Style Name: SENTRY 2 Touch Screen Meter Fan|Change
Price:£24.99+ £7.50 shipping

on 23 July 2011
Works fine. The twin-type fan connectors make it compatible with a wide range of fans. Information is accurate and the automatic is good to have. Only problems I have are:

- The cables are very long and very messy. Without appropriate cable management in the case, internally the PC will be a rats' nest of cables, potentially restricting air flow.

- Using the included tape to attach the probes is a temporary measure. The adhesive is far too weak, meaning that your probes will be all over the place if you're not careful. Try purchasing some stronger stuff, you won't regret it.

But don't let those two points discourage you. This product is a very useful thing to have, and it looks good too.
on 29 August 2010
Bought this mainly for the looks but its also very useful for these reasons:

1. You can tell the time when your gaming thx to the huge clock.
2. You can set all your fan speeds so that the noise coming from your case isn't a distraction when your working
3. Being able monitor your temperatures in your case, temperatures can be a problem in summer especially if you
overclock your system and you have a big graphics card.
4. Did I not mention it looks cool.

Pros
Overall quality and feel of the product is very good. I like the brushed aluminium effect.
The display is and big and bright, also ultra sharp,
The controls are easy to pick-up and the instruction manual is clear and easy to understand should you run into any problems.
Installation is fairly simple, all you have to do is mount your drive in place, then plug all your fans into the supplied wires they are numbered 1 - 5 to save any confusion, after that place all the temperatures probes (also numbered) where you want them and secure them in place with abit of sticky tape which comes in the box, oh and don't forget to install the watch battery which keeps your settings while the system is turned off.

Cons
Display not great when viewed from an angle
Probes are very fragile so be careful with them
Someone mentioned the alarm wasn't very loud but I found it loud enough to irritate me so is don't know what they were going on about
Not being able set the clock to 24 format

Overall I'm very happy with this unit not an essential purchase I'll admit but it useful nonetheless, can't recommend this product enough. Brilliant stuff
on 22 February 2015
Arrived with 1 day delivery, never noticed how loud the water pump is before with pwm fan control, offers enough power to run all 4 fans and the h60 water pump. The unit itself is better quality than the images show, the sliders have a good positive feeling against input so would be less likely to be knocked by accident. Only drawback could be the large amount of cabling, which can be removed for the controls not needed, but i see as a positive as the power leads can run to all fan positions in my case a corsair 200r. Its lighting is quite dim so for someone who wants a bright artwork of a rig, perhaps unsuitable but for someone like me who likes discrete its the best that will match for this price range.ive had no issues with corsair fans emitting annoying noises either which has been reported.

Overall a good product which does as it says, and for its price point my 5 stars are relative too.
on 9 January 2015
very nice looking on my PC for the price, and build quality is decent.

i used it because my motherboard don't have enough fan headers on it to support all my fan, this solves that problem, still letting me control them and watch the temperatures.

it was easy to install even with out a decent instillation guide!!! and took about half hour to complete due mainly to cable management.

the touch screen works very well and i'm pleased with it overall.

thanks.
on 28 April 2009
I have owned this fan controller for around a month now and it has worked great. It provides me with controls for 5 fans and temperature probs to put near these. These probs are long enough to go most places in the case as i has the full tower thermaltake armour and it reachs where all my fans are.

This really looks the part, my case does look good with it. I also hear people saying about the viewing angel of this product. I agree with them to a certain extent but it is not too bad as i have this fan controller in bays 2 and 3.

As it is an american product the date and month are around the other way set out in a format MM/DD/YYYY which can be quite confusing sometimes but nothing major.

One problem that i seem to have with my fan controller is that every 3 - 5 days my controller will randomly beep and put all fans upto full speed for about 20 seconds then slowly bring them back down to orignal speed. I dont know why this happens but again a small glitch for such a great product.

