Belkin Business Case for Laptops up to 15.6" in Black
Size: Messenger - BusinessChange
Price:£15.41+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 5 February 2011
2014 EDIT: Still rocking this bag 3 years later. What more can I say?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought this bag because I was sick of twisting my spine with over-the-shoulder bags, and already this is making a huge difference - the bag is extremely comfortable, even when worn for long periods of time.

I use the bag everyday, and I carry an NC10 netbook, a couple of books, notepads, stationary, a Canon P-150 portable scanner, and a collection of various cables. Even with all of that in the bag, there is still room for me to pack in my hat and gloves, and an umbrella on a rainy day. Basically, this bag is extremely roomy.

Quality-wise, I have yet to see any issues with the bag, although I have only had it for a few weeks at this point. My experience up to this point does seem to say to me that this bag should last a while.

Overall, I would recommend this backpack for anyone that needs to carry more than just a laptop - if you are looking for JUST a laptop backpack, Belkin do a slimline version that would probably be less cumbersome, but, as I said, if you're carrying anything more then this is the backpack for you.

NOTE: The bag itself doesn't look *exactly* like the image shown on the page. The black bit at the bottom bulges out a little, and the overall colour of the bag is really black, not the almost greyish colour it appears as in the picture. Also, the bag will only look the way it does in the picture when it is packed to its absolute capacity.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 13 January 2011
I wanted a bag that would keep my laptop clean and safe from damage at home when not in use, and this bag did not disappoint.
It is a nice snug fit that does not leave much space for the laptop to slide around inside and it has good padding on both sides and the bottom. It also only weighs a few ounces.
The zip only opens across the top and just around 3 inches down the side, so there's no chance of the laptop falling out when you unzip. It is a double zip that allows you to zip the bag up from both ends, and it appears to be quite sturdy and strong with good quality pullers made of metal and rubber coated.
There is a zipped pocket on one side that is big enough for A4 sized documents or the charger pack to be stored in, but no inside pocket.
It comes with 2 strong carrying handles that have a nice comfortable rubberised material around where you hold them, and a shoulder strap. The shoulder strap is held on by plastic and not metal fixings, so it may not survive too much heavy abuse, and it does not have any padding - just and adjusting buckle for length.
If you want a bag for use at home or the odd trip out in public then this will certainly be more than adequate. If you want one that's going be carrying your laptop each and everyday to work or college etc then you may want to go for something a bit more industrial.
For the [...] that I paid for this bag i think I got a bargain. it is more than adequate for keeping my laptop clean and safe at home.
Belkin F8N204EA Providence Street Case for Notebooks Up to 15.6 inch - Black

This case has all the pockets etc. that you'll ever need. In addition the internal 'holder' additional strap is cushioned & helps to protect your laptop.

I am disabled, so I use an external mouse (Logitech G5) and hard & soft mouse mats, in addition to these, the power supply, documents software discs and usb chips (will easily hold 6-9 depending on type.) Everything easily goes into this case.

Has the means to lock it preventing theft (external small-padlock is required.)

Laptop is an ASUS K50 series, 15.6" the widescreen.

I hope this review helps people, to select this excellent product that was promptly delivered.

Cheers

TCW
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 19 July 2011
I have found this bag excellent all round for the price I do not think you could buy better,so if you just want a case for your laptop and your AC plug and adapter this is the one.
on 24 August 2010
I looked at several cases before deciding to purchase this case from Amazon.
I am delighted with my purchase, the case is exactly right for me. My Toshiba laptop fits very well in the case and the front pocket accommodates the power lead and other small items. I consider this case excellent value for money.
on 23 January 2011
The outside material looks like suede on the picture, but it's actually quite durable and good looking textile. The bottom looks to be thicker (like rubberized) leatherette, so it won't soak-in any dirts, if you put it down in a train or so and it's also easy to clean, although the pads on the bottom are too wide from each other to support the laptop inside, so the bag won't really stand on them.
The odd thing with the leatherette handle is, that is sewed to the straps, so it leans a bit under the neck and secondly the stitching along should have been on the other side, as now it presses into your palm and fingers, if your bag is loaded, while the other side of the handle is nicely round, but you can't really hold it that way.
Zips work well. The straps are well padded and long enough even for tall figures.
Its two main compartments are spacious (wider in the bottom), with perfect padding around laptop. My widescreen 15" laptop fits in comfortably, leaving good 3-4" space above and there's still enough left for a flatter lunch box, notebooks, camera, and indeed adaptor&mouse.
There're couple reticulate pockets inside, the front compartment has holders for the keys, club-cards, pens and secure/zipped pocket. It's light-grey-brown from inside - making it bright and easy to find anything even in the bottom. Two smaller zipped pockets aside and one more flat in the front are very handy too.
on 24 January 2012
I am a very messy person and this only works for me because there are 2 areas of my life for which everything necessary has a place and is kept in it. 1 of those is my "e-Life" and this bag is a welcome addition to the physical gubbins which that entails. It is far more roomy than it appears and constructed in a way that gives me confidence that it can handle being stuffed full without any seams or zips giving way. I'd say the standout feature is the number of additional pockets and compartments it has over padded laptop space and document pouch you'd expect and the intelligent way they are designed.

