4.0 out of 5 stars Comparison with MX Revolution
I bought this to replace a MX Revolution that was dying after five years of heavy use. My first impression is that this is a downgrade in many respects, but only a small one. Here are points to consider for other people moving from a Revolution:

The same
--------
- The shape and feel is roughly similar. If the Revolution fits your hand, this should...
Published 22 months ago by Simon Waldman

3.0 out of 5 stars Let down by poor battery life.
This is a fantastic mouse, superbly weighted, comfortable in extended use, and extremely well designed. The configurable buttons are ergonomically placed for ease of use, the switchable scrolling is intuitive and quickly becomes a 'must have' feature. It glides around the desktop, and as it says, works on glass and other reflective surfaces.

The only...
Published 18 months ago by Trip

‹ Previous | 130 31 3239 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse, but the MX Revolution "drives" better, 7 Jan 2011
Emanuel Gaspar (Falkirk, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech MX Wireless Performance Mouse (Tracks on Glass) (Electronics)
This is a very good mouse.

I owned the previous MX Revolution. The left click started acting up, so I purchased its successor, the MX Performance.

The Revolution had a bulky charger and a huge USB receiver.
The unifying receiver is a heavens-send, as I also own the Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 and they both work off the same (tiny) USB dongle. The fact you can charge it straight from your computer and continue working is really natural and smart.

It's a big mouse. Some people will find it cumbersome at first. I had my girlfriend use the Revolution and she kept saying how big it was. But after a few weeks, she really enjoyed the sense of "control" you get with a large mouse.

I feel the MX Revolution had a better fit to my hand. And the second scroll wheel was something I grew to absolutely love, and am now missing in the Performance. I have used it on a lot of different surfaces and I can say, the tracking is superb.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great mouse. I can only hope the successor of the MX Performance will take the best from its predecessors and finally deserve the 5 star rating.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best Workstation mouse., 21 Dec 2010
Walk into a room full of CAD users, and this is likely the mouse you will find on every desk. Far from perfect, and in many ways not as good as the mouse it replaced - the Logitech MX Revolution - the Performance MX mouse is by far the best mouse available for serious users needing a mouse for CAD, graphics, CGI etc.

Compared to the Revolution, the Performance has obviously been subject to a very harsh value engineering exercise. It lacks the intrinsic feeling of quality of Logitech's previous top-end products (panel gaps, general finish, feel etc.) and charging is done via a USB socket as the neat charging cradle of the Revolution mouse has been dropped.

This is my third Performance MX mouse, they last me about a year or less, but I'm a heavy user - 8 hours per day. Not sure how many clicks-per-day that is, but it's a lot.

This mouse tracks well on most surfaces (I haven't owned a mousemat for years), is precise, and is *just* large enough for my mitts (I'm 6,1). I can use it all day without RSI issues.

One word of advice: avoid installing SetPoint if you buy this mouse. It's a bloated monster and I've never need the supposed extra functionality it claims to provide - the mouse will work perfectly without it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Logitech MX Performance, Hmm! not quite but nearly., 21 Dec 2010
My old Logitech Lazer 1000 has done me well for many years and now the mouse wheel has started sticking to the point that I can't bare it anymore and the lazer wasn't working so well on the desk top. Looked around at all types of mouses (more so for gaming)but by the reviews, the gaming mice had thier faults so I oppted for this mouse being of the same make, shape and with all new improvements I thought it would fit well in my hand and be as good. Fits better in my big hands, tracks across the desk with ease. I like the changeable dpi at a click of my right thumb (set-up in the opptions).

No More rechargable docking station which makes for less wires and plug. They give you a lead now which plugs from your computer into the mouse to recharge which seems ok "but" with all the new improvements why did they not keep the good old battery life, the MX performance has to be charged up every one/two days compared to my old laser 1000 which would last for 4 days easy. So now I have almost gone back to the thing I wanted to get away from - corded mouse.... why old why did they give it a rubbish battery?.

So far though, apart from the poor battery life the mouse seems good for what I need. A good battery and it would of been 5 stars.

Just one more thing, My palm at the back on most mouses rubs on the table and gets sore (I have bigish hand), would be nice to see mouses have some support there to stop this. At the moment I use an old cloth to stop the rubbing. Did think about a track ball mouse but without trying one i'm not sure if it would be for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Mouse, 16 Dec 2010
A.M. (Moscow, Russia) - See all my reviews
This is a really good mouse, it really is. It's comfortable for long sessions at work or leisure. The scroll button is ace and all the other buttons are in the right place. There are better mice out there for casual users (i.e. this one: Microsoft D5D-00028 Wireless Mobile 4000 Mouse)

The only downsides I can see are this:

* It doesn't work too well on some surfaces for me, I don't know why. My home desk isn't so great, but the sofa is fine (!).
* It's way too pricey.
* It really needsto have a hidden compartment to store the usb connection stick. It's a bit of a pain to carry the 2 things around separately, and one day I just know I will lose the usb which will render my expensive mouse useless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech MX Performance Mouse, 15 Dec 2010
Brilliant mouse, had the earlier version until the battery died. I read all the reviews including some not very favourable but took the chance that I had never had any problems with any Logitech products which I bought. Couldn't be more pleased with this mouse, it does everything that is claimed and I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a new wireless/wired mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 8 Dec 2010
I work from home and spend all day using this mouse. It is very comfortable, highly responsive and generally a great product. You charge it via USB and can still use it while charging, which means use is uninterrupted.

I am very happy with it, it was well worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Performance Mouse?, 30 Nov 2010
For the last few years I have been using the Logitech Revelution Mouse and have been very pleased with it and did not think of changing it. I then purchased a Logitech wireless keyboard with the Logitech unifying receiver which was not compatable with the mouse. On reading the various reviews on the performance mouse I decided to upgrade. Firstly I found that although I am a home user my use of the computer is light. This new mouse had to be charged virtually daily and this is definately a downgrade from the Revelution mouse, I also found that it is too small for my big hands and I have to be very careful as I keep hitting the wrong button. As you can probably tell I am not a computer geek however I think this mouse is definately not as good as the Revelution and the charging system should be looked into by Logitech. I think that this mouse is overpriced and I wish I hadn't purchased it, I will now only use it as a stand-by.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, just missing one thing, 28 Nov 2010
X. Cordero "profesorx" (California&London) - See all my reviews
This mouse is a great product and the dark-field makes working anywhere painless. It can be charged through your computer via included USB. The only thing missing from it is a volume control button. However, you may rededicate any of the buttons to do so through the included software. Another minor flaw lies in its ergonomic design. It tends to make ones hand fall off to the right side. Otherwise, this is a worthwhile buy; especially if you are looking for a new product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb gaming mouse, 21 Nov 2010
P. Bower - See all my reviews
This mouse is very comfy and easy to use. It feels great in my hand, and the responsiveness is amazing. The programmable buttons are also very easy to use and makes COD a lot easier :P

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech MX Performance Mouse (Tracks on Glass), 15 Nov 2010
Faisal Ihsan (Glasgow, Scotland,UK) - See all my reviews
Using it from a month without any problem, The great thing of this mouse is that it uses rechargeable 'AA' battery. In last model it was fixed and my mouse battery died after a year

‹ Previous | 130 31 3239 | Next ›