4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and good sound quality
After my bt monitor broke after 15 months i decided to get something a bit more simple and cheaper. This monitor is perfect. It's so easy to use and the sound quality is fine. If your after something of good quality without all the added extras eg singing songs, night lights, talk back etc, this is perfect and a lot cheaper!
Published on 30 April 2010 by Ms. E. L. Church

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but some major flaws
Published 1 month ago by ceebee

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and good sound quality, 30 April 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound quality nice price., 4 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Motorola MBP10 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
I thought it was important to submit a review for this product as I really struggled to find a baby monitor on the basis of the current reviews on the site. It seems that any baby monitor on sale has both 5 star and 1 star reviews, so it is really hard to actually make a decision.

I chose this product because it was actually recommended by a different retailer, and I thought it was worth taking a gamble because it is a good price. It is also small (rather than these ridiculously large base units that seem to be dominating the market) and it is simple - all you really need is a unit that relays the sound of a crying baby isn't it?

We live in a rural building with slightly odd electrics, and have always had buzzy monitors in the past. This is clear as a bell which is great. I haven't anything to say about the build quality, nothing is irritating about the product.

It is worth mentioning that the monitor only cuts in if it 'hears' a sound and then that sound is maintained, so I thought it wasn't working at first. This means that you can't hear your baby breathing if that's important to you (it was for our first baby, but a bit more confident with number 2 so not necessary!). The unit also appears to have a slightly smaller range than our very old Tomy unit, but I'm talking about range outside of the house.

I would certainly recommend this product.

Since posting the review I see that people say you can't change the sensitivity - I can on my unit... you just press the 'up' arrow to increase the sensitivity and the 'down' arrow to decrease it. Although I can't hear my children breathing (as I could with my older monitor) I can hear them when they are making quiet sounds. Maybe those people who can't hadn't discovered the sensitivity controls.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but some major flaws, 1 Feb. 2015
We bought this to replace a Tomy monitor which had broken, and it does the job but has a couple of little annoyances in its use. The best thing about it is the sound quality - crystal clear, but doesn't kick in for every snuffle and shuffle the baby makes. It will broadcast proper cries as if the baby was in the room, but doesn't make you jumpy. The battery life is also really good - we don't use it overnight usually, but even using it for about five hours a day, we charge it far less than once a week.

The negatives... I feel like maybe we've just got a faulty one because this seems like a real design flaw - there's no way of knowing when you've turned it on without a delay! There is a light that shows when the monitor is on, but it only comes on a couple of seconds after you started it up. I suppose this doesn't really matter but it's annoying because you have to hold the button down for a few seconds and you don't know if you've held it down long enough to turn it on, until you've let go and then waited to see if the light comes on. I feel as if there should be a beep or something - there are beeps for the other buttons. Ditto, there appears to be no way at all of knowing when it's fully charged. It beeps and flashes when the battery is low - fine - but when it's plugged in there is a permanent red light. I assumed this would turn green or go off when charged but it either doesn't, or it takes more than two days to full charge, as I left it plugged in that long to see if the light would change and it never did. So I have no idea if it needs to be plugged in for an hour or 12 hours to charge. As it is, we usually leave it plugged in for a few hours and that does the trick for another week or more (although it doesn't seem to charge much if the unit is on).

I wonder if our unit is faulty and these things don't happen with all of them, but I wouldn't buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what i wanted out of a well priced, "basic" monitor, 22 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Motorola MBP10 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Exactly what i wanted out of a well priced, "basic" monitor, couldnt ask for more.

I must highlight that it IS stable/steady, i have no idea how some people could think its not? Prehaps they live on a boat?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, 26 Jan. 2011
Mr. H. N. Lone "hlone" (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola MBP10 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
My wife and I love this monitor. Good looking and very reliable. Also has good range and very clear reception

Highly recommended

2.0 out of 5 stars kept loosing connection, 12 Nov. 2013
I thought this product was just what we were looking for but unfortunately it wasn't. It kept loosing connection between the parent and baby monitors even tho we live in a relatively small house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty close to perfect, 17 Dec. 2013
It just works. I particularly like that the receiver has a whole day battery life on one charge - I can carry it round as I go from room to room and keep an ear on our daughter at all times.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but very basic, 13 July 2011
C. Kitchin "cakeroyd" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola MBP10 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
We bought this monitor as it was cheap and we shouldn't need one for much longer now, but it's a bit too basic really. You can't change the sensitivity and you can't put the sound on mute whilst leaving the lights on. We're used to being able to do both these things and they're actually very useful. I would spend a little extra and get a Phillips Avent which lasted us for years.

2.0 out of 5 stars Baby unit needs electricity, 5 Jun. 2014
I bought these because another review said you could use the child unit away from electricity, you can't. The baby unit needs to be plugged in. My search continues

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor battery, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP10 Digital Audio Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
The parent unit battery life is very poor and doesnt last long, it finally gave up the ghost last week after 18months use so I cant even charge or use it plugged in

Motorola MBP10 Digital Audio Baby Monitor