5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic little mp3
when i ordered this player i was looking for something cheap to use in the gym as my main player is a bit too bulky, i was expecting something plastic and awful.
Published on 27 Mar. 2010 by C. Brough

3.0 out of 5 stars Sweex mp3 player
Seems a nice piece of kit. However as I use audio books I bought it for the feature ''It has a soft-off function, which allows the player to remember playback position.'' This is not the case, it always goes back to the beginning, which is no good if you have listened to a few hours of audio and would like it to remember this place.
Published on 2 May 2010 by T.G.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic little mp3, 27 Mar. 2010
C. Brough (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I find myself very pleasently suprised, the body of the player is all aluminium and it feels very sturdy indeed, the buttons have a good feel to them and seem quite solid, the clip itself is very strong and i can't see much chance of it falling off at any point. The sound quality is also suprising for the price, it's much better then i expecting it to be and the volume is very good, it's almost hard to believe that something that small could be that loud. thus far the battery life seems to be a good 4 hours or so too. One thing that doesn't seem to have been mentioned before that i found quite good is that there is an LED on the top that flashes to let you know when the player is playing or paused.
If you're looking for something to replace an Ipod shuffle then this probably isn't for you, the sound quality doesn't quite compare, but if you're looking for something you don't mind breaking at the gym, it's very good indeed and i would highly recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended Product., 5 Aug. 2010
J. Cunningham - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweex MP302 2GB Clipz MP3 Player - Red (Electronics)
I bought this MP3 player mainly because I wanted something on the cheaper side for when I run.

From a running point of view this is perfect - the weight of the device is so low that I've never had an issue with it when running, very light indeed.

There's a spring-clip on the back so you can secure it to your clothes - doesn't seem VERY tight, but it's tight enough that I'm satisified my MP3 player is secure.

The standard headphones you receive with the device aren't fantastic, but I could say the same for most included headphones.

I'm more than happy with the Audio quality at this price and the battery life is very good also.

My only complaints are:

1) No Screen+no Random play - tracks will play in the order they were placed on the device, in the same order everytime. Not really an issue to me but others might not like this.

2) Because there is no screen you've no way of telling when the battery is about to die and it just dies suddenly. Although the fact there is no screen in the first place probably means the battery lasts alot longer anyway. And it charges from a mircro USB ( cable supplied ) so there really is no excuse not to have it charged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, 5 Oct. 2010
This little mp3 player has exceeded my expectations. It feels robust, it is child's play to operate and put music onto, and the sound quality, for what it is, is excellent.

No you can't see a list of tunes and choose what to play, and the sound isn't going to match the hi-fi setup in the living room that cost hundreds of pounds! But it costs less than a pub lunch for two, it's featherlight, it clips securely to clothing or bag, it does the job it was designed to do (in my opinion, faultlessly), and it looks really cute too (I 'splashed out' on the gold one!)

Take it out of the packet, plug it in to your computer's usb slot, open it as you would a memory stick (My Computer then open the appropriate drive), open your music folder and simply drag and drop the tunes from one to the other; it really is that easy. Unplug it from the computer, plug in the headphones, switch it on and press and hold play for a few moments and there you are, music! Tunes are played in the order they're loaded, so if you want a different order, just re-load them - it only takes a few minutes for loads and loads of tunes.

It really is the size of a large postage stamp. The headphones it comes with are absolutely fine, and there is little 'leakage' of sound at comfortable volume. The off/on switch is labelled with embossed self coloured letters (that is they're white on a white background!) which makes them almost impossible to read, but it's not a problem at all as you can tell if it's on by the red light that shines on one edge, and anyway you simply use the proximity of the usb cable socket as a reference. The instructions are almost non-existent but the only thing you need to know is that play is press and hold for a moment; just pressing as you might expect to do doesn't produce any sound.

There is what's known as a 'soft-off', which as far as I can gather means you press pause (the play button, but just a quick press, not hold) but don't switch it off. This does mean you can recommence listening at the same point, but of course the battery will continue to drain very slightly. Switching off and on again does reset to the beginning of your tracks.

Amazon as usual came up trumps on delivery. The order was placed on Friday morning and despite choosing free delivery, it arrived in the post on Monday morning.

