on 8 July 2010
Having been in the IT industry for almost 10 years and using a computer for 8+ hours a day, a good ergonomic keyboard is a must.
I've been usiung this for 2 months and it has not disapointed.

I have previously owned 3 wireless keyboards by Microsoft and Logitech and this is by the far the best. It never loses signal like some, even as a gamer when holding down a key for minutes at a time eg:SHIFT to Run, or pressing multiple keys together.

In terms of ergomonmics while typing i have never used a better one, the only one that comes close is the original wired Microsoft 'split' Natural keyboard and that relied on adapting your typing if you used another keyboard. Which was a problem this neatly sidesteps that problem.
The subtle 'wave' of slightly recessed keys for your longer fingers works like a charm. I'm amazed no one else has had this feature yet.

The software that allows you to configure the media and shortcut keys is easy to use (though you should download the latest version from the Logitech website) and allows you to customise these buttons to do almost anything. eg: open a program, a series of keypresses and more.

Finally a great feature is the tiny USB reciever which allows you to connect to other compatible logitech devices and barely protrudes from the USB port.

I would thoroughly recommend this keyboard to anyone. The only bad thing I could mention is it's footprint which is large, so anyone with a small desk may not like it.

UPDATE: 3 years (next month) on and this is still working perfectly, despite being used heavily every day the action is still perfect and the letters have not rubbed off. A well built product, that lasts!

UPDATE #2: Almost 5 years on. Still used daily and works as it did on day one.... They do still build them like they used to ;-)
on 25 January 2012
I bought this keyboard as part of a desktop set in 2010 and it worked perfectly, straight out of the box.

I noticed the difference immediately as my wrists were no longer sore when working and the keys were very responsive. I love the media keys on the keyboard as it's so much easier just to press a key on the keyboard than to keep using the mouse.

After about 10 months, some of the letters started to rub off on the keyboard, which is not a problem for me as I am a touch typist and use the keyboard for about 6/7 hours a day. A little while after that, I noticed that some of the keys weren't as responsive as they have been, esp. the keys under the little finger, i.e. a, p, q, etc. I initially thought it was my fingers that weren't strong enough until someone else who has the same keyboard pointed out that these keys were quite stiff. I think if I were not a touch typist and press very lightly on the keys, I would not have noticed this at all.

I contacted Logitech who replaced both keyboard and mouse within a week of me contacting them, so customer service gets 5 stars from me.

I would have given it 5 stars, but for the fact that I had to have it replaced after only 16 months but 5 stars for the 3 year warranty as well.
on 5 May 2011
A previous reviewer pointed out the size of this so I wasn't surprised but it's definitely a luxury keyboard, not a portable one. It takes a bit of practice to get used to all the options but with most of them it's definitely worth it. I really like the calculator button; I feel like one of those accountants who keep a pocket calculator in their drawer and pull it out for quick sums while using their computer--it's that handy.

The luxury point is worth underlining as it's extremely comfortable to use. And the wireless capability is absolutely superb--incredibly easy to set up and fires through walls as if they weren't there. Naturally, typing through walls isn't a great idea, but you can use it in conjunction with a projector VERY far away from your computer. I also have the mouse and they work together great. Switching them between computers is intelligent and painless, too. Highly recommended.
on 14 May 2012
I really wanted this to be good. I have been rejigging my pc workspace and having previously had a wireless MX Laser mouse by logitech I up graded to the Laser Mouse Pro and this keyboard to take advantage of the unifying receiver and to free up a USB port.

Slight word of warning about adding devices - each receiver, although it can take 6 devices, is initially only set up for the one that it comes with. I was setting up both devices at the same time and used the mouse receiver (luckily) as you need to add the extra devices through the setpoint software which is mouse controlled! The setup is very straightforward - just click the add device , switch the device off and on and away you go.

I got this from the Logitech website for £30 and thought I had a bargain. Unfortunately the keyboard has not been a success as it fails to register keystrokes. I thought it was teething troubles but it seems more fundamental, keys are missed, some don't seem to register at all (backspace and delete are particular culprits ) and it seems to lag and buffer so that I will type something in, look at the screen, and it will (maybe) appear on screen after a delay minus a few letters.

It's well built but my experience whilst it may be a minority is not unique and there are others with similar issues as I have since discovered.

