5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little camera
I bought this to make little mini-documentaries for the internet, but it's become something I carry around at all times. It's easy to use, the picture quality is fantastic and the battery life's pretty good too. I've no complaints about sound, either. But what really makes this stand out is its durability.

I keep my camcorder in a case I got with an old still...
Published on 9 Sep 2011 by Masque duFae

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners
Firstly, This video camera is good for beginners in the video making industry. However as a product in itself it is terrible. I found that when I was recording, and then playing it back on my computer I saw faint coloured lines appear across the screen.

Published on 10 Feb 2010 by J. Rogers

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little camera, 9 Sep 2011
This review is from: Aiptek PocketDV AHD A100 720P HD Camcorder with Digital Camera / Voice Recorder (Electronics)

I keep my camcorder in a case I got with an old still camera. I attended a bonfire on the beach one evening and filmed some of the shenanigans around the fire. The next morning, though, when I came to review the footage, I couldn't find it anywhere. Retracing my steps, I returned to the beach and found the wriststrap of the camera poking out from the ground. Panicking, I dug it up with little hope of ever getting it working again, as the case was full of sand and the camera covered in the stuff. I duly brushed the sand off and switched it on. Not only did it work, but it has continued to work as if it had never been involved in such a mishap, even a year later! For reliability, I don't think you can beat this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little camcorder, 23 April 2010
Think its a lovely video camera, does what it says for a good price, have used mine whilest skiing and its been fantastic!
Would reccomend it highly!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Camcorder, 27 Mar 2012
Mr. P. Tripcony (Cornwall U.K.) - See all my reviews
Got this one some time ago for my daughter to go on holiday with, neat, slips in the pocket, easy to use, and good on the move good quality footage the battery lasts quite along time but I got a spare battery for a fiver. Uses SD card and I had a 8gb card with a back up spare of 4gb my daughter went to paris for 5 days and had loads of footage on the cards. a few gripes the zoom is a bit stuttery and the zoom control is a press up and down which is not thre best. also no lens cover is supplied and as ther lens has no shutter you need to be aware of that, in a pocket or bag also no case supplied. also the video clips are in MOV format which is a bit of a pain on computer only opens with quicktime, but the software it comes with works okay. But I would recommend it for youngsters, its great for anyone that does not like the idea of a big camcorder hanging off them. and also fun to use!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 11 Jan 2012
I Bought this for my mother for Christmas. I was getting a little tired of seeing still photographs of her cruises and though she might like this.

Its very compact and pretty straightforward to use.
It maybe feels a little cheap, that odd sort of silver plastic always does.
The picture quality is very good for such a small cheaper camera and it comes with a vast collection of cables to connect to most current tvs and pcs.

My only complaint would be the quality of the zoom which is a little jerky.
Other than that its a nice easy to use video camera that can be operated easily by mums all around the world.

Bring on the holiday vids ma.....

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners, 10 Feb 2010
J. Rogers (England, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

Secondly, It has NO image stabilizer, so everything that bumps the camera WILL appear on the video. The zoom is terrible and jumps infront instead of slowely zooming in and out. If your looking to make tutorials (e.g standing infront of the camera, you will need to buy a seperate microphone as this picks up sound terribly.

Last but not least, the videos record in .MOV (Quicktime) which is bad for audio. Eventhough the product details inside the box said it came with converters... I couldn't find the disc. The sound however IS stereo.

I give this product 3 out of 5.

Please Note: I got my camera from Argos, so it may be different to the one advertised here.