1,018 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent speakers
Published on 15 Feb. 2010 by C. Edmond

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for a laptop or PC
I bought these speakers to replace my existing Trust PC speakers which I have plugged into my LG LCD 32" TV. The volume knob had started to become faulty, so I decided a replacement was in order.

Published on 17 Nov. 2012 by Mr. Bruce Gilbert

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent speakers, 15 Feb. 2010
C. Edmond "Deemy" (Oxford) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Z323 Speaker System (Electronics)
I did a lot of research before purchasing these speakers. I was tempted by the Logitech LS21 because of the price (my friend has them and I know that they are extremely good value for money) but since it was my birthday I thought I would spend a bit more and I was not disappointed. The sound is very clear and they can make a huge amount of noise. One warning would be that the bass can be very loud - stuff rattles in the room when the subwoofer is on max - but it is perfect for normal listening and can be turned off completely if you are worried about noise complaints etc.
Overall I would thoroughly recommend these speakers, excellent for a cheap to mid range purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech 2.1 Speakers Review, 24 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Logitech Z323 Speaker System (Electronics)
For the price, these speakers are a bargain.

Features: Design is a 2.1 (2 desktop speakers + 1 bass/subwoofer). The addition of a input socket on the speaker to connect an MP3 headphone socket (3.5mm, no lead supplied) connection is a nice touch. Additionally, you get the 2 x RCA phone sockets on the subwoofer for external audio input. Volume level on subwoofer (on top of the overall volume level) helps control the likelihood of a 'boom, boom, boom' type situation, and the degree to how far the bass sound travels around the house!

Wiring is simple - mains to subwoofer, one lead from subwoofer to each desktop speaker. The subwoofer is downward firing (doesn't matter bass sound is omnidirectional), and its ported (has a hole at the front to improve the movement of the air / increase the bass - put your hand in front to feel the air moving). The 2 desktop speakers have similar ports on each speaker.

One word of caution, these ports will be nice places for 'little-ones' to use, so beware. Also, the speaker drivers themselves don't have any kind of grills/covers, so again little fingers could easily mess with the drivers and damage them - the drivers are mainly made of stiff paper; that's how most speakers work!

The desktop speakers have a rear firing speaker, in addition to the front speaker driver and the port at the front. Therefore, be careful with positioning - they need to be against a wall/flat surface to reflect the sound out to the front be heard at their best - but most people would position them in this way.

Soundwise: very good for the price, there is a definite 'sweet spot' for the best treble to be heard, but due to the design, this would be in a good position for normal use in front of speakers viewing/gaming. They aren't house shaking, but enough to shake a single room at a time - may struggle with enough power for a house party, but they'll go a long way to fill one room with sounds.

Appearance wise: desktop speakers are 'piano black' which goes nicely with most monitors/TV's. Hide the subwoofer wherever under the desk. Also excellent use for second speakers for bedroom DVD / TV / x-box / playstation etc, or even to take in the car for a hotel room/weekend away (as long as you have access to mains power of course!). Forget your small laptop speakers, these will add a degree of treble and bass that you can't get from built in speakers. Good product.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for a laptop or PC, 17 Nov. 2012
Mr. Bruce Gilbert (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Z323 Speaker System (Electronics)

I was a little disappointed with the Z323, they looked the part but to me sounded a bit tinny. Obviously the subwoofer added base, but that left the part of the frequency spectrum lying between the speakers and the sub a little neglected, for my ears anyway.

I kind of knew I'd made a mistake when I saw the size of the box they came in (too small).

In summary, these are very good speakers if you're on a low budget and just use them for your laptop, maybe PC.

If you want better, wellrounded sound production, I.e HiFi, for TV, Film or Music, you'd need to pay more.

I think I was a taken in by the fantastic reviews and the 4.8/5 rating on amazon, without actually checking that they were suitable for my requirements.

5.0 out of 5 stars So powerful I think I'll never use that much!, 28 Feb. 2010
L Rosa - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Z323 Speaker System (Electronics)
This product is fabulous. It is so powerful that I never tried the higher volume and I have music in my entire room. And for the value I really recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent System, 2 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Logitech Z323 Speaker System (Electronics)
The stereo speakers are quite good, didn't notice anything wrong with them. The backfiring drivers make it seem like there's no difference whether you're standing in front or behind the speakers. The subwoofer also brought a new dimension to my music (as I didn't have one before), the bass control at the back is very useful as tweaking is needed to balance the subwoofer and the two other speakers depending on what is being played. The volume on the speakers can be very loud to be able to not hear them from outside my room, computer volume has been set at 50 and the control on the speaker turned below 25%.

However the subwoofer is also a major criticism, it doesn't clearly define bass sounds most of the time. The sounds are spewed out together in a rumble, can't tell the difference from one to another. However sometimes it does define sounds clearly but not all the time.(Only noticed this after listening to a 5.1 system)

Aside from that, the system is what you pay for, average. Nothing special but nothing particularly bad. Main highlight personally would be the bass control and backfiring speakers. Allows you to tweak the strength of the subwoofer and listen anywhere in the room.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great volume for a bedroom, 30 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Logitech Z323 Speaker System (Electronics)
I bought these speakers based on the fact that an old housemate had the cheaper lower range ones, which were fantastic. I thought I would spend the extra few quid and get a slightly better pair of speakers, with a nicer finish. They are very good, if what you want is to just have you music a little louder than your laptop or phone will go as the volume is fairly decent. There are only a couple of minor issues:

1. Depending on the song / album the speakers tend to play predominantly out of either the left or right and this is never well balanced, so it sounds like only one speaker ever works at a time. I don't mind this too much but it can be irritating, especially if your speakers are separated from one another so you have to walk over to the other speaker every time just to check that the wire isn't loose.

