5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Published on 26 Jan 2011 by martin

1.0 out of 5 stars Fundamentally Flawed - do not buy
First I must point out that I did not purchase this from Amazon, but I have owned this for 2 months from buying it in store elsewhere.

First few weeks of use - this is a great little hoover, lightweight, powerful, easy to empty.

Published 16 months ago by Jon B

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Jan 2011
This review is from: Samsung SC8650 Fido Vacuum Cylinder Cleaner, 1800 Watts (Kitchen & Home)
I bourght the Samsung SC8650 Fido Vacuum Cylinder Cleaner, 1800 Watts after reading many reviews on other websites while comparing prices, and most were good so when i saw this model half price i decieded to get it and im not dissapointed. It arived in two days excellent i thought. The design is easy to manage emptying and cleaning the filter not complicated at all, the tools that come with it are ok the pet brush atachment excellent, for an 1800 watt i was amazed at how much this hoover pics up more than enough power i do believe their is a 200 watt version aswell also the item is really quite quite. The main bad points i had read was the fact that their is no storage for the tools well i say just pick them up as you need them and the vacum fills up quick ie not big enough dust dirt holder well it is a small cylender hoover so depends how big your house is but im quite happy to empty it a little bit more. becouse of the quality the price i got it for i would gladly buy this hoover again and recomend it even if i had to pay full price althow i didnt want to spend that much and at the full price i was aware their were plenty of others to choose from but hey overall im happy EXCELLENT

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 20 May 2011
I have always had dyson's in the past and they are rubbish compared to this little fido. I always went for motor power before discovering Air Watts! what a difference. you can reduce the suction power so it doesn't suck up your rugs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung SC8650 Fido Vacuum Cylinder Cleaner, 1800 Watts, 7 Mar 2010
The machine is light & has ample power for day to day cleaning, it tends to block up from time to time & has no onboard tool stowage. This apart, it is good value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very powerful vacuum, 27 May 2011
Very impressed with this small vacuum cleaner. It is very powerful, and the rotating head does get up all the dog hairs from the carpet quite easily. The cord rewind is smooth and easy, and the machine isn't too heavy to lug around either. The attachments are adequate.
The only reason I have given it a four star rather than a five, is that I do think the dust bin is rather flimsy, and unfortunately I lost one of the little red velcro strips on the floor head the very first time I used it.
Samsung speedily returned my e-mail. and sent a replacement part, which unfortunately was not what I asked for, and not even for my model. However, I shall take a photograph this time, and hopefully all will be sorted.
Great machine though, and with a 5 year warranty, it gives peace of mind.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung SC8650 Fido, 27 Oct 2011
We've had this for almost a year & find it to be reliable, sturdy & very easy to use. We chose this model because of allergies & it does seem as effective at filtering out allergens as our previous 'expensive Germal model' (which fell to bits & was always reluctant to follow me around the house; I much prefer the Fido). It just about sits on the stairs, has nice rubber wheels which don't mark the floor & a good long lead. We keep the extra tools to hand hanging up in a strong bag which seems to work well. If large objects are sucked up they sit in the centre of the collection tub which although this means the 'full' light comes on & suction drops, it's quickly solved by retreiving the large items (good for keeping hold of toys!). This is the first bagless vacuum I've owned & appreciate not having buy bags. The only awkward things I find are:-

(1) Emptying the cylinder - if you are the person with the allergies this part isn't allergy friendly (I squint, try not breathe & generally wish I didn't have to do it)- best if you can persuade someone else to do it straight into the out-doors dustbin.

(2) Washing the filter - washing is quick & simple but I would really have preferred the vacuum to come with a spare blue foam filter at the very least as the cleaner can't be used whilst you're waiting for it to dry (even overnight isn't always long enough). The filter can't really cost £15, or £5.10 p&p, which so far has been the only online price I've been able to find - I would happily have paid an extra £5 for a spare to be included with the original purchase.

(3) If the design could be slightly less chunky it would both fit in the cupboard & on the stairs more comfortably.

I'd definitely change the colour too, but have to put that to the back of my mind as the other aspects make up for the very masculine black & red!

5.0 out of 5 stars wife loves it, 19 Oct 2011
the design is fantastic and it is a little bit heavy however the power is great and it is very easy to empty once full.

4.0 out of 5 stars I didnt realise my carpet was so dirty!, 13 April 2011
What a brilliant hoover! I hoover every days and still loads of dust came up the first time i used this hoover. Ive got two cats and a toddler and it has no trouble cleaning up after them. The lead is long enough to get to the top of my stairs and the hose is long and flexible. Its reasonably loud but not your usual hoover sound, its softer like a tumble dryer. The additional tools come in really handy as its got two different heads and three smaller tools. The only thing i would say is that its quite heavy but not as heavy as an upright. The toold arent on board which means trips back and forth to change over. Sits neatly on the stairs as i go up providing that you turn it upwards... Handy that from this angle you can slot the hose into the hoover for storage. All in all, a really good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget Dyson, this is it!, 9 Jun 2013
H. Munden (Spain) - See all my reviews
I have been looking for a new vacuum cleaner for a year but did not want to pay the Dyson price and now I am glad I waited. I actually bought this item in Spain for 120 euros from a "slightly marked" shop. It came with 2 pet attachments which are brilliant (I have 4 dogs and 2 cats). The suction is amazing, the machine glides easily, changes easily from floor to carpet by a large button, attachments are easy to change, it has an extra long cord which is self winding with the touch of a button, it is lightweight for lifting, but what I like the most is how easy it is to empty, one click, pull out the container and empty then one click back. Easy to rinse out too.

5.0 out of 5 stars just the job, 13 Mar 2013
i found it did every thing expected my daughter told me about it when she came on holiday from turkey
she as got one over there

1.0 out of 5 stars Fundamentally Flawed - do not buy, 18 Aug 2013
Jon B "Jon" (Manchester, U.K) - See all my reviews

Then kicks in the design flaw. The attachment that rolls along the floor, and assists the dust getting sucked up is designed by someone whom has never made a vacuum before. After a matter of weeks, hairs clog up the circular moving parts making them stop moving altogether, and suction become minimal.

(We don't have pets, so this is everyday hair)

You can take this apart (if you are OK using a screw driver, and then have the patience to spend 30 minutes with a pair of scissors cutting hairs out of the mechanism) but once you have done this twice, you begin to wonder why you have to do this at all.

I have had enough of mine after 2 months of usage and it is going back

We owned a Miele before this and had no problems.

Do not buy this particular Samsung model, you will not like it, you will get angry with it, and you will eventually send it back

I do not know if this applies to other Samsung models, I am only reviewing this one

A god awful product, designed by an imbecile.