5.0 out of 5 stars Stevo's thoughts
A brilliant box set, my order arrived promptly and I was delighted with the quality and presentation of this box set. All the DVD'S have pictures from the films on them and look superb in their cases. Watched "On Moonlight Bay" tonight and it was worth the price on it's own.
Published on 5 Dec. 2011 by Kindle Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
I like her singing better than her acting.
Published 7 months ago by Andy

5.0 out of 5 stars Stevo's thoughts, 5 Dec. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars good bargain positive deal, 10 April 2011
This review is from: The Doris Day Anthology Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I enjoyed very much watching these movies which are completely unknown to me.Doris Day is a superb actress matching glamour touch and humour.I recommend this item and seller's professionnal handling of my order .Good bargain,positive deal and item received within scheduled expected time.Bravo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just lovely, 4 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Doris Day Anthology Collection [DVD] (DVD)
If you want a bit of escapism u shud defo get this,I love old films and had always heard about doris day from my granny so I bought this and am pleased to say im now a fan I found some of the films a bit boring and lacking a bit of story but it was still worth it for the good ones its worth it i really enjoyed april in paris,on moonlight bay and by the light of the silvery moon.I have since bought more doris day dvds

5.0 out of 5 stars Day after Day, 21 July 2010
This review is from: The Doris Day Anthology Collection [DVD] (DVD)
It could be my age or a longing for yesteryear but if you love a nice movie with a couple of songs sung by a beautiful lady then look no further than Doris Day. For me she was the girl i fell in love with at the local fleapit in the fifties and sixties. If you want pure escapism you cannot go wrong with any of her movies and so far i have sixteen on DVD with the VHS waiting to be replaced. Many will probably say that the storylines are predictable and my reply is thats exactly what you get but you could leave these movies playing on your TV and not have to worry what children will see. If you want stars you cannot beat her Co-star listing and if you have never seen one of her movies you are in for a treat. Without DD where would the majority of todays RomCom starlets be and the advantage is she could sing how many could do that today not to mention the fact about her dancing skills and comic delivery. For me Doris is my angel who helps me forget the bad stuff,check her out you will not be disappointed...

4.0 out of 5 stars Not much to say really, 22 July 2010
This review is from: The Doris Day Anthology Collection [DVD] (DVD)
This is just one of those collections: if you like Doris Day and/or the early 50s musicals (I like both) then it's great - if you don't I suspect you should avoid it like the plague. Can only give the collection a 4 as although 2 of the films are good 5 star ones (Pajama Game and Lullaby of Broadway) the others are less good.

One advantage I have found is that unlike the DVD releases of the individual films which received very mixed reviews for their reproduction quality, the technical presentation of the collection is first rate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great selection but not great quality, 8 Nov. 2010
Bobbin (South Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Doris Day Anthology Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Bought these for my wife who likes Doris Day films.
Good selection of films but not great quality. Would have expected better on dvd.
Still a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 5 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The Doris Day Anthology Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Terrific films at just the right price. I found it most enjoyable. Good film on a Sunday afternoon, glass of wine who could want more.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to love about Dozza, 26 July 2010
FLB (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Doris Day Anthology Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I hate to admit this, but I am a big Doris Day fan (I am only 36 years old too). I had to buy this set, what a bargain it was......and to top it all off, now my twin girls aged 8 are Dozza fans too! Result! We can all sing the songs together now and drive my husband even more crazy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great films well restored, 9 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Doris Day Anthology Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my Wife's Birthday and she loves it.
Amazing value - a must for any movie fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Doris Day anthology, 15 April 2011
This review is from: The Doris Day Anthology Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Great collection of some of Doris Day's lesser known films. She always brought a freshness and enthusiasm to all her musicals, which makes watching her performances such a delight. Although remembered by many for her latter comedies, she had a voice the equal of the best of her generation of singers. Some of her later roles, not covered by this anthology, allowed her to show that she was also a fine actress. I am sure that this collection will remind her many fans of how good she was.

The Doris Day Anthology Collection [DVD]
The Doris Day Anthology Collection [DVD] by Jack Donohue (DVD - 2009)