2. The wire connecting the speakers to my laptop is very short. In comparison to the lesser model of speakers it is much shorter by around a metre and a half.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for price and size. Ideal for students, 7 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Logitech Z323 Speaker System (Electronics)
I bought these to take university and they are yet to disappoint. For it's size the subwoofer is very powerful although it is worth noting that if you like your bass crisp you will need to play around with the EQ on an ipod and the bass volume setting to reduce the 'woofiness' of the bass. However for the price and the fact that the subwoofer is very compact you cannot expect any less warbling, but yes, it is there. 5 star is perfection, this minor flaw is the only reason I gave them a 4.
Their simple and slick profile means that they look good on your desk too.
The big question all students want answered is "can they entertain a kitchen full of pre-drinkers?"
Yes. With ease. At a higher volume the higher frequencies can stand out a bit but this, as mentioned before, can also be easily rectified by fiddling with the EQ setting on an iPod.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sub-woofer makes R-A-T-T-L-I-N-G noise, on BOTH units I tried., 27 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Logitech Z323 Speaker System (Electronics)
Let me start my review by explicitly stating that I am not an "audiophile". I can certainly distinguish "good" sound from "not-so-good" sound, but I don't give consideration at any length to various frequency ranges and how well sound systems represent them. It's fine if that's your thing (everybody needs a hobby), but my point is I'm far from an expert in the field.

Secondly, I'm also not someone who expects the world's best speakers for a mere £30. However, like many, I bought these speakers because they seemingly provided excellent value for money (especially for the low, LOW price of £27-99 I managed to grab them at) and because of the strength of the Logitech name (whom I own and have owned many peripherals from, such as mice and headsets).

With that caveat out of the way... whether a speaker system cost £30 or £300, it's not unreasonable to expect the sub-woofer to not to start to make a very noticeable rattling sound when playing back certain bass frequencies, past a certain volume level. In my case, playing back a typical hip-hop song with windows volume set to 50%, and the speaker volume dial set to 50% (bass dial set to 50%), which IMO isn't that loud, resulted in a VERY NOTICEABLE rattling sound coming from the sub-woofer, which could be heard along with the music. If I turned the volume up higher, the RATTLING GOT LOUDER and could still be heard! I initially thought perhaps my floorboards/table were shaking, but holding the sub-woofer in my hands made no difference. As far as I could tell, nothing was loose on the outside of the sub-woofer, nor loose inside.

A quick Google and I found a few other people out there complaining of the same thing.

I'm someone who gives people and companies the benefit of the doubt, and realise that sometimes things go wrong, and perhaps something got shaken about a bit too hard in transit or maybe I just got a slightly "wonky" set. So, I arranged an exchange with Amazon (whom to their credit sent out another one IN SUPER QUICK TIME, TY!)... new speaker system arrived... EXACT SAME PROBLEM.

Hence, I'm left to conclude that the sub-woofer rattling problem is not just unique to a handful of unlucky customers. However, since there are so many positive reviews for these speakers here at Amazon, and no one I can see has complained of the same problem (at least here at Amazon), perhaps the problem applies only to newer, more recent production models. Perhaps a quality control issue then. Whatever the cause, even for the bargain price of £30, I think such an issue is pretty unacceptable, and on that basis must score this Logitech speaker system 1/5.

Incidentally the speakers themselves I thought were pretty great - certainly sounded much cleaner/clearer than my old Labtec set-up. I do wish the drums had grills over the tops though. But in any case, great speakers or not, it doesn't much matter when the sub-woofer keeps on rattling! :(

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Logitech Z323 Speaker System (Electronics)
Well what can I say, not any better than my old dell 2:1 speakers..the bass is a bit over the top sometimes on certain songs, and the bass knob doesn't help in this situation! Doesn't seem to handle some powerful kicks very well either you can tell the poor satellites are stuggling. Don't be lured in and tempted by the positive reviews as I was expecting better, certainly at this price! However on a more positive note they are not bad looking at all if you're a fan of the glossy/piano black colour. They are a bit bulky but that's not an issue if your desk is big as they are just going to be sitting there. To sum up my review..you get what you pay for..

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 6 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Logitech Z323 Speaker System (Electronics)
Other, smarter, people than I have already talked technical specifics, so I'll leave that out of this review.

I bought these speakers to replace a set on my PC that came with it and I hated. I'm a year on with these and they're doing the job - I don't regret them, but I'd struggle to advise them. They look a bit cheap, although to be honest I'm not overly bothered by this although I know others may be. I just feel that there's probably better speakers out there and I'd be willing to shell out a bit more for my next set.

If you're not sat at your PC a whole lot, just want something that does the job and is within budget, this'll do.

Logitech Z323 Speaker System