On the front it has a zip pocket with a phone compartment inside which has a rubber eyelet for an earphone cable and behind this is another zip pocket. These are both constructed from multiple layers of fabric which provide additional padding. On the back is a large velcro closed pocket which is also an extra thick layer of padding. On the inside of the front flap is a zip compartment perfect for a charger and cable which has 2 small wallet type slots on it which fit USB sticks, dongles, credit card sized cards, etc. Below those are 2 larger pockets and, to the side, 2 tubes for pens. There is a standard document wallet on the front of the padded divider to the laptop compartment. This area is lined with the usual velvet and larger than strictly necessary for a 15.6" lappy, but it'd be a stretch to ram a 17" in there. The bottom pad is held in by velcro, so it can be removed for cleaning etc.

I think it looks stylish and the colour scheme can be matched amongst the current crop of computers and peripherals available such as HP Pavilion g6-1155sa 15.6 inch Laptop (Intel Core i5-2410M 2.3GHz, RAM 4GB, HDD 640GB, Windows 7 Home Premium) - Charcoal Grey (a slightly better version of which is available in red and black) Daffodil WMS335R Wireless Scrollwheel Mouse - 2.4GHz - AVAGO 5090 chip inside - Three-level adjustable DPI - up to 2000 DPI - 1xAA battery included and Kensington Duo Gel Wave Mouse Mat Pad with Wrist Rest Red and Black Ref 62402. The red tabs on the external zips are a particularly nice touch which seem to elevate the bag into the realms of "designer luggage" rather than just cheap and functional (both of which it also is). The only things I can find to complain about are that the carry handle has a seam on the underside against the hand, but it isn't pronounced or sharp, and that the shoulder strap, which is very comfortable in use, cannot be detached - minor points. No, if you want a comfy, secure and good looking stash for your mobile e-Life, get this...
review image review image
on 13 August 2010
I bought this bag to take my laptop, textbooks, lunch etc to college with me. I am not the most careful person with bags and this one really came into its own.
The bag is very sturdy with plenty of padding around the laptop pouch. There is also a generous amount of space in the main compartment for other things, and two mesh pockets ideal for laptop accessories - I was regularly taking 3 textbooks, a pad of paper, laptop charger, mouse and lunch and it all fitted snugly.
While the bag is very comfortable to wear, I found it could be quite bulky - particularly when packed with everything I needed. This isn't a huge problem, it just makes the bag feel quite unwieldy - I used to cycle to college a lot and was definitely aware that the bag was there!
The only other slight concern I had was that if it rained quite heavily, the bag wasn't completely waterproof. To be fair, I was out in substantial rain for a fairly long period of time, but there was a noticeable wet patch in the bag when I got home which is slightly concerning as water and laptops aren't a particularly attractive match.
Overall, for those like me who cycle a lot in all weather conditions, something completely waterproof and slightly less bulky would be preferable but otherwise the bag is brilliant and I would completely recommend it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 13 September 2010
Good value for money and plenty of room for storage of dvd, cd, and software. Can also fit mains lead and mouse in main storage area. Kept well informed on delivery status.
on 27 January 2011
Quite simply a bargain. Looks good, very cheap and enough padding for day to day use.

I can easily get my charger, headphones, mouse, mouse mat and a pad of A4 in there. Perfect for school, work and any travel.

Laptop is an Acer 5742.

Just buy it, it's the perfect laptop bag for any home/work user, and the strap is easy to dismantle and put on.

See one answered question