4.0 out of 5 stars Compact and stylish.
Does what you would expect. Frees up some deskspace rather nicely with its small footprint and gives you a larger than latop-style, but still compact, keyboard.

Likes:

1. Logitech quality.

Published on 9 Jan 2010 by A. B. Mcmullon

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this keyboard if you are a prgrammer!
Published on 25 Feb 2011 by marchaos

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact and stylish., 9 Jan 2010
A. B. Mcmullon "Skypilot" (Sedbergh, Cumbria) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Logitech K340 Wireless Keyboard (Electronics)

Likes:

1. Logitech quality.

2. The general feel of the keys is good - slightly cramped so that initially it's hard to be precise, but you do largely get used to that. Fast touch typists might prefer something more traditional in size though.

3. Freedom to move the keyboard anywhere you like, within range. Can sit back in your chair with the keyboard on your knee if you like. It's also handy with the laptop, or the media PC in the lounge as it is very easy to move the USB receiver and pug into another device.

4. Rubber feet mean it doesn't slide around on the desk and stays firmly where you put it.

5. Red background beneath the keys looks cool!

6. Compact footprint frees up space on your desk.

7. 3-year battery life claim (yet to be proven!)

Dislikes:

1. No adjust rake setting on the keyboard. I would prefer to have more of an incline and find it a bit too flat for accurate typing - strange that this wasn't included as it is a standard feature on most keboards.

2. Glossy black finish attracts fingermarks and dust - easily wiped but still a big mistake!

3. Logitech® Unifying USB receiver a great idea BUT annoyingly doesn't work with my Logitech MX 620 wireless mouse. Should be more universal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent HTPC keyboard, 30 Mar 2010
Robin Marlow (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech K340 Wireless Keyboard (Electronics)
Previously I had a pretty apple aluminium bluetooth keyboard but I just couldn't get it to work reliably in Linux. This worked immediately (including in the bios) & without flaw.

I'm not sure if I would want to use it as my main keyboard as the keys are a bit soft & squidgy - but that's a personal thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good keyboard, but still some room for improvement, 2 May 2010
This review is from: Logitech K340 Wireless Keyboard (Electronics)
The keyboard is great because:

1. Cordless: the freedom it gives you is fantastic.
2. Compact : not too big, not too small.
3. Stylish : back to black!

So far so good ... But I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because:

1. There is no adjust rake setting on the keyboard, and I miss the incline!
2. There is an indication light for Caps lock, but none for Num Lock.
3. Unfortunately the Logitech® Unifying USB receiver does not work with my Logitech Logitech V320 Wireless Optical Mouse).

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this keyboard if you are a prgrammer!, 25 Feb 2011
This review is from: Logitech K340 Wireless Keyboard (Electronics)
I bought this keyboard after reading the stellar review, but instantly didn't like it. Firstly, if you are a programmer, you will find the positioning of the keys annoying, especially the navigation keys. It also feels very cramped, and to be honest, doesn't feel that great when typing. The other annoying thing is that I have a VX nano mouse, which isn't compatible with the "unifying" usb dongle that comes with this keyboard - what's up with that Logitech.

Going to return it any try to find another wireless keyboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and Bijou, 27 Nov 2010
LegendaryMrDude (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Logitech K340 Wireless Keyboard (Electronics)
If you're in the market for a compact, relatively lightweight, fully featured, wireless portable keyboard then look no further than this little beauty.

In a "piano black" finish with a hint of red (underneath the keys), it certainly looks the part. But looks aren't everything. There are a couple of things that set this full UK keyboard apart:

- Size. It's small enough to fit in my laptop bag, along with my laptop, powere supply and other rubbish, which means that I can always type confortable on a proper sized keyboard, no matter where I am. It also means that I've reclaimed a bit more desk-space when I'm using it.

- Wireless perfrormance. the Logitech unifying receiver is a great invention. I've used other wireless keyboards in the bast, both bluetooth and proprietary and the latest offering from Logitech beats them all hands-down. Pairing is simplicity itself and the range has been excellent. The receiver is tiny enough that you can happ[ily leave it plugged into the USB port of your PC/Laptop but should you worry about losing it there's even space to stow it away in the battery compartment of the keyboard - a nice idea.

- Battery life. Wireless keyboards that I've had before have eaten batteries like there's no tomorrow. While I don't quite believe the claims of up to 3 years on a single set for this keyboard, it's already lasted longer on a single set than any of my previous keyboards (more than 4 months). The fact that it's got an easily accessible on/off switch helps with this, particularly when it's in the laptop bag.

- Construction and overall feel. The key press has a very nicec action, soft without being "wishy-washy" and positive enough that you know you've pressed it. It's not as noisy as some keyboards either, there's much less of a click than others, so it shouldn't be as annoying to those sitting nearby.

ON the down-side, to get it so small, Logitech have squeezed the keys to keep them as close together as possible without making any of the main character keys any smaller. This is most noticeable (to me at least) when using the Cursor, Delete, Home and End keys as they've been shrunk quite a bit from what I've been used to on a full sized keyboard. It's something that you will get used to after the first few hours, but even several weeks on I was finding myself missing the keys I wanted - mainly because I'd still been using a full-sized keyboard in the office.

