esp with the cushion in there you definitely wish there was more space. Need to take the whole thing apart to take baby out. Not ideal for emergency situations, eg if baby is choking for example.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and Perfect!, 1 Nov. 2010
This review is from: East Coast Combination Highchair (All Wood) (Baby Product)
I love it! Very good quality! Only will recommend to buy soft cushions as well for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent construction and versatile design, 6 Dec. 2011
This review is from: East Coast Combination Highchair (All Wood) (Baby Product)
After a month of use, I am very pleased with this high chair. I bought two for my 2-year-old twins. They were easy to assemble, very sturdy, and seem to be made of high quality, durable wood. They clean up easily, and I think they are quite attractive. I love the dual-use high-chair, chair-and-table design.

My only negative is the shoulder harness, which would be improved if it attached to the chair at shoulder level, because then it might help kids from slipping around on this admittedly rather slippery chair. Instead, the shoulder harness attaches to the seat, and actually seemed to exacerbate the slipping problems. But now I just leave the shoulder restraints loose and use only the lap belt, and my kids don't have any more slipping problems on this chair. I know that a separately sold seat pad is recommended for younger infants to help keep them from slipping in this chair, but my toddlers don't need the pads, and seem quite happy now that we've stopped using the shoulder harness.

When my kids outgrow the high chair function, we'll remove the harness totally, and keep using them just as mini chairs and tables. They seem very, very durable, so I expect I'll be able to sell them when we are totally done and recoup a portion of my purchase price. With all of that taken into consideration, I think these high chairs are an outstanding value.

Edit: I deducted one star from my review because the tray on one of the high chairs broke after 4 months of use. Specifically, the clamp that holds it onto the chair shattered into pieces--haven't had any luck working with Amazon to contact the company for a replacement part.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best buy we made., 27 Dec. 2014
This review is from: East Coast Combination Highchair (All Wood) (Baby Product)
Quite well constructed and stable when baby is sat in it, the two major issues are ;

1) The straps should be fixed at shoulder height rather than down near the babies bottom. As this allows the baby to fall forward onto the tray.

2) Even with the padded cushion in place baby continually slides down in the chair, it would have been better if there had been a spar between babys legs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wooden highchair, 10 May 2012
This review is from: East Coast Combination Highchair (All Wood) (Baby Product)
If you want a good looking highchair that is also very safe, sturdy and practical, then this is a great option. It converts to a table and chair when buy is older so very good value for money too. You can buy separate inserts that make it more comfortable and the tray can be removed to position highchair at the table with you also.
It's easy to assemble and arrived quickly and in perfect condition.

East Coast Combination Highchair (All Wood)