5.0 out of 5 stars Contemporary Metal that Will Become A Classic
I am a middle-aged wolf, who has been through the rise of Metallica in the 1980s, along with thrash and speed metal in the UK, US, and Germany. 5FDP came to my attention as an amazon recommendation. I usually shy away from new metal bands because I am set in my metal ways, I suppose. But I checked the band on You Tube and was impressed enough to buy the first two albums...
Published on 5 Nov 2009 by F. Camilleri

3.0 out of 5 stars Good album, but not quite as good as the first!
This is a fairly brutal album, the songs are on the whole, good. But there is a touch of cliche to the band and some of the songs could come across as slightly cheesy to some.
I would suggest the first album as the one to go for as that is the most true representation of the band and before they started being watered down by the record companies.
Still a good...
Published 22 months ago by Liam

5.0 out of 5 stars pure rock, 5 Oct 2011
Universo "djx" (leça do balio, portugal) - See all my reviews
at least one of best album dat i have. simply the best, wonderful voice and great songs. i recommend this album o love pure rock

4.0 out of 5 stars War is the answer, 16 Sep 2011
Brilliant album, better than I was expecting. It kept my attention throughout. Great beats and good riffs along with varied vocals

5.0 out of 5 stars Make war not love!, 17 Dec 2010
This review is from: War Is The Answer (Audio CD)
This album is a must for anyone who loves post-hardcore. The singing is excellent. The tunes are haunting. The guitars really rock. What else can I say? Try this band out and you'll never look back. I can't stop listening. Bring on the third album!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another old Wolf!!, 5 Oct 2009
S. Powell "Old Raven" (Norfolk UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: War Is The Answer (MP3 Download)
read the review below also!!
I read it 3 hours ago and downloaded this album solely on the words from the old wolf!
He was not joking!
This album has everything, believe me.
I grew up on Exodus, Slayer, Metallica and Anthrax.
This album makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, just like they did the first time i heard 'bonded by blood' by Exodus (When i was one of the pupps(18)).
Im now 40 and this has Echo's of Slipknot and Stone sour in places but does not need to be compared to them as it stands on its own!
As said below 'crossing over' is haunting in its darkness but i prefer the mayhem that is 'War is the Answer' with its Testament overtones!
Believe what you read, I have been Metal for 28years and I know must stuff.
Im now on my third listen in 3 1/2 Hours!!!!
Why are you still here? Go buy it!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as their first album, 10 Oct 2010
N. Thomas "tommo" (Rochester, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
If like me you thought The Way of The Fist was great, you may find this one a bit of an anti climax. It's not the worst album I've heard but for me a little too 'commercial' in places compared to the first one. Worth getting but hope they recreate the consistent form of their first album next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yup - they delivered, 6 Nov 2009
N. A. Davies (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: War Is The Answer (Audio CD)
I reviewed their last album with 4 stars, lots of complimentary words and a prediction the next album would be a 5 star effort.

Well, here we are, the new album is out, and yes, its five stars.

It rips through the same well ploughed field of brutal riffs, growled lyrics with sweet chorus. Throw in a few power ballads and we're almost done. Original? No. Ground breaking? No. But it's just so good to listen to. You get the feeling the band have defined their song writing abilities, and honed their musical performance to create near perfect hard metal.

In a field crammed with bands who churn out this kind of music, a band needs to stand above the others. Metallica did it for years, then lost it, then got it back again. FFDP may take their crown. Highlights for me, the title track, Dying Breed and No one get left behind. The music in places is lighter, more reflective, lyrics though, still acerbic as ever with an increasing political slant. With the death toll of American troops in Afganistan and Iraq eclipsing all the other allies together you can undestand the growing trend in music from Tori Amos at one end of the spectrum to this lot at the other end, expressing their dissatisfaction with the current situation. The loose concept of war and loss runs through this album, which when mixed with the passion and power of the music, leaves a powerful impression.

Great stuff from a band who depsite a silly name, deserve the same status as some of the 'bigger' metal acts

5.0 out of 5 stars FIVE FINGER! FIVE STARS!, 13 Oct 2014
Rebecca Carter (West Midlands Wolverhampton UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: War Is The Answer (Audio CD)
dying breed, my own hell, far from home and of course their cover of bad company are amazing songs they really are awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Brilliant, 20 Dec 2009
J. Clay "jimmyblade" (Sheffield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: War Is The Answer (Audio CD)
Having been a FFDP fan since they started out, I was slighty worried how they would top their debut album The Way of The Fist. However I had no cause for concern, this album is amazing. I am in two minds as to which album I actually prefer, I think if someone forced me to make a decision I would choose The Way of the Fist for no other reason than the song 'ashes' which is a personel favorite. Make no bones about it though this album is awesome in every way, great vocals, catchy riffs and haunting melodies. I would reccommened this album to any metal fan and if you havent already bought it their first album as well. Now all you need is to book yourself a week off work and rock your socks off!

5.0 out of 5 stars Words cant express how Awesome this album is!!!!!!, 22 Sep 2009
S. Gibbs - See all my reviews
This review is from: War Is The Answer (Audio CD)
Sooooo......Yesterday(The release day) i get the 1 hour bus journey into town to buy the new FFDP album "War is the answer" and i tell you what....Iv never had such an intense bus ride home!!!!!

The hole ride home, i was gritting my teeth,wanting so bad to get up and beat everything with my fists. THIS ALBUM IS AWESOME!

I find that alot of bands nowadays release a brill first album then go and ruin it with the follow up....Not in this bands case! Every track is Pumping, Even the couple of slower songs have the same effect!

Ivan really shows off this vocal talents on this album! From the hard roaring on "The dying Breed" to the beautifully written "Far from Home"

If you like your metal then.....Grab it without hesitation(as well as there first record: "The way of the fist")

This album is the best record to be released since...well...There first!

5 GOLD STARS aren't enough to rate this!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, 23 July 2014
This review is from: War Is The Answer (Audio CD)
very pleased with the cd, it arrived promptly, and plays good, cant complain!

War Is The Answer
War Is The Answer by Five Finger Death Punch (Audio CD - 2009)