5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent vacuum cleaner
Very pleased with the cleaner - works very well and was delivered quickly by the supplier.
Published on 11 Mar 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Comes with a five year manufacturers warranty
Just bought one of these vacuum cleaners, so far very impressed, far better than the VAX we previously had. One thing that doesn't get mentioned on any websites is that it comes with a manufacturers 5 year parts and labour warranty, all you have to do is register it by sending in the warranty card or over the telephone. Makes it even more outstanding value...
Published on 6 April 2010 by D. Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars Comes with a five year manufacturers warranty, 6 April 2010
D. Taylor (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung SU6760 Fido Multi Cyclone Vacuum Cleaner, 1800 Watts (Kitchen & Home)
Just bought one of these vacuum cleaners, so far very impressed, far better than the VAX we previously had. One thing that doesn't get mentioned on any websites is that it comes with a manufacturers 5 year parts and labour warranty, all you have to do is register it by sending in the warranty card or over the telephone. Makes it even more outstanding value!

Update: after six weeks the cleaner packed up, smoke started coming from the rotating brush section and the brush stopped going round. Phoned the retailer who put us through to Samsung, then the problems started. Samsung customer care is a joke, they out source the repairs to another company. They send a courier round to collect the cleaner, which means you have to take time off work to hand it over to the courier...that is when the courier gets to you, it took them three attempts on seperate days to get to our house! Once it gets to the repairers then trying to find out progess is a nightmare, although Samsung have a website where you can track progress, we found that the website didn't show the true status, told us our cleaner had been repaired where in fact they hadn't even ordered the parts. Finally, when we did get the cleaner back they had left some parts off, so now the tool holder on the back of the cleaner is missing. Also the cord rewind switch had come loose in the packaging but managed to fix that myself, although my wife nearly threw it away when discarding the packaging. Made a couple of calls to Samsung and have been told that the repairers will call me back but they never do.

Revised scores: vacuum cleaner performance: 5 stars. Samsung customer care: 1 star. Overall rating: 3 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent vacuum cleaner, 11 Mar 2010
Amazon Customer (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Good-but with niggly problems, 8 Oct 2011
Needed a new vacuum, and after reading the reviews bought the Samsung, even though I dont have pets.

Pro's; it vacuums the floor which is either medium thickness pile carpet and also wooden floors. Ample accessories to cover every job in the house.

Con's; After only 2 uses the drive belt in the small detachable unit broke. Replaced it with a Samsung belt and after less than 5 uses it broke again, also it is barely effective with the replacement belt. With regards to the extending hose it isn't flexible enough and the knuckle joint on the vacuum is too restrictive. As a warning be careful if using the hose to clean DOWN the stairs as it may fall over and give you a knock on the head when it come to join you. Also when using the hose at anywhere near it's maximun length I am getting a piercing screech which is unbearable.

Would I recommend this vacuum, no! Would I buy it again, no!

1.0 out of 5 stars poorproduct and poor quality service, 9 April 2011
After just 4 months old the motor ran excessively noisy and hot. When using the short hose attachment the vacuum must remain absolutely level. If it tips even to a small degree, which it did with us, it melts the fibres of the carpet.i contacted samsung and the vacuum was returned and as a previous review states it is collected by a third party who send you a plastic bag. It is then picked up by a courier and taken away for inspection. we were told it would take a week. We were told by samsung there was no manufacturing fault but out of goodwill they would replace the motor which seems strange to me if no fault why replace something. They also pointed out that the vacuum must remain level at all times otherwise damage can occur to flooring ! The vacuum was returned after more than 4 weeks in a plastic bag and with one of the brackets smashed off!
I have since tried to contact samsung regarding this problem but they refuse to acknowledge or reply. I thought samsung were a good company which is why i bought this brand of vacuum. However after this level of service I will think twice before buying anything made by samsung. I have disposed of vacuum due to its poor performance

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Fido vacuum cleaner, 11 Mar 2010
Mr. G. R. Jones "Draig goch" (Merseysice UK) - See all my reviews
This vacuum cleaner does the job for which it was designed i.e. cleaning carpets. It does the job well.

1.0 out of 5 stars uimpressed, 6 Oct 2012
Found it to be like driving a tank around !!!!! the extension nossle to short,
i found i kept on pulling hoover over when using !!! utensils usless. Smells like burning when using!!! dont buy

1.0 out of 5 stars do not use on hard floors!!!!, 26 July 2011
We bought this vacuum after reading positive reviews however it has left deep scratches in our parquet and karndean floors!!!

I'm trying to resolve with samsung, however after a month of the vacuum being away it was returned today with no repairs made. According to the service centre Samsung instructed them to return it with nothing done. I guess that this means that it is non fixable and just a design fault as the wheels are made of too hard a material. The vacuum is therefore not fit for purpose.

I'm not going to use it again and will be pursuing samsung for a refund and repair of my floors!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fido, 20 Jun 2011
Very impressed so far the pale new carpet has never looked so clean. You wouldnt know we have 3 dogs and 2 cats.
Can thoroughly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware, it's a dangerous hoover!!, 16 Mar 2011
I purchased this Samsung hoover six months ago to replace a Vax one which, although I was completely satisfied with, had completely broken down and was no longer available to purchase. I immediately found the suction on this new Samsung one excellent, as well as the ease of use in emptying the bin etc.

HOWEVER, I soon discovered how dangerous the hoover was when using the hose attachment! Even when hoovering just a short distance away from the hoover, the appliance completely tips over backwards; the first time hitting me on the back of the head. There have been countless occasions since when it has toppled over and either hurt me or fallen over onto any furniture closeby. I think it should come with a health warning! The only way to overcome this is to either hold the appliance with one hand or make sure it is propped up against something to stop it falling.

Secondly, by accident one day, I've also discovered that if you do not fully unwind the electrical cable to use it, any remaining cable still wound up in the body of the appliance becomes extremely, and I mean extremely, hot! Whether this is a potential fire risk I am not an expert to know. Nevertheless, I now make sure that whenever I use the hoover the electrical cable is fully unwound.

Thirdly, the automatic cord rewind now doesn't work properly either!

So. overall, although a good hoover in its performance, I would not recommend it from a safety point of view and think it is best to stick to the traditional manual cord wind!

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY POWERFUL, 26 Oct 2010
Bought this vacuum as I have had, & still have various samsung electricals. They just seem to last forever, fingers crossed!!! this will too.
This is a very powerful vacuum, it's even great on laminate flooring which I didn't think it would be as an upright from past experience.
It's a bit too powerful though for the tool use, as its sucks the hose rigid, & if not careful with it, it will pull itself over, having said that it's still fantastic for the stairs, with its turbo pet hair attachment.
All tools fit snuggly onboard. Well done Samsung.
I would recommend this Vacuum to anyone.