I ave rated it 4 out of 5 because of the smae glitch it has but if i was being mroe detailed i would give it a score of 95%.
on 2 March 2010
I bought this over a week ago, as I was upgrading my computer. I looked at alot of fan controllers, but dedcided on this one. I read alot of reviews on variuos pc tech forums etc, and selected this. I am not dissapointed this is a great piece of hardware. Its smaller than the first version, which is good as it only need one bay slot, it is super easy to install, and in the dark it looks amazing. You can controll all the fans you have with this this. The LCD touch screen panel is great, and unlike the first one it makes a beep noise so you know when u have selected something. The wires come with 3 and 4 pin connectors so you dont have to worry about nothing fitting from the fans. Everything on the wires is also labeled as well, which makes things much easier to organise.
66 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 June 2010
The best part about the Sentry 2 is that it works exactly like it should. I'm very happy with it, no matter if in "auto" or "manual" mode it works fine and decreses noise from your fans suitably.
Of course it also looks great, especially in the dark and is easy to install. It comes with both 3-pin and 4-pin connectors and temperature feelers.
The only thing I do not like is that the manual fails to explain how to turn off the beeping noise when you select something. In order to do so, simply tap the little off symbol in the right bottom corner ONCE - beeps turned off. Tap it again once and you have the beeps back.
on 13 February 2014
I think, I might be being a bit generous in giving this 5 stars (don't like giving anything 5 stars!), but I'm just so relieved to finally find a controller that actually does the job its supposed to do (making fans quieter).

I have read reviews of this that said it made the reviewer's fans make a buzzing noise so I felt some trepidation up till the point of powering the PC up, but at least so far, for me, this is wonderfully quiet (I desperately hope it doesn't develop such an issue later!)

My previous fan controller was annoyingly poor - a different brand to this one, it made the case fans make a ghastly buzzing noise when at low or even medium speed, thus failing in the basic job of a fan controller (keeping fan noise down). The worst thing was the noise was worst from the fans that were the same brand as the controller. To be fair, judging from the reviews, not everyone had that problem with that model (and as I say, I've seen other people complaining of the same problem with this one). Fan controllers seem to offer peculiarly inconsistent performance - maybe quality-control isn't a strong point of controller manufacturers?

I've read so many user reviews saying their fan controllers made fan noise _worse_ that I wasn't sure it was possible to get a decent one (apart maybe from the lamptron ones which seem to have a good reputation but seem way too expensive for something that's doing such a simple job - reducing supplied voltage, how hard can it be?). But this one seems to work well. Using it with the full 6 fans, a mixture of fractal, aerocool and thermalright brands, all of them seem to be happy with this device.

And other fan controllers I have won't work with a doored case because of the pretruding knobs, or don't offer enough channels or not enough watts per channel. 30W per channel should be plenty though.

As this one has a flat facia it doesn't obstruct my case door and the sliders seem a good way of implementing controls, less faffing about than a touch screen as you can directly control every fan individually or just slide them all up together.

It also sensibly uses fan connectors rather than molex and furthermore they are the type that is compatible with both 3-pin and 4-pin PWM fan connectors.

I still don't see why such a simple task should require a device costing even this much, but still, this at least works well.

Variable coloured LED fan numbers add a bit of bling (albeit rather pointless bling!). Only thing lacking is the option to turn fans off completely. No temperature sensors/LED readout, but personally I find those things aren't worth the extra tangled wires they add to the case as they can't really tell you the key temps you want to know (core, gpu)

I didn't buy it from Amazon, got it elsewhere a bit cheaper, by the way.

Might amend this review later, haven't checked how it actually affects temperatures yet - would presume on full it runs fans at max rpm, but we shall see.
on 21 March 2013
The design is very appealing and my unit works OK. That said, as reported by other users in Amazon.com: (1) the display looks very dim at an angle (no luminosity control), (2) the clock does not keep time and this is only mitigated by frequent changes of the supposedly-auto-rechargeable common mobo coin battery, (3) at least once a day the unit beeps as if the PC was overheating then rises all fan revs for a few seconds, which is not a serious issue but is annoying. My unit also shows a further significant annoyance: the luminosity of the display has reduced considerably after less than one year of use: I can hardly read it even at night time. A pity.
on 9 October 2012
This product is very good. If you are like me, and you like your system to look as tidy as possible, this is a great product.
The cable management at the back of the product is great, it has places to secure cable ties ect.

Although, I would only get this product with a black case. I'm using this product with the Corsair C70, and it fits the color scheme okay.

It supports 5 fans, although if you have splitters then you can use 10 fans! All 5 fans can be speed adjusted individually. The buttons have some stiffness to them. So when you adjust the dial it feel well made and not flimsy and cheap.

Overall this is a good product. I have given it 4 stars because it took a long time to deliver and at some angles you can see through small gaps around the buttons straight into your case.