Most helpful positive review
155 of 158 people found the following review helpful
What Do I Want In A Mouse?
on 25 April 2010
When looking for a mouse to by I considered many things:
1) LOOKS. And nothing beats this mouse, nothing beats this colour. It hasn't got dirty or worn off, as it's made from a good kind of plastic. The nano receiver is tiny. Also no annoying red light shining from the bottom of the mouse.
2) FEEL. Clicking is fine, scrolling actually feels nice lol, my only complaint is that it took a little while to get used to the middle-click (scroll click). You can also use the scroll to go left and right. The mouse is not too small (I have larger than average hands and find it nice) but not something you can't put in a bag with your laptop. It's pretty perfect. Oh and it also doesn't weigh much - in fact the 2 batteries are probably most the weight! Much better than a USB mouse or touchpad.
3) WIRELESS SPEED/RESPONSE/PRECISION. Instant. I'm a bit of a gamer, so I was a bit worried about the tech because of the nano receiver (which by the way is TINY) but it's instant. Seriously perfect. Don't be deceived by other mice being "better" for gamers.
4) RANGE. Very good. How far away can you really be from a laptop to see the screen still? Some metres? It'll work fine.
5) SURFACES (GLASS, CARPET, UNEVEN SURFACES ETC). No problem WHATSOEVER. I often lie on the floor watching TV and on my laptop (what a life lol), so I was a bit worried about this but not a single issue. It also glides across surfaces nicely.
6) BATTERY. I haven't had it that long, but it's been several months and no problems. They supply the first 2 batteries as a little bonus. I like the replacement way, it's pretty sweet. I think this is better than rechargeables though, as you don't have the stupid issue of a "dying battery" and it's not much of an extra cost to buy a couple batteries every 15 months. OH YEAH there's also an on-off switch which is nice.
7) PRICE. Well, this is pricey, but in my opinion well worth it. Simply the nano receiver alone won it over for me because I was worried about the damage to my usb slot with constant in and out of USB mice.
8) COMPARED TO OTHER MODELS. Don't bother with anything more expensive. There are several 'M' ranges and 'V' ranges... I can't see how they will be better/different to this so seriously don't bother.