Others may be disappointed by the lack of angle adjustment on the keyboard - there's no way for you to change the rake/angle of the keyboard, no legs to flip out on the underneath. I imagine this is to recude the number of things that could break off in transit. I haven't found it to be a problem though - there's a slight rake in the keyboard anyway and I've found it very comfortable to use.

All in all, I'm very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech wireless keyboard K340, 18 July 2010
Anita "Anita" (Cardiff, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech K340 Wireless Keyboard (Electronics)
As a touch typist using a laptop keyboard sometimes presents a problem as it is difficult to maintain high speeds. However, this Logitech wireless keyboard is the answer. I would highly recommend it. It is compact,well structured and easy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but could be better, 6 Jan 2011
This review is from: Logitech K340 Wireless Keyboard (Electronics)
This keyboard is very compact (slightly larger than a standard laptop's) and yet it feels quite natural to type with. Despite the slight adjustment I can still type at a very quick rate.

The wireless capability of the keyboard is excellent as it stops you having wires all over the place and the USB receiver is tiny. The software associated with the USB device is literally plug and play although you do have to download additional software if you are using the keyboard in conjunction with other Logitech wireless devices. Yet this was extremely easy to do and instructions to do so was provided in the manual that came with the product.

Visually the keyboard is very sleek and is in glossy black with a red panel underneath the keys. It looks slightly techy and futuristic although this is marred somewhat by the fingerprints that occur everytime I use it. However it is easy to clean but is still a minor annoyance.

The reason why I'm giving the keyboard only 4/5 is because it does not have a Num Lock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock indicator which although only a slight fault, is still shocking to see in a modern day keyboard.

Overall I am very satisfied with the product and it was well worth the £30 or so I paid for. This reinforces my view that Logitech is a very good brand for computer accessories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, good companion to M505., 21 Jun 2010
Joe Robey (Derby, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech K340 Wireless Keyboard (Electronics)
I bought this to use with a M505 mouse which I would also recommend. Now I have to Nano receivers so I leave one in my laptop and one in the USB hub of my screen, they work great and I have never had an issue and neither have ever disconnected. The keyboard has a good compact layout and seems to have everything but my only complaint is that the function for volume up and turn off the pc are next to each other!!!! So one little slip when your listening to music and want to crank it up and the laptop goes to sleep. Not clever. I guess the button could be disabled but it is useful. I cant find any other marginal flaws. I dislike half height arrow keys but these are just right at about 0.7 times normal key height. Excellent quality and good finish, It doesn't show fingerprints badly and looks professional. It also has a very smooth bottom so good on your lap. I also find the natural rake of the keyboard is ok. I cant pick any faults really and I am sure it will prove to be a durable product.

4.0 out of 5 stars The only keyboard to buy (except for hardcore gamers) !, 10 Aug 2011
M. James "Starman" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech K340 Wireless Keyboard (Electronics)
This is one helluva keyboard! Terrific tactile feedback, CapsLock indicator light, unbelievably long battery life, sleek with an exceptionally small foot print (the smallest I've come across), wireless, unifying reciever (perfectly matched if you have the M705 mouse), superb range from the tiny reciever, the list goes on...
One thing to note though is the compact form factor - may not be for everyone (odd placement of Del key, small arrow keys, etc).
I've deducted 1 star for 3 minor short comings:- One- the first unit I received developed a defective Capslock indicator within a few days of purchase - made me wonder about the long term reliability, Two- for the 3-key-combo dysfunction (when 3 keys are pressed at a time) that other reviewers have mentioned - no good if you're an avid gamer & strafe a lot, & finally Three- the lack of incline adjustment (what were they thinking?!!!).
If there's something more I wished for in this little beauty, it's, 1- a wider, proper hand-rest area & 2- backlit keys (but that would mean a trade-off with battery life). So until Logitech comes up with something more revolutionary, I'll gladly settle for the K340.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent keyboard, well worth the money, 10 Dec 2010
A. N. Ward "Andy" (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech K340 Wireless Keyboard (Electronics)
I purchased this keyboard to save some space on my desk and to tidy up the cables. Intially I didn't like it as it is very flat and the keys didn't feel as distinguished as they normally do on a separate keyboard.

However, after a week of using it I find that I can touch type more quickly than on any keyboard I have used and I have used it a lot as I tend to be at my desk working for periods in excess of 12 hours! I find the action of the keys perfect. Just a sharp click but with little pressure to get them to press. However, I still do find it a little difficult to locate the Ctrl and Alt keys when touch typing.

The keyboard has two AA batteries so when it does run out of power it should be easy to replace them. They keyboard has a faint red glow under the keys (which is actually just red plastic but it catches the light) which is surprisingly pleasant.

In addition, the media keys that were present on my full sized keyboard (e.g. play, pause, mute in media player) are still present on this keyboard, but now require a press of the function key first which is fine as I don't use them often.

The thing I really like is the universal receiver, although I wish it worked with all Logitech mice using nano-receivers (one I bought less than a year ago didn't work with it). Apparently they only work with peripherals displaying the red 'universal' star. This aside I do really like the universal receiver. I bought a second mouse (so I could keep one in my laptop bag) which is universal compatible and therefore I can connect any laptop I use to the wireless keyboard and mouse simultaneously simply my moving the receiver between laptops. This means that the laptop and mouse stay on the desk and I can use any laptop in the house at my 'docking station' when I want to use it at the desk. This is much easier than the mouse and keyboard I used to have on a USB hub.

Highly recommended.