Colour: White|Change

on 24 October 2010
We own both this model as well as the older model (purple top). Although both do the job of making diaper disposal easy and mess and odor free, the new model is better in most regards.
Pros
- Less use of plastic in the disposable cassette. The old model was a real environmental criminal
- Tighter packing of the diapers. We can easily get 20+ small diapers in the bin, almost twice as many as the old model. Further, there is a lot less bag used (probably 50% less) per diaper in the new model because of the improved wrapping technique
- No need to push the bag down to create a new drop zone for the next diaper - the lid takes care of that task

Cons
- There is still a lot of waste in the plastic cartridge
- The knob to turn the bag is a lot easier to use in the old model

Hints
- Turn the knob two full turns. It uses almost no extra bag but helps to create a nice tight "sausage"
- Push the diaper down far enough so the plastic fingers grip it - this will ensure that the bag twists above it
- When you tie a new bag, loop it into the bag hook under the lid. This will make sure that the first few diapers don't fall all the way to the bottom, wasting bag.

Update: May 24, 2011: As the baby grows older (over eight months now), this bin has turned into a real disappointment. The room that it is in has an odor, and opening it is displeasurable, and the odor that is present in the bottom (when taking out the "sealed" bag) is an eye-watering experience. I don't know of a good alternative, but since it is not doing its job very well and the inserts cost an arm and a leg, I'm knocking off two stars, so four stars down to two. I have no problem paying for things that do what they advertise, but this fails.
44 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 October 2009
I like this product because it does what it says -- makes nappies go away. There are a few of these on the market, it was tough choosing among them. But the Tippee sangenic one is great.
a) easy to open with one hand
b) easy to put the nappy into (although you do have to push it in ALL the way)
c) our baby is almost 6 weeks old and we've gone through three of the bag cassettes, so you don't have to refill that often.
d) no smell
e) emptying easy, just pop the top off, unhook the bag, and dump it
f) easy to reset it once you've followed the instructions (even my wife can do it)
g) easy to clean, we just have some antibacterial wipes, the whole thing is smooth plastic so you can just wipe it and go.

Only thing I wish is that the bin attached was 50% bigger; you do end up emptying the attached bin just about every 3 days or so. But I guess there's a tradeoff between size (you can sneak this pretty much anywhere in the nursery) and my laziness.

Good product.
on 3 January 2016
We didn't have this product for the first two years of our child as I wasn't prepared to pay so much for what it is. Having been to visit a friend with a new born I decided to get one as nappy bags in a sealed bin didn't do the job for us for such a long time. We've been using it for 8 months now and it's a huge improvement, enough for me to pay the extra for the bags. If you stick to the system and make sure you give it a few twists it will serve you well and not smell.

I don't agree with some reviews saying as your child gets older it can't handle the meaty beasts produced by their little monsters, either they are not using it correctly or it's down to the bin having a shelf life before it starts to absorb odours. I know we went through about 3 cheap plastic bins in the first 2 years as the plastic begins to stink no matter how much you clean it.

As I've seen others mention the lid could be better designed, it sometimes comes off when you open the lid. Also I find the design of the lid annoying, you can't have it against a wall and open as it has to go all the way over, so it always needs a foot of clearance around the edge.
on 3 January 2011
I had read mixed reviews, but I have to say this was one of the best baby items I have bought for making my life that little bit easier.

Easy to use, very basic but does the job perfectly.
on 29 November 2015
I am very pleased with my purchase.
The bin is good size and can hold around 4 days worth of nappies with no smell coming outside. It is simple to open and use. Just be careful not to let it overfill as the top would start to lift up.
The cassettes are very easy to replace and keep the odour locked in, unlike standard nappy bags which we tried in the past.
In my opinion the product is a must have for any new parents.
on 28 April 2014
I keep this in my bathroom however if you don't remember to twist the cassette after every nappy, doesn't help much with keeping smell out! needs to be emptied regularly. A cassette normally lasts a month. I liked the fact u get a few cassettes with the nappy bin, still going through mine
on 30 December 2009
If your objective is to dispose of used nappies quickly, hygienically, and cleanly, look no further: this is what you are looking for. Your bin will never smell like a toilet and it is very easy to use and maintain (replacing cassettes and so forth).
on 22 November 2013
The tommee tippee sangenic nappy disposal bin, it's ok it don't completely get rid of that smelly nappy smell, it smells like a public baby changing room, and I think the cartridges are a lot of money for what they are.
on 16 May 2014
The bin came quickly and is fairly easy to use. It seems good value and is less faff than using nappy bags. I would totally recommend. The only negative is that it is quite small and has to be emptied fairly often.
on 26 September 2014
Absolute rubbish! We were changing the cartridge every 2 weeks - it was costing us a fortune! Now we buy nappy sacks from the supermarket for 45p for 300 and use this as a nappy bin! Don't buy it, it's a gimmick!