4.0 out of 5 stars not too old yet, 9 Feb. 2010
lovely little gadget - like a bulldog clip - clip onto pocket or lapel. Very small and indiscreet. Easy to transfer music files from PC to MP3 player - no probs even for a silver surfer!!! Great when waiting around in hospital waiting rooms. Now I understand why the younger generations are so keen. Quality music anywhere and no weight at all. Wish I had one when a teenager!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Sweex mp3 player, 2 May 2010
T.G. (Norn Iron) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars this ia a very good MP3 for the cost, 10 Nov. 2010
I have heard mixed reviews about this little beauty and I just want to say I am very impressed with it as it looks so much like an IPOD Shuffle and plays just as well, I love the colours that these players are avilable in and 2GB is excellent storage the only down side is that it takes a lot of time charge fully around 6 hours but not too much of a problem if you charge overnight

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but basic, 10 Mar. 2010
It looks very cool and small, and can clip onto your t-shirt. If like me you use mp3 players mainly while out it is fine. I use it while it while cycling and the sound quality is pretty good. The battery life is also good about four or five hours. However, you can't randmize your music and you can't select individual playlists, you pretty much put music on it and play. That's fine for me but some people may not realise it hasn't got those features.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic MP3 for the gym, 1 May 2010
This is my first MP3 player and the design is great for the gym. The earphones are comfortable and stay in and it's tiny. The sound quality is pretty good considering it only costs £13.99 - it's not an iPod but better than I expected for the price.
One criticism though - the instructions - or lack of. They are written so small you need a strong magnifying glass - or reading specs on top of contact lenses in my case(!) then all is says it what the knobs are for, which I'd worked out anyway. As an MP3 novice I'd have liked a bit more information but my long suffering children helped me out. We thought it wasn't working at first because we didn't realise you have to press the play button for a couple of seconds for instance - if only it had said!
All in all very pleased with my purchase - it's very basic, just forward, back, volume up and down. All I wanted was something to take a playlist of random singles and that's what I got.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect and easy, 19 Jun. 2010
Mr. Nicholas A. lunn (yorkshire uk) - See all my reviews
Sweex MP300 2GB Clipz MP3 Player - Black
perfect small mp3 player bought for my son and was so easy to use unlike some others just plugged it in to comp with usb lead provided and whilst me and my son put his mp3's on it charged it self up.
it has very clear sound and is easy to use no silly buttons to flick back and forward and also has an off/on switch not one of the time out versions that waste battery life it charges through usb cable so can be charged through any usb connection for easyness well worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars So far so good..., 25 Feb. 2011
I received my package from the nice postie today. I only had to wait a few days to receive it, which was nice. I wanted to buy a cheap mp3 player to play lectures and other religious stuff on there. Despite some of the negative experiences of some customers, I went and bought it, hoping that it wouldn't be a faulty one.

So I opened the packaging...which seemed a lot. No, seriously, A LOT. Make sure you use kitchen scissors and NOT nail scissors like I did. I ended up cutting myself int he process. It seems kind of ridiculous to have that much packaging.

I then managed to prise it open and found a printed page from the founder of sweex. I thought that it was a sweet thought and it did make me laugh but it was a bit odd, y'know?

So anyway, I opened up the instruction manual after reading the first page. The instruction manual is 23 pages long. The English version of how to use it...is 1 page. No I am not kidding, one measly page. But seriously guys, read it carefully. And anyway, if you fancy learning a new language, you can read the different translations whilst the music is uploading.

Now comes the music bit. I plugged in the USB cable which came with it and my laptop recognized it as a removable device, so basically your average memory stick. I copy and pasted the selected folders, removed the USB cable, put the headphones in, pressed play and waited. Nothing.

I then put the USB cable back on, hooked it up to my laptop again and deleted the files. I then uploaded them one by one. Plugged in the headphones, pressed play. Nothing. So then I went on Google and did some research. The Sweex website is as pointless as their manual; avoid it at all costs. I went on discussion pages where people were mentioning using drivers and disks. At this point I was ripping my hair out and was on the verge of giving up.

But then I went back on amazon, whizzing through the reviews on it hoping...no praying that someone had written something on the matter.

Success! One amazon reviewer saved both my day and my hair. So here is how you put music from your computer to the mp3 player.
Step One: Plug it in to the USB slot. The chunky end goes into the computer side, the thin end goes into the mp3 player.

Step Two: Some computers/laptops recognize new things being added on. It may either automatically pop up, but if not, go on My Computer and have a look at the Removable Devices. My removable device icon was a picture of the mp3 player.

Step Three: Open this up and then go onto your music folders, DRAG AND DROP the selected folders from your computer to the memory stick. It'll automatically copy it. DON'T COPY AND PASTE LIKE I DID.

Step Four: Remove the USB cables, insert the headphones, switch the 'on' button and press hold for a few seconds. There will be a a red light that will flash on right next to the 'on/off' switch. This will help you.

Et Voila! Music should drift through. Now a word of warning. You'll have to press hold and play whenever you switch the stupid thing on. That's a bit annoying.

So anyway, I've only had the product for 2 hours now. I just hope that it doesn't die on me :|
Oh and the myth about teenagers being 'tech savvy' is wrong. I'm a teenager and I was confused beyond belief!