5.0 out of 5 stars Episode List
SERIES 14 (15)
By The Magnificent Thighs Of Ernie Burniston (25 Oct 92)
Errol Flynn Used To Have A Pair Like That (1 Nov 92)
The Phantom Of The Graveyard (8 Nov 92)
The Self-Propelled Salad Strainer (15 Nov 92)
Ordeal By Trousers (22 Nov 92)
Happy Birthday Howard (29 Nov 92)
Who's Got Rhythm? (6 Dec 92)
Camera Shy (13 Dec 92)...
Published on 7 Sep 2009 by Frank Moyes

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling picture quality
I love "last of the summer wine" (if only they would finally release "First of the summer wine" as well) but alas, the BBC cannot be bothered to clean up the picture quality. For a set at this price, you expect some digital remastering or at least a better picture quality than a very fuzzy old video tape. This is a DVD after all and they can do miracles with old films, as...
Published on 24 Feb 2010 by Alice Saunders

5.0 out of 5 stars Episode List, 7 Sep 2009
Frank Moyes (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Last of the Summer Wine - Series 15 & 16 [1993] [DVD] (DVD)
SERIES 14 (15)
By The Magnificent Thighs Of Ernie Burniston (25 Oct 92)
Errol Flynn Used To Have A Pair Like That (1 Nov 92)
The Phantom Of The Graveyard (8 Nov 92)
The Self-Propelled Salad Strainer (15 Nov 92)
Ordeal By Trousers (22 Nov 92)
Happy Birthday Howard (29 Nov 92)
Who's Got Rhythm? (6 Dec 92)
Camera Shy (13 Dec 92)
Wheelies (20 Dec 92)

SPECIAL
Stop That Castle! (26 Dec 92)

SERIES 15 (16)
How To Clear Your Pipes (24 Oct 93)
Where There's Smoke There's Barbeque (31 Oct 93)
The Black Widow (7 Nov 93)
Have You Got A Light Mate? (14 Nov 93)
Concerto For Solo Bicycle (21 Nov 93)
Stop That Bath (28 Nov 93)
Springing Smiler (5 Dec 93)
There Are Gypsies At The Bottom Of Our Garden (12 Dec 93)
Aladdin Gets On Your Wick (19 Dec 93)

SPECIAL
Welcome To Earth (27 Dec 93)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOTSW 15&16, 30 Dec 2009
Robert R. Baker (Lehighton, Pennsylvania, US) - See all my reviews
The boys are at it again and are more hilarious than ever.
I enjoy watching each episode over and over again.
As an American (my mom was British) I love to see the English countryside and also get an insite to the British culture.
I'm waiting with baited breath for the next two series to be released.
Please be expediant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Last of the Summer wine, 5 Oct 2009
Mrs. J. Edson "monty" (England) - See all my reviews
it's about time it's taken over 9 month to bring out series 15 & 16 where is the rest will they take as long as this if so I will be a old man before I see the rest of the program come on we want the rest on DVD very soon as I will be buying all of the DVDs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comedy, 21 Nov 2009
The latest issue on DVD of this long-running series is a pleasure to watch over and over. It is genuine comedy without any of the stupidity that passes for 'comedy' these days and is suitable for all the family without being in any way dull. A great series and well worth watching.Last of the Summer Wine - Series 15 & 16 [1993] [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo, again and again..., 28 Dec 2009
Amazon Customer "Librarycop" (Alexandria, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I am an American. I was introduced to this fine show after my heart attack. I have always loved British humor and I was not disappointed with LOTSW. I had a number of weeks at home and I couldn't would wait until 1:30 pm to see the British comedies. I did my rehab glued to the TV. I purchased a universal DVD player and started ordering the series through Amazon UK. The newest series 15 & 16 does not disappoint. A few weeks after the heart attack, I had a cardiac check up. There was no heart damage. The Bible says laughter makes the heart merry. Could LOTSW have had a hand, hum...I wonder?

