5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product
Published on 15 Aug 2011 by V. L. Barchha

1.0 out of 5 stars Not nearly as good as the Angelcare - Bins comparison
I have been using the Angelcare bin since my 3 months old's birth, and got this Tommee Tippee bin for free with the Amazon Family membership if I purchased a box of bags. I thought I would give it a go and compare which one was the best.

Published 22 months ago by Sylvia

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 15 Aug 2011
This review is from: Tommee Tippee Sangenic Nursery Essentials Tub (Baby Product)
I have used one of these for 2 years now and have just bought another for the new baby's nursery. Personally I think they are excellent as they prevent numerous trips up and downstairs with dirty nappies to the bin. Also they are very easy to throw the dirty nappy and wipes into one handed while holding onto wriggling baby on a changing mat with the other, much better than bags in practice! I do appreciate what others say about the smell, you need to empty them every 3 days or so as although good they can't work miracles with a 4 day old pooey nappy! But then again you wouldn't consider leaving your kitchen bin without emptying it for a week and expecting no smells! Excellent and I would say fairly essential product.I have never had a problem with the cost of the cartidges especially if you buy several at a time off amazon (each cartridge lasts about a month with 1 baby).

1.0 out of 5 stars Not nearly as good as the Angelcare - Bins comparison, 6 Jan 2013

To start with, I didn't like the shape as much as the Angelcare's as it is lower to the ground but much wider. Therefore, it takes more room in my tiny nursery and I need to bend over to open the lid and push the nappy, which is something I would happily avoid while changing a wriggly baby.

From the second nappy, I was shocked by the smell coming out of the bin as soon as I opened the lid (keep in mind that my baby only poops once a week, I can't imagine what the smell would be if your baby poops several times a day!). The bin or the bag don't keep the smell locked in like Angelcare does.

The Angelcare must be emptied more often, however the Tommee Tippee can waste more bag as the system used to push the nappy in is very soft. It is easy to push the nappy in too quickly which in consequence pushes in more material than necessary. I prefer the clamp mechanism from the Angelcare than the soft rubber stripes from the Tommee Tippee.

To sum up: takes valuable space in my nursery and bending required. Easy to waste bag by pushing the nappy too far before twisting. Very smelly even when nappies are wrapped tightly individually.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely rubbish, 11 Dec 2012
I bought this item in hopes it would make life with a very young child a little more streamlined. The product ended up being hard to use - but for the feature of storage i could live with that, what was in-tolerable and led to this getting hurled in the bin was that fact that on day 2 the smell in my baby's room could only be likened to that of a septic tank gradually getting worse. This product is meant to keep smells locked up and no matter how much the nappies were wrapped it stunk - and every time you opened it - it took all i could muster to not throw up.

Whoever is considering this save your money. DO NOT BUY THIS> Just get a bucket and empty every day or a Nappy Pail from Boots. SAVE YOUR MONEY

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for younger babies, 4 Jun 2014
I first used this for when my daughter was a lot smaller and needed her nappy changed more often. It saved time to keep going to the main bin in our kitchen on the ground floor, especially as we were on the 2nd floor. It was also great as it stored the nappies in smaller compact shapes. However I found as your baby gets older and starts to eat solid foods, the nappies started to get smellier. When the lid is closed its ok but once the bin lid is opened it does let out a very high stink. I have had to wash it often and used bin odour eaters, but still the stink is pretty strong. So recommend this for younger babies but not once they are older. Still a great idea though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the other Tommee Tippee nappy bin, 2 May 2014
I have no idea why this doesn't work as well at hiding smells in comparison to the other Tommee Tippee bin. Liners are exactly the same. Spend a bit mor for the other one, it masks smells better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 12 Jun 2014
A must buy item! Highly recommended. Great quality. Buy a pack of refills too. If you are thinking about what your essential nursery items are, this is one of them.

2.0 out of 5 stars The bin, 10 May 2014
I thought it was ment to be you cant smell the nappies as much and i can still smell them so thats let it down. Other than than its goos

3.0 out of 5 stars Used for first few weeks, 4 Jan 2014
We used this a bit at first but to be honest it's not really worth it, newborn poop doesn't really smell much so you just bag them up and get them outside when you can!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin., 30 Dec 2013
Works well, easy to use and change the plastic refills. It's much easier to use than messing around with nappy bags and definitely gets rid of any nasty smells!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great thanks, 10 Dec 2013
Got this as part as black friday- was a great deal. Great product- highly recommend it. Will be so useful!

Tommee Tippee Sangenic Nursery Essentials Tub