The 4/5 star reviews here may mean I have just been unlucky and the mouse has been rock solid and I'm happy with that.
on 11 February 2012
I have been using Logitech wireless keyboards / mice for about 12 years now, and in that time I have had 2 sets. The first was the 'original' wireless desktop where the mouse had a ball! - the second the MX1000 desktop, which I have been using for about the last 5 years. This has given me great service, and is still fully working (I changed the mouse battery a couple of years ago) but I decided it was getting a bit tired and needed a change.
I plumped for this keyboard after seeing what Logitech had to offer (Nobody makes them as well!) The reviews were favourable, I wanted a keyboard with 'real' keys and not a laptop-style keyboard, and I really like the unifying receiver because that meant I could pair it with a mouse of my choice (I chose the Performance MX mouse Logitech MX Performance Mouse (Tracks on Glass))
I am a software engineer, sitting at a keyboard all day, so a comfortable keyboard and mouse are essential for me, and this doesn't disappoint. The feel of the keys is excellent - softer than many other keyboards out there but still with a positive action so you know you have actually pressed the key.
As others have said, it is quite large, but no larger than the majority of top-end keyboards, and a similar size to my MX1000 keyboard - with the added benefit of the rest on the front.

I was so impressed with this and the mouse I got to go with it, that I bought another set and took it to work!

It looks like this model is being discontinued now, so grab one while you can - you won't be disappointed!
on 1 December 2012
I have the Microsoft ergonomic keyboard. Thought it was the best thing around.

Whilst this keyboard probably isn't as ergonimical in the sense of wrist/carpal protection, it is close.

It also has as many tweaks/tricks as the MS one, and like all the reviews surmise - much easier to get to grips with.

Having one of these at home, and a MS one at work, I don't really sense too much of a difference but I do like the feel of the keys on the logitech more. Of course it is newer, but I'd probably buy another one of these - especially as it as all the add-ons the MS one does, and a couple more.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 June 2012
I've been using a microsoft ergonomic keyboard for years but wanted to make the shift to wireless. I decided on logitech as I wanted to pair it with a wireless darkfield mouse for use on a glass surface. I was expecting something similar in size to the old keyboard so wasn't put off by the dimensions. I haven't tried a wave form, curved keyboard before so adapting to the slightly different layout took about two weeks (for a touch typist). It is very comfortable to use, the padded palm rest is just right. I love the big buttons for adjusting zoom level and volume. Other handy shortcut keys include alternating between windows, bringing up 'my pictures' itunes and media centre. I'm using these more than I anticipated. I've always had a keyboard with a calculator, so I'm glad logitech have included this feature. I also like the big text appearing at the bottom of the monitor when I turn caps lock on/off, bring up the calculator or engage mute (these are just a few examples). You can turn this feature off if you find it too intrusive.

Wireless was very easy to set up, even with my crappy old computer! The keyboard is solid and well-made, I don't see any signs of the lettering wearing off, it seems very similar to the lettering on my microsoft keyboard which has lasted over 10 years. My keyboard shelf is a standard 60cm wide, which is a bit tight due to the unexpected size of the darkfield mouse but the keyboard slides very easily to the side and overhangs the shelf to free up more space!

Very pleased with my purchase and would buy again.
I've had this keyboard since 2010, so it had been over 3 years in my procession.
I really love using it daily. There's not many keyboards out there that offer such a great means of media access.
I find the use of the buttons at the top of the keyboard, alongside with the programmable F keys, makes this keyboard one of the best media keyboards, ever built.
The Logitech Setpoint software also complements this keyboard by allowing you to define how you what the keyboard to behave.

The only disadvantage of this keyboard is the fact that it is a little cranky and noisy. This is especially noticeable when one is typing at full speed.
Another thing to consider is its actual physical size. It is a big hefty keyboard. However, all in all it is a brilliant keyboard, one that I feel should be in front of every desktop that uses media functionalities daily.
on 20 December 2011
After being used to the solid feel and solid feel of the old wired keyboards I had wasted money on other flatter softer feel boards and have to say they pailed into insignificance compared to this beauty....I love this keyboard so muh I ordered another because I don't want to chance this being discontinued and not being able to replace it, the keys have the same high profile of the older wired keyboards and have a positive feel too....yes the board is big but I found the ergo shape is amamzingly good..... I love it,
on 11 April 2012
I was quite happy with this keyboard as it does exactly what its supposed to do and the shape and size is great for long hours of typing. The only downside, and this is a shame since I really like this keyboard is that now after 9 months of use (gaming and typing) the keys are starting to stick. There now is a higher resistance to push in the keys and it throws you off while typing or gaming. I haven't had any other trouble with this keyboard whatsoever and the letters still look like new but all this has been ruined by the fact that this keyboard doesn't seem to be made for long use or lasting longer than a year. I'm a big fan of Logitech's products but now I'm going too look for something else. If there are any typos in this review I blame the keys.
great shape bad keys.