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Wine - the warm and funny world of geriatric schoolkids, 5 Jan 2010
Other reviewers have listed the episodes and praised this long running comedy series and I can only agree. Roy Clarke (80 this year) scripted every one of the episodes and they are full of warm and funny characterisations of eccentric Englishmen (and women) reliving their adolescence in the scenic splendour of Yorkshire's Holmfirth. As good as most of the other series are, this is classic LOTSW - Compo, Clegg and Foggy - acting the fool and Nora and the womenfolk lamenting their stupidity while perpetuating their own brand of the same. Timeless and addictive, this classic show has been running since the early 1970's and many of us have grown up - or old - watching it. Sometimes it seems like a well-choreographed pantomime in which each of the characters plays their age-old part, at others it seems like a soap opera - only with characters you can genuinely care about (unlike the mainly mean spirited and self-seeking characters of Eastenders or Corrie) but it is always welcoming and fun and there's nothing to beat it. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't it be wonderful ???, 3 Feb 2010
J. JOHNSON - See all my reviews
Wouldn't it be wonderful to begin each day as "The Three" do, and know that without trying you will undoubtely be involved in another great adventure ? I love this show and all involved , from Roy Clarke, the best writer ever, to all the great actors/actresses, directors and producers who are responsible for it . If the people involved were not enough the beautiful countryside of Holmfirth is enough reason to fall in love with LOTSW. As it were, however, I can just hear the theme song as the show begins and get that "wonderful feeling" which only "Last Of The Summer Wine" can give me . Others have said so many great things about the show that my obversations would only be a repeat, so I'll just say thank you all for LOTSW. I am an American and collecting/watching British greats , both comedy and drama TV are a passion of mine .

5.0 out of 5 stars Another release of the longest (and greatest) sitcom in the world, 12 Aug 2009
D. Williams (West Bromwich, West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
So here we are another boxset of LOTSW and when released wil be 10 months to the day since 13 & 14 was released, but lets down to the important part the release. Due to universal labelling 9 as 9 & 10 us brits are a series behind with our numbering so i expect this set to be series 14 & 15 plus the two x-mas specials these 2 series are from 1992 and 1993 and they include some of the funniest episodes from the 2nd batch of episodes which have the famous trio of Compo, Foggy and Clegg from 1990-1997, some of the episodes are wheelies, self propelled salad strainer, ordeal by trousers, aladin gets on your wick, springing smiler, the black widow and stop that bath which has given the outside world the image of a old yorkshire man hurdling downhill in a bath tub, another fantastic release, if universal havent missed out a series, hopefully the episodes will be passed by BBFC soon so will (hopefully) know the episodes soon.
With this release and the recent recommision of the show for a 31st series (that would be 32 on DVD) we are now currently halfway in the release of the show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Last of the Summer Wine Series 15 and 16, 12 Mar 2010
Mr. Peter C. Reuben (England) - See all my reviews
It was nice to go back a few years and see Foggy Compo and Clegg when they were younger. Although it appeared some sections were missing from the original show, it did not spoil the pleasure one little bit.
I now await the next Series 17 and 18.

5.0 out of 5 stars Howard,s birthday,and many mopre, 28 Oct 2009
R. K. Roberts "R.K.Roberts" (Gwynedd North Wales) - See all my reviews
I have only just received my dvd,s 15 and 16, already enjoying every episode on dvd 1, there isn,t a night goes by that i dont watch at least one episode of the old boys it really cheers me up endless, I cant wait for the rest of the series to become available,I must say I was very sad when old Compo went and ofcourse the mighty warrior Foggy, I havent heard if Peter Is still with us,I sincerelly hope so, I must say that anyone feels down,just put on any episode and I guarantee you will laugh your socks off with the antics of these wonderfull trio,and ofcourse the rest of the cast as well,they have done a great job in creating LOTSW, regards to all.... K.Roberts.Gwynedd

Last of the Summer Wine - Series 15 & 16 [1993] [DVD]