Colour: White|Change

on 10 April 2009
Got these after spending too much time washing me and my bike after off road rides. They are well made and fit fairly easily - although they are easier to leave on once fitted than remove depending on the weather. The front one is quite fiddly with little rubber bands around the frame. The rear one fits to your seat post. It can be easily removed, but leaves the fitting behind. Also - if like me you attach a rear light to the seat post, it will obscure it. Arrived reasonably quickly. A recommended buy.
on 10 September 2009
Both myself and my partner have purchased the same crud mudguards. They are genuinely very easy to fit and can be attached in under five minutes. They are fabulous for my partner's bike as it is a newer model with disc brakes. However, my bike is an 8 year old trek with cable brakes. The front mud guard's attachment interferes with the braking system and can't be attached, worth bearing in mind if there's anyone else out there with an older braking system. Once attached to both bikes, they were excellent when going over fairly rough terrain and I would recommend them to friends.
44 comments|8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 June 2012
These are incredibly easy to fit, I mean, literally all you have to do is fit the bracket to the rear guard by clicking it in, the you apply a piece of rubber around the inside of the little part that goes around your seat post and slot it in and tighten it up.
The other part is fitted using two 'O' rings that you stretch round your frame and clip in. Job done!

I've been out with my new bike three or four times now and I've came back relatively clean.

Plus! They look bloody good! My bike is white so I thought I'd go for a little contrast and add black :P

If you want to look cool, feel cool and be cool all whilst keeping clean, get these.
review image review image
on 7 November 2010
I added Mr Crud Urban Racepac Mudguards to my hybrid cycle. I often cycle in wet weather, and along the uneven/muddy towpaths alongside the canals through london. These were easy to fit and keep mud & spray off of me - whatever the conditions. Flexible that when knocked can just spring back into the correct position. The securing system means they stay fixed. Great value for money & should fit most hybrid/mountain style bikes.Mr Crud Urban Racepac Mudguard Set - Black Set
on 17 August 2008
I have used this product on my own mountain bike and that of one of may daughters, and they really are a top quality product. They protect you from the mud and water, and stay on whatever you throw at them provided they are well fastened on. Even down the motorway in a head-wind!
on 24 October 2010
The back mudguard is spot on the fitting was easy the extra lengh stops all splashback. it looks like the gaurd came with the bike .
the front gaurd again easy to fit I'am not as sure about. the two rubber bands
that fit the gaurd could have been more secure. I have a hybrid bike so A mudguard fitting in the conventional way over the wheel would not have been a option because of space . so a guard fitting up the frame had to be put on .
overall the crud catcher looks the part and the back gaurd works spot on the front one could be more secure but they are well worth the money in general.
on 2 February 2012
These mud guards are a must for any off roader! The day i got these it decided to pour it down (for once i'm happy that happened :) ) so i went on a ride. These took no time at all to fit (very easy) and they kept me clean from mud on my woodland rides. The missus loves these because she doesn't have to wash my clothes half as much now!! lol! I would definitely recommend these to anyone!
on 8 November 2010
This is a great product. Was extremely simple to fix to the bike!! Would recomend to anyone. The front guard was held on with elestic band, although that sounds bad it makes is very simple to take off and on. Back is held on with the standard clips which again is extremely simple.

Would recomend to anyone!!!!
on 1 September 2009
Arrived quickly and well packaged. Very easy to fit and works a treat. Keeps the mud off your back for sure. Well priced as well. Front only good if moving in a straight line, as soon as you turn the wheel your feet will get sprayed. But that is how it works.
on 17 September 2013
I haven't used a lot of mudguards yet and my experience is not very vast, however - I had similar mudguards on previous bike and didn't have any issues, so I assumed these will serve in a same way.

Although, I noticed, that when you speed up more than 18km/h - they do not save you if it rains. Your clothes still get covered in mud as from the front wheel, as from the rear. So be cautious - if you speeding on a bicycle, these are not perfectly suitable for you to give all protection.